New York Jets unveil new uniforms

On 12/22/2018 at 12:57 PM, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

It doesn't look so bad, but this should never be a primary. And it is cleaned up a bit. I wouldn't mind if they brought this back in some capacity

2606-New-York-Jets-NFL-2Tone-Script-Mitc

The Jets across the front was a brand standard font for caps. The one one the left of the cap was a great script though.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgJSwOrgYPWr6bc1n1He6s-l300.jpgs-l300.jpgIMG_7749_large.jpg?v=1499531570s-l300.jpg

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, tubby34 said:

The Jets across the front was a brand standard font for caps. The one one the left of the cap was a great script though.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgJSwOrgYPWr6bc1n1He6s-l300.jpgs-l300.jpgIMG_7749_large.jpg?v=1499531570s-l300.jpg

I will always associate these with the draft hats of the era, especially in the NBA.

cwebb.jpg_e8cae46678bd7495bbed26d7bbcc05

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Okay I’ve been thinking about it, and I think the only way a black set is gonna work in my opinion is if 1) the green is closer to kelly than forest, and 2) the helmet is green, the jersey numbers are green outlined in white, and the pants are white.

In terms of helmet-jersey pairing, think mid-2000’s Saskatchewan Roughriders (NOT including the black pants - make them white instead)

REGX10522.jpg

If it’s that, then I think they could actually pull it off (so long as that was an occasional alt). If anything’s different though - such as a white helmet, and/or white numbers, and/or black pants, then it really runs the risk of not working. I’m worried as hell theyre gonna screw this up, but I’m trying to be positive in thinking they maybe could get it right.

One thing I will say though, if the colors are green, white, and black, it’s always possible there’s some 90’s inspiration there and that could turn out to be a good thing after all. The black trimmed set of the 90’s was actually pretty nice.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

All those caps actually use a slightly different script than the Jets one. Look at the S and how it connects, loops back, and terminates. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm a bit scared about the black alt, but I wasn't going to mind the inclusion of black anyway if it meant going to the 90s look with it mainly being used for outlines. At least if they stick to that, they get the vast majority of the games looking fine and you just have the black set for the color rush or w/e. If it's done right like that Roughriders alt it would be passable. I'm not necessarily expecting that to be the case in execution though

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

17 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Unless you have a source, anything’s on the table.  Guess we’ll have to wait till april

I am the source. Remember where you heard it first. Also the “SPORT GREEN” is the new primary colour. 

Jaguars

6 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Where do these rumors of black come from? Is it because they now use black as a practice jersey? Any other data suggest black?

This does concern me I don't want any black on our new uni's unless it's a 1990's type outline. That I could stomach. But not huge globs of black on the uniform

I can fully 110% confirm that there is a black uniform for the 2019 season. 

Jaguars

20 minutes ago, Teal said:

I am the source. Remember where you heard it first. Also the “SPORT GREEN” is the new primary colour. 

Thanks, Teal. I hope Sport Green works out for them. Nike has too many issues with green and I'm hoping they can get the green to match throughout their uniform. And if not, then I am looking forward to the black uniform. The Jets current look is one of my least favorites in the league, and I welcome changes.

13 minutes ago, msu said:

Thanks, Teal. I hope Sport Green works out for them. Nike has too many issues with green and I'm hoping they can get the green to match throughout their uniform. And if not, then I am looking forward to the black uniform. The Jets current look is one of my least favorites in the league, and I welcome changes.

You are welcome. 

Jaguars

1 hour ago, Teal said:

OK so you designed the identity for the Jets.....???  You aren't the source if you found out from somewhere else.....

Sorry I dont mean to be a pain, but we need a little more than your word...

31 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

OK so you designed the identity for the Jets.....???  You aren't the source if you found out from somewhere else.....

Sorry I dont mean to be a pain, but we need a little more than your word...

When did I once mention I designed the identity of the Jets? 

Anyways... look back at my NBA history. I’m not here to boost my ego, I’m a fan like you all. I’m just hear to pass on what I know. Take it or leave it. 

Jaguars

1 hour ago, Teal said:

Calm down teal. People are allowed to doubt, you are fairly reliable when it comes to leaks but having a holier than you attitude about it doesn’t help make people believe you. Thank you for your leaks hopefully they aren’t as bad as we are all expecting

Archived