New York Jets unveil new uniforms

Yeah, that’s it. 

I know how frustrating it is to have insider information you can’t share. No matter how desperately you want to.  But as maddening as it is to have to keep quiet, it’s ten times more frustrating when you know somebody has info that they won’t share

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, that’s it. 

I know how frustrating it is to have insider information you can’t share. No matter how desperately you want to.  But as maddening as it is to have to keep quiet, it’s ten times more frustrating when you know somebody has info that they won’t share

I want to thats why I posted it. To let you all know its coming, as soon as I have been given clearance. I'm not trying to stir trouble in anyway, actually excitement, but as always I get reduced to name calling. Makes me think twice. Seriously considering logging off here and never coming back. 

Some of you have been extremely hurtful.

Jaguars

39 minutes ago, Teal said:

I want to thats why I posted it.

What you want is irrelevant.  All anyone cares about is information or comments germane to the topic at hand.  It's like the teacher asks a question, you raise your hand, and say "well, I want to answer, but can't.  Just wanted to let you know I wanted to".  You're not passing that class.

To let you all know its coming, as soon as I have been given clearance.

News flash - nobody is going anywhere.  We don't need you letting us know something is coming.  You have something?  Bring it.  Otherwise, keep quiet.  This post alone validates what others have posted that you either just desire attention, or think that you're somehow important, as if people are sitting around waiting for Teal to chime in, so you have to let them know that it's coming and to be patient.  

I get reduced to name calling.

What names have you been called?  It's possible I missed something, but I don't recall you being called any names.  People - including me - have commented on your constant posts despite complete lack of substance, but it's not like people are calling you an idiot or loser or any other unacceptable term.  

Seriously considering logging off here and never coming back. 

Why don't you take a couple of weeks, resist the urge to post, and just observe how people interact with each other here.  98.3% of posters have no issues here, so I certainly don't think there's a problem with the forum membership, but rather the 1.7% of members that consistently have issues.  Sit back, observe, post when you have something to add to the discussion - including learned information - and cut it out with the post-padding.  You'll be fine.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, msu said:

Teal is a valuable asset. i hope he isn't chased away. Posts you don't like from him can easily be ignored.

The thing is that nobody is trying to chase him away or nor should he feel chased away. He just needs to chill out a bit and come back in a few days or maybe a week or two and things will be fine.

bSLCtu2.png

The problem with videos like that is that there's almost no way the finished product can live up to it.   I think everyone can interpret those words differently, and it's setting up at least some portion of the fan base for disappointment.  Some people might be expecting (and maybe even hoping for) some cutting-edge Oregon design, which is certainly a reasonable expectation based on the video, but then they'll be crushed when it's a neo-traditional set that still looks great, but wasn't what they were expecting.  The opposite is true too. 

They need to be quiet and stop jerking themselves off by posting videos about how proud they are of themselves and how much everyone will love their work and how they can't wait.  It adds absolutely nothing.  I don't care who the senior designer is.  99.9% of people don't.  We just want to see the product, and we want to like it.  Nothing else matters.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Doesn't sound like a modern take on a classic jersey. This sounds like something completely new and that's terrifying.

I don't want the Jets to turn into those teams that have to update every few years just to follow the new trend. 

XM4KeeA.png

3 minutes ago, insert name said:

Doesn't sound like a modern take on a classic jersey. This sounds like something completely new and that's terrifying.

I don't want the Jets to turn into those teams that have to update every few years just to follow the new trend. 

It can be anything.  The video didn't confirm or refute anything.  It could be Jaguars-ish, it could be Titans-ish, it could be Bucs-ish, it could be Oregon-ish, you get the point.  All that video explained is that the project has been going on for 4 years, which is actually kind of interesting.  I assume that there's always design work going on for teams (or maybe even Nike just decides to do it on their own, and pitch it later) and then if/when they stumble on something they like, maybe then they inform the league of their intent, rather than starting the process from scratch at that 2-year deadline.

