New York Jets unveil new uniforms

32 minutes ago, Placebo said:

Jets fans have a very bright green flag that looks like a team give away.

I think it is pretty obvious they are emphasizing a much brighter green ahead of the new uniforms.

Hope so. Can't stand the dull green. Too many dark colors in general in sports these days.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Goglepop said:

usa_today_11056094.0.jpg

Pretty sure that the cowboys have shiny pants with the new uniforms. I think that it can be done. 

I’m guessing the pants are manufactured by whoever made them before the Nike changeover (Ripon?), and just have a Swoosh added on. The Raiders do the same thing: wearing Nike-produced jerseys with outsourced pants. 

11 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

I’m guessing the pants are manufactured by whoever made them before the Nike changeover (Ripon?), and just have a Swoosh added on. The Raiders do the same thing: wearing Nike-produced jerseys with outsourced pants. 

And don't the Packers outsource their jerseys too, so Nike won't muddy up their green?

36 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

And don't the Packers outsource their jerseys too, so Nike won't muddy up their green?

Indeed.  Despite the change in league suppliers, the Packers' uniforms continue to be made by the same firm.  The only difference is which logo that firm sews on to the sleeve.

2 hours ago, C-Squared said:

Does anyone else think that brighter green is a bit of an overcorrection? It feels almost neon.

2 hours ago, insert name said:

Yes. The color rush uniform they wear are WAAYYY to bright. This doesn’t look like Kelly Green.

The Color Rush uniforms don't seem quite this bright. This green looks closer to the Seahawks' green:

Buffalo Bills v New York Jets : News Photo

Celebrities Attend Miami Dolphins vs New York Jets Game : News Photo

Celebrities Attend Miami Dolphins vs New York Jets Game : News Photo

Seattle Seahawks v Arizona Cardinals : News Photo

I do appreciate the vibrant shade, but I think for the Jets it needs to be darkened a bid.

21 minutes ago, Teal said:

What green would you call it? It kind of looks lime. 

Yeah, it looks like a lime or neon green to me. Nothing kelly green to me about it.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

14 hours ago, Teal said:

What green would you call it? It kind of looks lime. 

Yeah looks lime-ish to me too. Pairing that color with a main green similar to Kelly green would be a nice accent. Better then something like antherite or whatever nike's gray is to muddle it up.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived