New York Jets unveil new uniforms

51 minutes ago, mmajeski06 said:

The Jets did have black as an accent color in the 90s. But it was just an accent color. I'd be fine if they went that route again and then had a black alt jersey. But please don't make it the primary color. 

GettyImages-72338489.0-Andy_Lyons_Getty_

Played Madden recently and put the Jets in the following: 80s helmet / Color Rush jersey / 80s pants / 80s socks and it looked great. Especially since Madden made the green helmet match the color rush jersey perfectly. 

This set is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Jaguars

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Chawls said:

I’d we’re considering double greens, then could a kelly green and Liberty green á la New York Liberty work? 

I doubt it.   Liberty green has too much blue in it. 

1200px-New_York_Liberty_logo.svg.png

Generally, multiple shades are best when they’re the same base color, just lighter and darker.

23 hours ago, mmajeski06 said:

The Jets did have black as an accent color in the 90s. But it was just an accent color. I'd be fine if they went that route again and then had a black alt jersey. But please don't make it the primary color. 

GettyImages-72338489.0-Andy_Lyons_Getty_

Played Madden recently and put the Jets in the following: 80s helmet / Color Rush jersey / 80s pants / 80s socks and it looked great. Especially since Madden made the green helmet match the color rush jersey perfectly. 

That picture was taken in good lighting. Those jerseys had a tendency to look too light under direct sunlight, lighter than the helmet. I assume that would be an easy fix now.

That said, I would love to see a slightly more complex version of those end up as their new uniforms next year. A black alt is fine as long as it doesn't overtake green as the primary - and please, no black pants, because the players would think they looked (fire emoji) with the green jerseys when in fact they'd look terrible.

16 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Nigeria pulls it off nicely:

a16543b76deeb4b320cf31d8c0f76d20_crop_no

I think they sometimes pull this off nicely, but this image isn’t one of those times, and more importantly, this isn’t even close to the oxidized copper color of Lady Liberty. I do think that color could work, though, provided it was paired with a kelly green that strayed more toward the cooler and darker sides of that spectrum.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

49 minutes ago, mmajeski06 said:

I remember these were sold in the early-2000s. Think a friend gave me a Curtis Martin version of this, but I don't think I ever wore it. You could barely see the green - but you did see people wearing them at games:

29futew.jpg

I wish more people realized how bad black looks paired with dark colors (except sometimes purple). This is as bad as Hawaii's black uniform.

46 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I wish more people realized how bad black looks paired with dark colors (except sometimes purple). This is as bad as Hawaii's black uniform.

I think black can look great paired with dark colors, but it has to be done with intent and restraint.

Royal-Blue-Tuxedo-Prom__13572.jpg

That said, I think purple is my least favorite dark color to pair with black, though I think the Ravens do it pretty well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

47 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

I think black can look great paired with dark colors, but it has to be done with intent and restraint.

Royal-Blue-Tuxedo-Prom__13572.jpg

That said, I think purple is my least favorite dark color to pair with black, though I think the Ravens do it pretty well.

Purple is pretty much the only dark color I like with black. I think it goes back to the 1995 Northwestern football team that went to the Rose Bowl. That school has always combined those two colors tastefully. The Ravens...I feel a less-blue shade might work better.

That guy in the navy suit jacket with black pants looks okay...but in practice... Butler is the only school that has ever made that combo look good (men's hoops) but even then it was wholly unneeded. Think of how West Virginia has at times tried to force black on a navy/yellow scheme. 

Then you have dark green. Hawaii, of course, but also the North Texas Mean Green, who have inexplicably often worn black uniforms despite their name. That drives me nuts.

And marroon/burgundy. Stanford is the most egregious here. Like UNT, their main color is their team name. Also like UNT, they often wear black despite that - and even though it doesn't contrast well with their actual color. That kind of thing drives my OCD up a wall.

Sorry for the rant.

11 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Purple is pretty much the only dark color I like with black. I think it goes back to the 1995 Northwestern football team that went to the Rose Bowl. That school has always combined those two colors tastefully. The Ravens...I feel a less-blue shade might work better.

That guy in the navy suit jacket with black pants looks okay...but in practice... Butler is the only school that has ever made that combo look good (men's hoops) but even then it was wholly unneeded. Think of how West Virginia has at times tried to force black on a navy/yellow scheme. 

Then you have dark green. Hawaii, of course, but also the North Texas Mean Green, who have inexplicably often worn black uniforms despite their name. That drives me nuts.

And marroon/burgundy. Stanford is the most egregious here. Like UNT, their main color is their team name. Also like UNT, they often wear black despite that - and even though it doesn't contrast well with their actual color. That kind of thing drives my OCD up a wall.

Sorry for the rant.

I think using white as the third color weakens it for me. That’s why I like West Virginia’s (though their use of it only on the sleeve caps isn’t ideal) and Baltimore’s use of it better than, say, Hawaii’s or Northwestern’s approach. The gold accents rather that just white make the look a lot richer for me.

20 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

That picture was taken in good lighting. Those jerseys had a tendency to look too light under direct sunlight, lighter than the helmet. I assume that would be an easy fix now.

That said, I would love to see a slightly more complex version of those end up as their new uniforms next year. A black alt is fine as long as it doesn't overtake green as the primary - and please, no black pants, because the players would think they looked (fire emoji) with the green jerseys when in fact they'd look terrible.

correct

new-york-jets-wayne-chrebet-photo_u-L-F6

6 hours ago, mmajeski06 said:

I remember these were sold in the early-2000s. Think a friend gave me a Curtis Martin version of this, but I don't think I ever wore it. You could barely see the green - but you did see people wearing them at games:

29futew.jpg

I remember the earlier version of this, with green numbers.  Glad it was just a fashion jersey, forest green on black(or graphite) with no outline is illegible.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

9 hours ago, mmajeski06 said:

29futew.jpg

Ah yes, always wondered what the deal

was with the Jets wearing fashion non-field jerseys in their player intro headshots circa 2012.

mpJehi4.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

9 hours ago, mmajeski06 said:

29futew.jpg

The last thing we need is another Philadelphia Eagles.  I'm still hoping Philly ditches the black for silver.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

4 hours ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

Ah yes, always wondered what the deal

was with the Jets wearing fashion non-field jerseys in their player intro headshots circa 2012.

mpJehi4.jpg

We'll need a better illustration before I can believe they're wearing fashion jerseys - those look like green jerseys - Howard is certainly wearing a green jersey.  Maybe the lighting makes the body look a little darker than the collar, but I'm not sure at all the other four are black.

Archived