I'm wondering what a project plan would look like.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I assume that there's always design work going on for teams (or maybe even Nike just decides to do it on their own, and pitch it later) and then if/when they stumble on something they like, maybe then they inform the league of their intent, rather than starting the process from scratch at that 2-year deadline.

that was essentially the process with the Dolphins. i would imagine its been such a long process because they went through it twice. i get the feeling they went far with a concept then said “naw lets start from scratch”. again, thats pure soeculation on my part but 4 years is a long time for this sort of thing without major changes in ownership or creative leadership.

i wouldnt say theres nothing to take away from the video though. yes, its vague but pay attention. this is a sort of chapter 1 in this story and ill bet they do more of these videos leading up to release (likely Draft time). so ask yourself, what is the video telling us? and why is there a shot focused on a green helmet center screen as the voiceover describes the essence of the modern Jets brand?

i gather they’re hinting at a green helmet, or heavy influence from the 80s/90s uniform. and if it turns out none of that is true im going to say its bad storytelling!

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

4 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

that was essentially the process with the Dolphins. i would imagine its been such a long process because they went through it twice. i get the feeling they went far with a concept then said “naw lets start from scratch”. again, thats pure soeculation on my part but 4 years is a long time for this sort of thing without major changes in ownership or creative leadership.

i wouldnt say theres nothing to take away from the video though. yes, its vague but pay attention. this is a sort of chapter 1 in this story and ill bet they do more of these videos leading up to release (likely Draft time). so ask yourself, what is the video telling us? and why is there a shot focused on a green helmet center screen as the voiceover describes the essence of the modern Jets brand?

i gather they’re hinting at a green helmet, or heavy influence from the 80s/90s uniform. and if it turns out none of that is true im going to say its bad storytelling!

I hope you're right.

Ultimately, I'll be okay as long as (1) the new primary shade of green is lighter than the current one (and preferably not mismatched across different parts of the uniform, NIKE!) and (2) there is something jetlike in the script and/or a prevalent secondary logo.

On one hand Nike gave us the current Vikings which are details away from being perfect. Then there’s the Browns, Dolphins, Seahawks, Bucs, Jags, and Titans and suddenly I’m not so optimistic that they’re going to get this one right. 

Midway.png

8 hours ago, Midway said:

On one hand Nike gave us the current Vikings which are details away from being perfect. Then there’s the Browns, Dolphins, Seahawks, Bucs, Jags, and Titans and suddenly I’m not so optimistic that they’re going to get this one right. 

I don't think the Dolphins, Seahawks, or Jags are anywhere close to Browns, Titans, and Bucs.. The Seahawks look is a bit polarizing, but still generally pretty tasteful, and the Dolphins and Jags are minor tweaks from being great (simply dropping the blue outlines and using normal orange went a long way already for the Dolphins, and the Jags are clean but boring and could use a small dash of signature detail - like featuring their signature color more).. 

I agree that this could be a Titans-esque disaster (which it likely will be), but they could produce something really solid if they don't try to get too cute with it..

10 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

I don't think the Dolphins, Seahawks, or Jags are anywhere close to Browns, Titans, and Bucs.. The Seahawks look is a bit polarizing, but still generally pretty tasteful, and the Dolphins and Jags are minor tweaks from being great (simply dropping the blue outlines and using normal orange went a long way already for the Dolphins, and the Jags are clean but boring and could use a small dash of signature detail - like featuring their signature color more).. 

I agree that this could be a Titans-esque disaster (which it likely will be), but they could produce something really solid if they don't try to get too cute with it..

So basically... it could be anything.  That's where I'm at.  A Jags-style neo-traditional set would work well for them (though I hate it for the Jags) as long as they put traditionalish striping on at least the white pants.)

They'll likely have a third jersey... because.  What color would we expect that to be?  I'm going with gray  (maybe even wolf gray, though they'll probably call it 'fuselage gray' or some :censored: like that.' 

Archived