TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets unveil new uniforms

Recommended Posts

NY Jets easter egg in The Rescuers. A pennant on a wall at the orphanage towards the beginning of the film.

rrNxfFD.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are some shots of the helmets in different lighting from OTA's.

 

darnold.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h

 

h5xrdt4hat3pramheb7l.jpg

 

rs7akyw5dvpawktvknim.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

Here are some shots of the helmets in different lighting from OTA's.

 

darnold.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h

 

h5xrdt4hat3pramheb7l.jpg

 

rs7akyw5dvpawktvknim.jpg

Ya know? I think it looks great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

My OCD doesn’t love that the JETS appears higher on one side of Darnold’s helmet.

HAHA , it bugs me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not bad, but they have that Christmas-tree ornament look. I don’t mind glossy helmets personally, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the jersey and pants are old stock practice gear, because the green does not match the helmet at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hat Boy said:

I hope the jersey and pants are old stock practice gear, because the green does not match the helmet at all.

It is. They don't usually get new gear until training camp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The darnold photo has a great glossy brightness. We see the dullness in the second photo. Wait until the night or overcast games folks. Things will look super dull and black. Maybe they'll go black out for those games lol. 

I want to say the first photo is controlled and indoors with lower than usual stadium practice lighting. The others show a natural source of light and it's a bit of a mess. Inside and in the dark may be a mess. I guess we wait? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MattMill said:

The darnold photo has a great glossy brightness. We see the dullness in the second photo. Wait until the night or overcast games folks. Things will look super dull and black. Maybe they'll go black out for those games lol. 

I want to say the first photo is controlled and indoors with lower than usual stadium practice lighting. The others show a natural source of light and it's a bit of a mess. Inside and in the dark may be a mess. I guess we wait? 

They should’ve gone matte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NFL was quick to get the pocket pro helmets out this offseason, and figured to post the Jets new lids as it shows off the drastic difference lighting can make on it. Obviously won't be an exact match to the real thing but worth a look.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 8:52 AM, BellaSpurs said:

They should’ve gone matte

Their jerseys have looked like matte for years, their helmet shouldn't be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Can someone photoshop a powder blue facemask onto that Chargers pocket helmet for me?

 

(I kid, I kid)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

The NFL was quick to get the pocket pro helmets out this offseason, and figured to post the Jets new lids as it shows off the drastic difference lighting can make on it. Obviously won't be an exact match to the real thing but worth a look.

 

 

Has he done an Indoor/night game replication of the lighting effect ? June sun is nothing like a overcast IN THE SHADOWS game at meadowlands at 1pm.  I figure more than half their games will be either a night game or in the shadows. Most teams gets 1-3 sun bright games a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pulled a search for some of the OTA's and I like that green helmet.  Interesting to see what they look like with the actual game jerseys.

 

dac8d96b-0f98-499e-8845-1061f81d1cb9-042

 

ZBCTZS4OWZEHDFKAYYZBCIXH3M.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I see the great response that the Miami throwbacks are getting, I can't help but think the Jets will, once again, throwback to the Namath era look in 5 years. These new duds already look dated to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And all they needed to do was use a proper kelly green.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.