TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets unveil new uniforms

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:
2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I am by no means trying to come across as a Brit; I wear my status as a lifelong New Yorker on my sleeve.

Also, there is more than a bit of homage-paying going on, as I am an anglophile 

:blink:

😛 

Do not give me those faces. A New Yorker can perfectly well be an anglophile. An anglophile is an admiring outsider, such a person could be from anywhere.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

here's all you need to know about Tony Packo's.  They serve something they call a Chili Sundae;

spacer.png

That's a "Sundae" with sour cream instead of ice cream, chili sauce instead of chocolate sauce, cheese instead of nuts (I guess), and a cherry tomato.  Read it again, if you don't believe it.

I haven't had chili in many years, as I eat very little meat nowadays. But that looks pretty dang good.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I lived in Toledo during the decade of the 90's. Met my wife there, got married there, have nothing but great memories.

IMO its not that Tony Packo's is especially bad, it's that (Thanks to M*A*S*H) everybody comes to town thinking its THE place, and that if you're local, you must worship it.  It's kind of like visiting Australia, and wanting to go to Outback Steakhouse. (I mean, maybe. Hell, I've never been to Australia, right?)

Anyway,here's all you need to know about Tony Packo's.  They serve something they call a Chili Sundae;

spacer.png

spacer.png  

That's a "Sundae" with sour cream instead of ice cream, chili sauce instead of chocolate sauce, cheese instead of nuts (I guess), and a cherry tomato.  Read it again, if you don't believe it.

(See, I can take a thread deep into left field, too.)

Dude, that looks like a million dollars

12 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:
15 hours ago, infrared41 said:

FWIW, M*A*S*H* may, in fact, be the worst thing to ever happen to Toledo. The show made people believe that Tony Packo's hot dogs are good. They are not.

Interesting. What's wrong with them? Is there a rival hot dog place that you champion, in the manner of the Philadelphia cheesesteak war between partisans of Geno's and Pat's?

With regard to Packo's, @oldschoolvikings pretty much nails it.

11 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

IMO its not that Tony Packo's is especially bad, it's that (Thanks to M*A*S*H) everybody comes to town thinking its THE place, and that if you're local, you must worship it.  It's kind of like visiting Australia, and wanting to go to Outback Steakhouse. (I mean, maybe. Hell, I've never been to Australia, right?)

Packo's is OK for what it is, but this Toledo native is not of the opinion that Packo's best represents our fine city. Honestly, what Packo's calls a hot dog is much closer to a brat than it is a hot dog. It's not a bad place to eat, it's just that Toledo has quite a few places that are a lot better. That said, I do kinda dig Packo's logo.

w6UTduvoCneL_A_EM3iCprs9DtLqD3GHDeC0UgHr

My opinion is that Rudy's has the best hot dogs in Toledo with Netty's coming in a close second. 

rudys-hot-dog-sylvania-ave-24588_1413836 nettyshome011910_02.gif

And with that, let's give this thread back to the folks who are here to talk about the new Jets uniforms. 

Bruh, what the hell. I just wanna talk about triangle stripes and black outlines like a normal person, not the qualifications it takes to identify as a resident of a city 😂😂

I already saw someone wearing the new black alternate tonight in the crowd during Wrestlemania 35. It didn't look bad at all but I still don't think they should have a black jersey.

This thread was Packojacked!  I like their chili!  GO MUD HENS!

Back to the Jets uniforms...

I like the green they used.  I'm ok with the black trim, although it wasn't necessary.  The black uniform is awful  The pant and shoulder stripes bother me.  The "New York" on the front wasn't needed.  As someone else mentioned, they are just this side of OK.

6 hours ago, O.C.D said:

Dude, that looks like a million dollars

I never said I wouldn't eat it   I have made that decision more than once.

10 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That's not really a thing.

Geno's and Pat's are maybe top 5 if I'm feeling generous

14 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Yeah, I know. I've been to Trenton numerous times. My point was that Trenton reminding me a little bit of Toledo was something nice I could say about New Jersey. Full disclosure, the part of Trenton that reminded me a little of Toledo was actually just a strip mall that looked similar to one in Toledo. That was the nicest thing I could say about New Jersey. 

Have you been south of Trenton? South Jersey really isn't too bad.

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I already saw someone wearing the new black alternate tonight in the crowd during Wrestlemania 35. It didn't look bad at all but I still don't think they should have a black jersey.

How was the green/black contrast?

So now that we've seen the uniforms, which leak information source was more correct and trusting ?

12 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

(At least one of these forms, "theatre", has plenty of currency...)

As someone who has experience in amateur stage-acting, I've had the understanding that "theater" is a building and "theatre" an art form. However, that's just my view, and I make no representations that it represents any grand consensus.

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

You touch on an important distinction: how the black jersey looks as a normal shirt is a different question to how it looks as part of a game uniform.

However, the greater tendency of people to wear black shirts than green shirts might explain the inclusion of the black jersey in the set.

(Nothing explains the black pants. The black jersey would be less bad if it were paired with white pants.)

45 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

How was the green/black contrast?

it showed up well (that was gary vaynerchuk (@garyvee on twitter, for those who don't know him) who was wearing it btw. 

i would be shocked if they don't eventually go black-green-black. think having green pants would really make the other green elements on the black jersey pop.

44 minutes ago, seahawk9 said:

So now that we've seen the uniforms, which leak information source was more correct and trusting ?

Because I have no life on this Monday morning, here are Teal's quotes regarding the unis:

10/31 I have news I’m not sharing

12/3 The Jets are changing the shade of green. It’s much lighter.  It’s close to Kelly. Not as bright.

12/22 Is there a white set, a green set and dare I say it... a black set for 2019. The new shade of green is titled “SPORT GREEN”. 

12/23 No. It's black (asked about if it is anthracite)

12/24 I can fully 110% confirm that there is a black uniform for the 2019 season.

12/26 It’s happening. New logo and black uniform.

12/28 The jacket matches the colour Sport Green more than the practice today billboard. 

1/19 The new set doesn't feature Kelly green. 

1/27 There is a white uni, a sport green uni and a black uni. 

There will be pants in all 3 colours as well. 

The new logo is not a radical change. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is nothing in there that is obviously wrong, other than the name isn't called Sport Green. I personally wouldn't call the green "much lighter"

Just now, Sec19Row53 said:

Because I have no life on this Monday morning, here are Teal's quotes regarding the unis:

10/31 I have news I’m not sharing

12/3 The Jets are changing the shade of green. It’s much lighter.  It’s close to Kelly. Not as bright.

12/22 Is there a white set, a green set and dare I say it... a black set for 2019. The new shade of green is titled “SPORT GREEN”. 

12/23 No. It's black (asked about if it is anthracite)

12/24 I can fully 110% confirm that there is a black uniform for the 2019 season.

12/26 It’s happening. New logo and black uniform.

12/28 The jacket matches the colour Sport Green more than the practice today billboard. 

1/19 The new set doesn't feature Kelly green. 

1/27 There is a white uni, a sport green uni and a black uni. 

There will be pants in all 3 colours as well. 

The new logo is not a radical change. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is nothing in there that is obviously wrong, other than the name isn't called Sport Green. I personally wouldn't call the green "much lighter"

glad you brought this up, because i found something over the weekend that was interesting.

on nike's website, here's the listing for the jets jerseys:

spacer.png

note what i circled. not stumping for teal for anything, because i don't know the guy from a hole in the wall, but it seems like he was working with, at the very least, some inside information. it also probably shows where he is getting that info (from some link in the retail supply chain).

5 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

There's also nothing in there that wasn't pretty easy to guess. Fans clearly wanted lighter green and a return to the 80s look, so it was easy to connect the dots to black being involved.

Not saying this discredits anyone, just that I'm not sure it verifies anyone's creds either.