TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets unveil new uniforms

8 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Man, that Memphis Express helmet sure is getting a lot of love in this thread.

It's better than either the previous or current helmet. 

6 hours ago, monkeypower said:

giphy.gif

Fun Fact: Sbarro's origin is Bensonhurst, Brooklyn. Whether or not you agree with Michael Scott is another story. I prefer Ray's.

23 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I’m not in the camp wanting Carolina wearing black helmets, and don’t think I’ll ever be. I haven’t seen a single concept yet that’s made that idea work, in my opinion. Especially not with the logo as-is.

I feel like when Carolina wears the right combinations, all the colors are balanced out really well. Sure you could maybe tweak a few parts of the uniform here or there if you wanted, but that’s really all they should do. I think they’ve got a better thing going for them than they’re given credit for and I’d really hate to see them muck it up. Anything can happen, and they may prove me wrong, but I just see too much potential for them to go Titans level bad on a redesign and we’ll be looking for that “S#!+ GO BACK” button to mash.

I saw a concept of a new Panthers uniform here on Sportslogos awhile back.  I think it may have been designed by the actual sportslogos owner but not sure.  Anyways I loved how that turned out and it addressed the sleeve stripe problem with the nike templates.  Also included a black helmet.  

19 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The large wordmark on the upper jersey looks great in college IMO.  Probably because I'm used to it, but Oklahoma and Michigan State wouldn't look right without it. I was also kind of ok with it for the Browns... As a city pride one-of-a-kind thing, but I definitely don't want to see it become a common thing in the NFL.

I can definetely agree on that it looks better on certain college teams even though my father doesn't agree.  But yeah in the NFL I don't like it at all.  

1 hour ago, DouglasQuaid said:

I dont mind them using black socks to break up the yoga pants look with green pants.

I agree. Even tough I really don't like the addition of black to the Huskies, it at least helps this look. Would be similar for the Jets. 

Pettis3.jpg

I would agree regarding Carolina. They’re pretty close to perfect. A few tweaks.

But if you wanted to tinker for a fresh look you could replace all silver items with white. Or switch to a blue helmet with a similar finish to the Jets.

4 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

I would agree regarding Carolina. They’re pretty close to perfect. A few tweaks.

But if you wanted to tinker for a fresh look you could replace all silver items with white. Or switch to a blue helmet with a similar finish to the Jets.

Ooh, shiny blue helmet. I like that idea.

Has JetBlue updated the A-320 that has the Jets logo to the new colors yet?

25 minutes ago, msubulldog said:

Doubt it, theyll probaby wait to take the plane into maintenance to make any changes.

7 hours ago, msubulldog said:

Has it upgraded to the new logo? Those will probably happen at the same time, I'd think.

It just kind of hit me that I 'll miss the Jets striped white socks. A little touch like that could have made the green and black pants look much better

3 hours ago, O.C.D said:

It just kind of hit me that I 'll miss the Jets striped white socks. A little touch like that could have made the green and black pants look much better

If they brought them back with a black outline they'd work better than the green socks across the board.

On 4/9/2019 at 1:08 PM, AgentColon2 said:

You can’t mention them without posting a pic of those wonderful uniforms and logo.

spacer.pngspacer.png

The home uniform looks like they were copying the Giants' look at the time.  The road uni is really nice.  Dated, but nice.

2 hours ago, LogoFan said:

The home uniform looks like they were copying the Giants' look at the time.  The road uni is really nice.  Dated, but nice.

Pants on the road uni remind me of the silver pants worn by the Falcons under Dan Reeves. Probably same as home pants but can't really see the stripe on home pic.

24 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Pants on the road uni remind me of the silver pants worn by the Falcons under Dan Reeves. Probably same as home pants but can't really see the stripe on home pic.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, AgentColon2 said:

spacer.png

Yup.

Good ol' Wild Card...didn't know they made World League cards but not surprised. I have a handful of NFL cards of theirs. Cheap with a very '90s design.