Jump to content

New York Jets unveil new uniforms


Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Gupti said:

The first thought that came to mind before anything else was "God, Darron Lee must feel so vindicated rn."

 

Lee was the one who was posting around concepts that looked like this and begging the team to switch to them, so I'd rest easier.

 

All in all, I'm just glad to have our first confirmation that 2019 won't be a boring offseason uni-wise (unless I'm forgetting something?).

Cleveland could change uniforms, per speculation though they are supposed to wait until 2020 and the Rams won't be changing, but I'm sure we'll see leaks from them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RealSkillsAbraham said:

Out of all teams, the Jets? Really, the Jets?

 

?

 

Well (if we can ever get him in camp) it's supposed to be a new era with a new QB at the helm. And I think Chris Johnson wants to put his stamp on the team as well taking over from his brother so it makes sense. And there has been a lot of clamoring on social media for a return to the pre Parcells revival look.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surely not a coincidence that the only jersey lit up when the words "New Uniforms, Spring 2019" came up is the Kelly green color rush. And the video seemed to be Kelly-green heavy as well. 

 

Not sure where I first heard this - but wasn't one of the reasons (or what they considered a benefit) of going with a green helmet in 1978 was that all of the other teams in their devision had white helmets? So in theory it would help the QB differentiate players. Who knows, but Jets QBs need all the help they can get - so sounds good to me.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, mmajeski06 said:

Surely not a coincidence that the only jersey lit up when the words "New Uniforms, Spring 2019" came up is the Kelly green color rush. And the video seemed to be Kelly-green heavy as well. 

 

Not sure where I first heard this - but wasn't one of the reasons (or what they considered a benefit) of going with a green helmet in 1978 was that all of the other teams in their devision had white helmets? So in theory it would help the QB differentiate players. Who knows, but Jets QBs need all the help they can get - so sounds good to me.  

I remember hearing that about the Bills and the red helmets, not the Jets, but who knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has there been any real discussion about the Eagles going back to Kelly? I'm assuming the Super Bowl win would've affected that discussion if so. Personally I prefer the Eagles in midnight and the Jets in kelly. Here's hoping the Jets don't squander this easy change. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Olmec said:

Has there been any real discussion about the Eagles going back to Kelly? I'm assuming the Super Bowl win would've affected that discussion if so. Personally I prefer the Eagles in midnight and the Jets in kelly. Here's hoping the Jets don't squander this easy change. 

 

No there hasn't been any real discussion for the Eagles. They just want to try to have two things at once like the Rams are doing right now, which is stupid, but atleast in the Rams case circumstances have dictated they have to do what they're doing. The Eagles need to just pick an era and move on and stop trying to play Milwaukee Brewers with their fans. It's ridiculous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

 

No there hasn't been any real discussion for the Eagles. They just want to try to have two things at once like the Rams are doing right now, which is stupid, but atleast in the Rams case circumstances have dictated they have to do what they're doing. The Eagles need to just pick an era and move on and stop trying to play Milwaukee Brewers with their fans. It's ridiculous.

 

This post makes zero sense. 

 

They wante to have a throwback. They couldn’t. So rather than mix eras/colors, they decided to keep their current look. It’s the exact opposite of the Rams. They’re not playing anything with their fans. This is misinformed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

This post makes zero sense. 

 

They wante to have a throwback. They couldn’t. So rather than mix eras/colors, they decided to keep their current look. It’s the exact opposite of the Rams. They’re not playing anything with their fans. This is misinformed. 

 

I was misunderstood here. I meant that the Eagles have been constantly trying to get themselves a Kelly Green throwback. Maybe I worded myself wrong or whatever, it's 5am and I'm being weird. My point is that I personally think the Eagles shouldn't try to just settle for a throwback or a kelly green alternate or any of that nonsense, if they really want it they should just go back to it. i'd say that's playing with your fans. I understand the midnight green might have a legacy now (does it?) but they need to just decide what they want to commit to. Maybe Eagles fans like the midnight green? I have no idea. I don't mind throwbacks but the way Lurie talked about Kelly Green made it seem like they want it full on but don't want to let go to what they have now.

 

I'm just afraid of the whole Rams thing possibly making teams think they can hold onto two different looks like the Milwaukee Brewers or LA Rams and I don't think that's a good move.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the old Namath Jets look but I feel like they have deviated from it a lot. So I hope this means the 70s - mid 90s Jets look returns. Kelly green is a must in my eyes. But once again, I am skeptical about how good it will look. This is Nike we are talking about and even worse, teams give them carte blanche. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, daveindc said:

 

Can a team start a process before deciding if they're going through with it or not? Not sure how it works, but I'm assuming so. Maybe Lee and Adams were pushing it already knowing the Jets were mulling it over.

 

yes, a team can start the process but by no means are they obligated to change anything once that happens. 

 

personally, im just hoping they keep white helmets. i would assume they would do something similar to the Lions though, going with a new design that is inspired by a previous uniform. doing that, you can still have your throwback (80s/90s look probably) and an alternate, which for them wouldn't make sense if it were another green jersey so you're probably looking at black or gray, maybe its included in the primary design. again, similar to the Lions.

 

i would also hope they go with a new green, one that no other team has. they have a little more flexibility than most teams because they dont have to update anything too permanent at the stadium, its all things that are hung up for their games. kelly green is nice and i actually dig their current, but why not something new, something that can be "owned" by the team? plus, that makes a kelly green throwback that much more special 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is either gonna look great (Vikings & the new Dolphins tweaks) or be close to perfect but feel like a mess (Browns, Lions & Jaguars). There's no way this jersey is gonna be a :censored: show. 

I personally would like to see Kelly Green back & the green helmets return. It'd be a nice change. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • officeglenn changed the title to Jets new uniform speculation/leaks thread
  • IceCap locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.