New York Jets unveil new uniforms

You’re correct, though I wasn’t saying Nike made that specific jersey. It’s a Ripon Athletic jersey with a Nike logo slapped onto it, as had been the case with every team outfitted by adidas, Apex, Nike, Puma, Reebok and/or Starter prior to Nike becoming the exclusive official supplier of the NFL in 2012. As I mentioned above, the Cowboys and Raiders still do it with their pants, too.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/28/2018 at 2:39 AM, AndrewMLind said:

Green Bay, Philadelphia, Carolina, Oakland and Atlanta. Every other team switched. That’s now down to just Green Bay and Carolina, though Oakland and Dallas still use Ripon for their pants. Nike also took over in 2012.

Another Nike frustration contention point:

NFL teams could keep their current uniform construction and Nike would just sew their makers' mark on at the end.  Why wasn't this an option for the NBA?  Perhaps not every team wanted non-centered shorts notches and abruptly-ending armhole trim.  I was going to say it was because they took over for adidas who outfitted every team, but wasn't that the same with NFL and Reebok?  Or is it that the NBA didn't have a Ripon equivalent making uniforms which adidas then put its logo on post hoc?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

30 minutes ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

Or is it that the NBA didn't have a Ripon equivalent making uniforms which adidas then put its logo on post hoc?

I think that's probably closer to the mark.  I don't know of any other sport that had a supplier like Ripon doing subcontractor work for a variety of national firms.

I hope Nike keeps it classic and doesn’t do the modern Bucs/Seahawks/Jags 13-17 look. Why not current look with Kelly green and this helmet (but with kelly green logo/stripe/ and either green or white face mask)?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHvEz4rVQ1id1wDH8xMV7

I like the idea of the Jets being inspired by the kelly green with a touch of hunter green(?) in their color rush uniform.  I think one way the could consider using it is the way Iowa State is using (what appears to me to be) a slightly darker red around their new uniform numbers.

https://twitter.com/ISUMattCampbell/status/1016750155553492995/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1016750155553492995&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.widerightnattylite.com%2F2018%2F7%2F10%2F17555196%2Fiowa-state-releases-new-football-uniforms

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

12 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

You’re correct, though I wasn’t saying Nike made that specific jersey. It’s a Ripon Athletic jersey with a Nike logo slapped onto it, as had been the case with every team outfitted by adidas, Apex, Nike, Puma, Reebok and/or Starter prior to Nike becoming the exclusive official supplier of the NFL in 2012. As I mentioned above, the Cowboys and Raiders still do it with their pants, too.

I'm not sure if this is the case, but out of all the retail suppliers, Puma was the only one where their retail "authentic" jerseys matched the actual game-worn jerseys almost perfectly. I used to own a game-worn Bills jersey by Puma from 2000, along with the retail version from the same year, and the materials and print quality were identical, just a different cut... unless Ripon just made the store "authentic" jerseys for Puma, too?

6 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

I’d also like to announce that I have news as well. I also will not be sharing it. 

In addition, I have information regarding JFK’s assassination. That will follow as well. Plus remember Roswell and the alien autopsy? Yep, I’m not telling. 

Good for you dude. Hate will get you far in life. 

Jaguars

39 minutes ago, Teal said:

I have news about the new set. Unfortunately l haven’t got clearance yet to discuss. As soon as I can, I will. 

what is the point of this post?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Post-padding. Or attention. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

15 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

To tease and torture...

All i want to know if its a lighter green and if its 80s style or inspired logo. Blink once for yes, twice for no lol

17 hours ago, Teal said:

EDIT-

I’m done. 

Stop acting like a b...., ok? You've got right with NBA leaks, but it doesn't mean that you're alpha and omega now. Instead of, you became super annoying, so if you wanna blame someone for this hate on you, blame yourself and your attitude. Over and out.

4r2eer.png

47 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Stop acting like a b...., ok? You've got right with NBA leaks, but it doesn't mean that you're alpha and omega now. Instead of, you became super annoying, so if you wanna blame someone for this hate on you, blame yourself and your attitude. Over and out.

All I said was I will post info when I get clearance. When on earth did I act or pretend to me an alpha. Be gone with your rubbish. 

Jaguars

1 minute ago, Teal said:

All I said was I will post info when I get clearance. When on earth did I act or pretend to me an alpha. Be gone with your rubbish. 

If you have info you can share, then by all means share it. Your track record in the NBA thread gives you a lot of credibility. 

Just don’t post to say you have info you can’t share. It’s poor form :P

48 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

If you have info you can share, then by all means share it. Your track record in the NBA thread gives you a lot of credibility. 

Just don’t post to say you have info you can’t share. It’s poor form :P

Excatly, I agree with you in 100%.

And to you @Teal.  You didn't act, ok, but texts like "I'm done", "Forget it" or "Hate will get you far in life." and many others in NBA thread are what like not an acting? Only because you didn't like posts by @BringBackTheVet and @AgentColon2, doesn't mean you need to be angry. 

C'mon, chillout, be cool, don't annoy and don't take everything so seriously.

4r2eer.png

Archived