New York Jets unveil new uniforms

2 hours ago, Teal said:

I am the source. Remember where you heard it first. Also the “SPORT GREEN” is the new primary colour. 

If the green is the same as @unimaniac then I'm a happy camper. 

2 hours ago, Teal said:

I can fully 110% confirm that there is a black uniform for the 2019 season. 

this however makes me sad...

are we in for an upgrade of the last set or is it hot Nike garbage?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

If the green is the same as @unimaniac then I'm a happy camper. 

this however makes me sad...

are we in for an upgrade of the last set or is it hot Nike garbage?

I haven’t been given clearance to talk in detail about the new sets unfortunately. I should be given the all clear in February. (Hopefully)

Jaguars

Something I saw in those mockups: "Jet black".

Yeah I know, colloquially speaking, it's a "color" all right--but knowing Nike's MO, someone on their team already thought of that, and that is/probably was all the reason they need to make up a black alternate uniform for NYJ. Which means it's totally happening. 

All that to the side...those mockups, while about as barebones basic as one can get, are also quite sharp, simply due to the particular hue of green being used. Sometimes, if not more often than not, simpler designs allow the colors themselves to carry the uniform, and being that Kelly green may as well be a rare color in pro sports these days, it's best not to try to "do too much" with it. 

But this is Nike and while they've shown themselves capable of restraint in certain instances, "doin' too much" is much more their norm (especially if the team brass allows them too--let's not exonerate them if this thing goes left).

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

15 minutes ago, bowld said:

Teal is a legit source guys. He has posted numerous correct leaks in the past. No need to doubt him

Thats my bad, i must be confusing him with the other poster that was very defensive and wouldnt show his proof.

Nobody that’s been right before should be asked to give up their source. We want them to keep their source, and giving it up would jeopardize that. How many former “insiders” here have either lost jobs, or lost their connections from having loose lips?

Not recently, but more than once I’ve received design files from actual designers that became top-level  on-field/court/ice uniforms to review and provide feedback on. If I were to ever say anything specific about that it could jeopardize the people sharing with me so I would never betray that trust. 

Granted, the board as a whole never benefited from that, but in the case where the source was a total outsider or the owners administrative assistant or something like that, I still wouldn’t give that up. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, Teal said:

I can fully 110% confirm that there is a black uniform for the 2019 season. 

I can fully 110% confirm that this will be a disaster next season and we have to sit and watch the Jets wear ugly jerseys for 5 years. 

XM4KeeA.png

6 minutes ago, insert name said:

I can fully 110% confirm that this will be a disaster next season and we have to sit and watch the Jets wear ugly jerseys for 5 years. 

Your attempt of humour failed. Try again another time. 

Jaguars

1 hour ago, Teal said:

Your attempt of humour failed. Try again another time. 

It wasn’t meant to be a rib on you. My apologies if it came across that way. It was a comment on Nike and their recent track record on NFL jerseys. 

XM4KeeA.png

4 hours ago, Teal said:

I haven’t been given clearance to talk in detail about the new sets unfortunately. I should be given the all clear in February. (Hopefully)

February seems early, just based on past unveilings. But perhaps the Jets wil unveil right as the NFL year turns over. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Well, anyone who claims to have information and goes on the most popular uniform and jersey board, doesn't share it, is badly looking for attention. If you know, keep it to yourself. This board has done just fine without real or fake leaks.🎄

1 minute ago, joekono said:

Well, anyone who claims to have information and goes on the most popular uniform and jersey board, doesn't share it, is badly looking for attention. If you know, keep it to yourself. This board has done just fine without real or fake leaks.🎄

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Nobody that’s been right before should be asked to give up their source. We want them to keep their source, and giving it up would jeopardize that. How many former “insiders” here have either lost jobs, or lost their connections from having loose lips?

This is why.

Teal was right about recent NBA (I think? Correct me if that's wrong) jerseys.

IbjBaeE.png

29 minutes ago, joekono said:

But... but he is sharing it.  He's annoying AF sometimes, but this isn't like the time he was like "I know something, but I'm not saying anything" or something like that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, insert name said:

It's the Jets they're 110% disaster from the ownership suite to the front office to the coaching staff to the on-field product.  Given their track record if I think it's 110% disaster from the jump the disappointment won't be as bad later.

All I can think about with a Jets black jersey on the horizon ...

New_York_Islanders_91_Mens_John_Tavares_ff_2533802_full.jpg&w=340ff_3315656alt1_full.jpg&w=600

It's like each second fiddle NY sports team needs to go through this phase at some point in their history.

Now the question is ... is Red Bull New York or NYCFC the second fiddle and who's going to wear the black kit?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived