TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets unveil new uniforms

14 hours ago, O.C.D said:

They don't look bad. Just kind of boring. Really has Jacksonville (rebrand before last) vibes. Very plain

I disagree. The Jaguars uniforms have no striping at all and are boring, the striping on these uniforms makes them interesting. 

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

Not bad looking on the field, but still such a downgrade from the pre-Nike uniforms (given that Nike utterly botched the green fabric on the homes).

And why do so few players know how to wear their socks? There's three vastly different sock styles just in this photo - a thin strip of green followed by way too much white, almost the entire calf covered in green followed by a bunched up white sock above the shoe, and the correct half green-half white look. The NFL is getting almost as bad as baseball with this. And don't get me started on the biker pants going on in the back there.

I stand by my initial comments on the new brand. The new logo is bad and uninspired, but the uniforms are solid. Definitely some of the better Nike ones. The green is consistent, and helmet is nice, and black is used very well. The stripes are unique and fit the brand without being over-the-top. It's tastefully modern.

10 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

I stand by my initial comments on the new brand. The new logo is bad and uninspired, but the uniforms are solid. Definitely some of the better Nike ones. The green is consistent, and helmet is nice, and black is used very well. The stripes are unique and fit the brand without being over-the-top. It's tastefully modern.

Yeah,  as a non-Jets fan,  I still like the Jets helmet from the 80's.  That logo,  with this current new shell,  would be a very decent 8.5/10 for me.  That's the only thing missing. 

I flipped over to the game tonight just to see the uniforms on the field, and was pleasantly surprised.  They look great!  I'd really like to have seen the jet logo they used on the previous green helmets, though. I understand why they did what they did, but the other one would have been so much better, especially with those points on the jersey and pants.

After seeing it on a field on TV, here are some of my current thoughts on the Jets Uniforms.

1. They are surprisingly pretty solid!

2. Black is still unneeded, but doesn’t bother me as much as at the reveal.

3. The NEW YORK wordmark still looks very High School-Like

4. The shade of Green on the Helmet makes it look black-ish (and not the ABC TV Show)

5. The Sleeve “Stripe” is halfway decent. Looks better than the Browns or Chargers out-of-sleeve designs. I like it. Would look a lot better if it was more like the Texans or Patriots stripe there it was sort-of on the Shoulder so they could keep the TV Numbers on the sleeve, which is something I really like in Football.

6. Love their Block Font mostly. The #1 sucks and the #4 is meh though. Rest is beautiful

7. Add a stripe on the socks

8. Only wear G/G/W/G, G/W/W/G, or G/W/G/W

They look very clean. And professional.

That alone makes these better than what the Jets had been wearing this decade. 

I could live with these if they used the 80's Jets logo on the helmet or removed the football from the wordmark on the helmet, ditched the New York from the jersey front and made the front numbers a little bigger.  

i agree that they really surprised me with how good they looked on the field. i'm a fan of these anyway, but i was struck by how well they came off on TV.

they're a couple of tweaks away from being an amazing set. i agree the 'NEW YORK' wordmark isn't necessary, but i barely noticed it last night. and i would have preferred the '80s logo on the helmet, but the finish on the helmets makes up for it, IMO.

i'm a fan. i really hope  they consider staying away from mono green and mono black, and break both of those looks up with their white or black pants. i'm sure we'll get at least one all-green game though.

I agree with most of the sentiment on here. They really are remarkably reminiscent of the '80s era, which I love, but it's unfathomable why they wouldn't have just readopted or updated that era's logo. The addition of that football on the helmet logo is so unnecessary. For a uniform upgrade this good, they did themselves a real disservice with the helmet logo. 

Only thing really holding this set back for me is the lack of an actual jet for the logo.

Overall, they look pretty sharp. The green is so much better than on their last set. But I agree with those saying that one of the only things really missing is the 80's helmet logo. They really should have done that.

I agree not bad, a little tired of the pant stripe point... I give them credit for doing something new, swallow your pride Mr. Blank!!

Jets looked great. Huge upgrade from last set

18 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

Yeah,  as a non-Jets fan,  I still like the Jets helmet from the 80's.  That logo,  with this current new shell,  would be a very decent 8.5/10 for me.  That's the only thing missing. 

The pointed shoulder and pant stripes seem like they were made to match the "landing jet" wordmark.  Seems like a missed opportunity

Jets looked fantastic on the field last night. Way better than the promo pictures. I dare say they’ve now got my favorite uniforms in the AFC East.

Those helmets are a billion times better than the old ones especially.

2 hours ago, Hat Boy said:

The pointed shoulder and pant stripes seem like they were made to match the "landing jet" wordmark.

I’ve never heard it described that way.

I really liked these at the reveal, and they look even better on the field. This is a top 3 Nike redesign, IMO.

All in all,  I knew from the beginning that these would look much better in action.  Jets fans should be at least satisfied with the change.  I mean... We all can't have our way right?