New York Jets unveil new uniforms

20 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

correct

new-york-jets-wayne-chrebet-photo_u-L-F6

That does it. I’m now officially a fan of the triple green (lime, kelly, and forest) combination, maybe even with the color balance like this picture: kelly helmets and socks, lime jerseys, white pants, and forest accents (I know they’re black on this jersey, but they look like dark green). I shouldn’t like/want it, but I do.

ExJworW.png

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

That does it. I’m now officially a fan of the triple green (lime, kelly, and forest) combination, maybe even with the color balance like this picture: kelly helmets and socks, lime jerseys, white pants, and forest accents (I know they’re black on this jersey, but they look like dark green). I shouldn’t like/want it, but I do.

God no, Nike will butcher that thing beyond belief 

What about using the little plane/tail stream from the top of the JETS logo as a jersey sleeve stripe? The traditional single, double, and triple sleeve stripes in different team colors is played out, also not a great look on the modern jersey cuts. Save those for the teams that have them now and won’t ever change. New uniforms (unless going back to a previous set) shouldn’t do recolors of other teams’ striping patterns. So let’s stay away from a green 49ers jersey design with the new set. The helmet color and logo will be interesting to see. Love the JETS logo, but completely understand the whole NY thing. Maybe a NY with the little plane/tail stream coming off the NY. Haven’t heard many people favor the current green over Kelly green either. 

On 9/8/2018 at 4:30 PM, Discrimihater said:

I remember the earlier version of this, with green numbers.  Glad it was just a fashion jersey, forest green on black(or graphite) with no outline is illegible.

s-l1600.jpg

This is my go to game day jersey except I wear a Testaverde. I don't know why I wear it over my dozens of other Jets jerseys, but I think I like wearing something a little different from the Green and White jerseys I have been around all my life.

I

1 hour ago, Discrimihater said:

I preferred it when the J was larger.  It's looked a bit off to me since they made it the same size as ETS.

I agree. The current JETS wordmark looks like someone cropped off the top of the J to make it in line with the ETS. I think it looked 100 times better this way.

pSoUgVt.png

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

and all white socks - is that "color rush"?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

I preferred it when the J was larger.  It's looked a bit off to me since they made it the same size as ETS.

Cutting down the loop of the J so it's not as high up does make it look a little bit better.

VCoCIYK.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

4 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I don't what the consensus is on the boards, but I really like the Jets wordmark/font and I hope it survives whatever is happening next season.

7845_new_york_jets-wordmark-2011.png

That’s hideous.  

And what’s the point, considering they still use the initial-caps on in their logo, meaning on the helmet and jersey?  Why do they need this version?

1 hour ago, Chico said:

Also Jets in all white with white facemasks tonight. I do wish they would bring back the green capped socks with the white pants like the used to wear.

oxVQQ5S.pngx8LLu0n.jpg

The two green stripes on otherwise-white socks are a great example of...

S-T-R-I-P-I-N-G

C-O-N-S-I-S-T-E-N-C-Y

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

That’s hideous.  

And what’s the point, considering they still use the initial-caps on in their logo, meaning on the helmet and jersey?  Why do they need this version?

I was meaning more the script itself, including the version in the logo, not that specific wordmark itself.

IEI5Tg1.png

13 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

S-T-R-I-P-I-N-G

C-O-N-S-I-S-T-E-N-C-Y

Isn't it really three stripes - the two green ones, and the white one in between?  :P 

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

15 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

S-T-R-I-P-I-N-G

C-O-N-S-I-S-T-E-N-C-Y

But there are already two green stripes on the helmet and pants to coordinate with the stripes on the shoulders. What’s missing is the big green block at the bottom to balance the green sleeves, which is a great example of...

G-O-O-D

D-E-S-I-G-N

?

The white socks work well woth with the green pants, though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

4 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

But there are already two green stripes on the helmet and pants to coordinate with the stripes on the shoulders. What’s missing is the big green block at the bottom to balance the green sleeves, which is a great example of...

G-O-O-D

D-E-S-I-G-N

?

The white socks work well woth with the green pants, though.

I'm not arguing. My use of "striping consistency" was very tongue-in-cheek.

Archived