New York Jets unveil new uniforms

3 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

There's no way this jersey is gonna be a :censored: show. 

Yeah thats what everyone said about Tennessee going into this offseason, and look what we got. I think I’m gonna stay pessimistic with new NFL uniforms for a while, less of a chance I get disappointed :P

spacer.png

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

Don’t we already have a modern take on the classic jets uniforms?

Maybe the Jets will be doomed to go back and forth between the two general looks every 20 years or so. And every time the reception will be "Yay! A modern take on the classics!"

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

12 minutes ago, Digby said:

Maybe the Jets will be doomed to go back and forth between the two general looks every 20 years or so. And every time the reception will be "Yay! A modern take on the classics!"

I was actually thinking the same thing. In 2040 people will clamor a return to the Curtis Martin Forest Green uniforms.

1 hour ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

I don’t mind the front logo.  Keeps the jersey from looking too generic.  We can’t all be the Raiders.

I'm pretty sure that every new jersey design rolled out in the last 15 years (maybe more) has had the team name or logo somewhere on the jersey. Like you said, it keeps the jersey from looking generic, and it also helps significantly with copyright enforcement and limiting fakes.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

1 minute ago, whitedawg22 said:

I'm pretty sure that every new jersey design rolled out in the last 15 years (maybe more) has had the team name or logo somewhere on the jersey. Like you said, it keeps the jersey from looking generic, and it also helps significantly with copyright enforcement and limiting fakes.

I'm sure many of us think that this is true, but is it really?

It's where I sit.

12 hours ago, Olmec said:

Has there been any real discussion about the Eagles going back to Kelly? I'm assuming the Super Bowl win would've affected that discussion if so. Personally I prefer the Eagles in midnight and the Jets in kelly. Here's hoping the Jets don't squander this easy change. 

IF the Eagles were planning a change? It wouldn’t have been affected by the Super Bowl win. Uniform changes take a few years to plan, and so any uniform change that was in the works for Philly when they won the Super Bowl would be too far along to cancel. 

Remember, the Rams changed from their classic royal and athletic gold look to navy and Vegas gold in 2000, despite having just won the Super Bowl. 

Not that this matters much. The Jets are obviously changing but I haven’t heard that the Eagles are changing. At least not from a reliable source.

Just now, Sec19Row53 said:

I'm sure many of us think that this is true, but is it really?

I think it at least gives teams the theoretical ability to go after copyright infringement. If you are selling a green-and-white jersey with block numbers and sleeve stripes, the Jets can't prove that it's theirs, as opposed to any other green-and-white team or just a custom design from the Eastbay catalog. But if the team's jersey includes the logo or wordmark, then the legal case is easy.

As you mentioned, it's anyone's guess as to how much this is actually enforced.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

4 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Nike and the Jets... what could go wrong?

Thanks, now I have Elton John's worst song stuck in my head.

Honestly just make a road version of the CR uniform and you’re good to go. I loved the way they combined kelly and forest green. 

But the concept posted earlier with close to 30 (!) likes would be cool too I guess. 

spacer.png

All I'm hoping for is:

2 colors (kelly green/white)

Kelly green helmet. I really don't care if they go with the 90s type or another "vintage" logo since I don't find any of their logos appealing. A green helmet would do wonders with either. 

Kelly green jersey with single color white numbers. And a white jersey vice versa. 

Green pants and white pants with matching helmet stripes. 

Single color green socks for the white pants and white socks with green stripes to pair with the green pants. 

I'll be honest: I think the Jets current uniforms are pretty much perfect. 

Sure there are little details in how the sleeve caps work in real life and matching colors on the shoulder but that's all about execution. 

The look itself in my opinion is a true classic. It utilizes green and white in different blocks in an effective way and in particular makes great use of striped socks. Indeed, the ability to incorporate the white socks into the scheme is a reason why the Jets are one of the few teams in the league who can pull off monochrome and not look horrible. They can look like a team straight out of the 60's and still mix and match uniforms like any other 21st century club which is no small feat. 

Seriously, this is a good look:

879619908-carolina-panthers-v-new-york-j

1 minute ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I'll be honest: I think the Jets current uniforms are pretty much perfect. 

Sure there are little details in how the sleeve caps work in real life and matching colors on the shoulder but that's all about execution. 

The look itself in my opinion is a true classic. It utilizes green and white in different blocks in an effective way and in particular makes great use of striped socks. Indeed, the ability to incorporate the white socks into the scheme is a reason why the Jets are one of the few teams in the league who can pull off monochrome and not look horrible. They can look like a team straight out of the 60's and still mix and match uniforms like any other 21st century club which is no small feat. 

Seriously, this is a good look:

Agreed! The thick pants stripes and cap sleeves allow the uni to balance well when monochome'd.

While it has historic value, I think they can do a lot better on a primary mark. I would like to see black back in the mix, but I fear a Jags-esque clumsily minimalist set with ornate little jet stripes in places nobody can see.

3 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

Agreed! The thick pants stripes and cap sleeves allow the uni to balance well when monochome'd.

While it has historic value, I think they can do a lot better on a primary mark. I would like to see black back in the mix, but I fear a Jags-esque clumsily minimalist set with ornate little jet stripes in places nobody can see.

This has always seemed like a logical modernization.

944.png

Just now, Carolingian Steamroller said:

This has always seemed like a logical modernization.

944.png

I'd love for this to be their helmet decal -- in kelly green. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, whitedawg22 said:

I think it at least gives teams the theoretical ability to go after copyright infringement. If you are selling a green-and-white jersey with block numbers and sleeve stripes, the Jets can't prove that it's theirs, as opposed to any other green-and-white team or just a custom design from the Eastbay catalog. But if the team's jersey includes the logo or wordmark, then the legal case is easy.

As you mentioned, it's anyone's guess as to how much this is actually enforced.

I guess I disagree. If it is the Jets color and the Jets striping pattern, it's the Jets' jersey.  If a counterfeiter is going to make a jersey, they'll add a counterfeit patch or wordmark.

Case in point - are you telling me that you don't see counterfeit Steelers' jerseys? They added the logo - shouldn't that have prevented the occurrence?

It's where I sit.

Archived