TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets unveil new uniforms

This thread has pretty much everything except the traditional debate amongst New Yorkers about which NYC pizza shop is the best.

If there is one thing I think would make that set a home run would for the team to "adopt" the current Virginia Tech jersey that has the modified stripe pattern.

spacer.png

They can have the collar remain green (or black if they wanted to tie in sets together) and the stripes on either side of the collar would be white (on green set), green (on white set) and green (on black set). Then just do something with the stripe. But I can still live with what was given. This would then allow them to also put their new New York Jets in and oval logo on the chest as on the previous set or just a NY in oval.

1 hour ago, tp49 said:

This thread has pretty much everything except the traditional debate amongst New Yorkers about which NYC pizza shop is the best.

it's [LOCAL PIZZA PLACE THAT I FREQUENT THAT MAKES THE STYLE OF PIZZA I HAVE GROWN TO PREFER]. everybody knows this!

10 minutes ago, Brian E said:

it's [LOCAL PIZZA PLACE THAT I FREQUENT THAT MAKES THE STYLE OF PIZZA I HAVE GROWN TO PREFER]. everybody knows this!

What kind of philistine are you?  No one with half a brain eats the pizza from [LOCAL PIZZA PLACE THAT I FREQUENT THAT MAKES THE STYLE OF PIZZA I HAVE GROWN TO PREFER]. You need to venture out of [TOURIST TRAP NEIGHBORHOOD THAT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING AUTHENTIC ANYMORE]!

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Ugh. Little kids? Nah. Many colleges had team name/location on top of the number. I like/liked most of them.

I love CU's unis (well, before they switched to beige). 

The "COLORADO" is pretty cool.

Yes but for the NFL it looks stupid to put that on the front of the jersey. 

The large wordmark on the upper jersey looks great in college IMO.  Probably because I'm used to it, but Oklahoma and Michigan State wouldn't look right without it. I was also kind of ok with it for the Browns... As a city pride one-of-a-kind thing, but I definitely don't want to see it become a common thing in the NFL.

25 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The large wordmark on the upper jersey looks great in college IMO.  Probably because I'm used to it, but Oklahoma and Michigan State wouldn't look right without it. I was also kind of ok with it for the Browns... As a city pride one-of-a-kind thing, but I definitely don't want to see it become a common thing in the NFL.

Are you missing a 'don't' in that statement (where I added it in bold)?

3 hours ago, tp49 said:

2 hours ago, Brian E said:

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

What kind of philistine are you?  No one with half a brain eats the pizza from [LOCAL PIZZA PLACE THAT I FREQUENT THAT MAKES THE STYLE OF PIZZA I HAVE GROWN TO PREFER]. You need to venture out of [TOURIST TRAP NEIGHBORHOOD THAT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING AUTHENTIC ANYMORE]!

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

How many NFL helmets have had a football on it?

Pat Patriot and old Dolphins come to mind

I don't think the dolphins ever had a football on their helmet..

7 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

Just slightly... In all seriousness, with regards to the Panthers, user silver sparingly. Drop the silver pants and helmet. 

I'd say double down on the silver, drop the white pants, wear the blue socks as much as possible.

12 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

Everyone is gonna have a football on their uniforms this season.

spacer.png

womp womp

well with that logic, everyone always has a football on their uniforms:

eyJFFcP.png

3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Are you missing a 'don't' in that statement (where I added it in bold)?

Yikes.  I most definitely am.  I went back and added the DON'T because I DON'T.

On 4/8/2019 at 6:33 PM, monkeypower said:

One of the things I remember noticing during the unveiling was when the Jets president mentioned new colours in the endzones. I'll be interested to see what, if anything, he meant by that.

Since the endzones are just pieces of turf that get taken out to switch between the Jets and Giants anyways, could there be a set of black endzones for when they wear the black jerseys?

Most certainly there will be a black endzone.

3 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I don't think the dolphins ever had a football on their helmet..

True but they had a helmet on their helmet.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yikes.  I most definitely am.  I went back and added the DON'T because I DON'T.

Whew. We may cheer for different teams, but I thought we were on the same team here.