New York Jets unveil new uniforms

On 12/28/2018 at 5:44 PM, CowboyKevin said:

I think this is the Reddit post in question. 

Yeah... Im putting zero stock in this, thats not even in the official Jets sub-reddit. This sounds like a thing of nightmares, if you're going with a colored helmet, you have to go green. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/28/2018 at 5:44 PM, CowboyKevin said:

I think this is the Reddit post in question. 

Literally every single claim in this post was discussed previously in this exact thread. So, there are two possibilities.

1) The reddit poster is Teal.

2) Some jackass on this site reads what we discuss posts it to reddit near verbatim. I've suspected that this was the case pretty much every time :censored: like this gets posted. 

Safest bet? Ignore it either way.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

24 minutes ago, Lafarge said:

Literally every single claim in this post was discussed previously in this exact thread. So, there are two possibilities.

2) Some jackass on this site reads what we discuss posts it to reddit near verbatim. I've suspected that this was the case pretty much every time :censored: like this gets posted. 

Are you serious? How dare you. 

Jaguars

50 minutes ago, Lafarge said:

25 minutes ago, Teal said:

Are you serious? How dare you. 

[ ... SIGH ... ]

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, Teal said:

Happy new year everyone. Wishing you all the best for 2019. 

Thank you for this relevant message related to "New York Jets are confirmed to be getting new uniforms in 2019"

When was the last time an NFL team came out with a straight up new logo? I feel like it never happens. The Browns balked. The Seahawks, Panthers, Lions, and Vikings just updated/tweaked theirs. The Jags and Bucs did barely more than a tweak.

I think the Dolphins counts? But even still, it's an evolution of an existing logo. 

All of this is to say I'd be kind of surprised if the Jets unveiled a real new logo. 

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Anyone got any links to any of these vaunted “leaks” that prove Teal’s clout? Like, highly specific info revealed before anyone else that can’t reasonably be guessed based on preexistent clues? I’ll believe it when I see it.

I really can’t stand vague, text-only “leak” statements like this. They serve us absolutely nothing if we don’t have any way of knowing if they’re real or not until, ya know, the uniforms are actually unveiled. These boards have been had way too many times by text-only leakers and it’s getting more tiresome with every speculation season. 

1 hour ago, DeFrank said:

Thank you for this relevant message related to "New York Jets are confirmed to be getting new uniforms in 2019"

When was the last time an NFL team came out with a straight up new logo? I feel like it never happens. The Browns balked. The Seahawks, Panthers, Lions, and Vikings just updated/tweaked theirs. The Jags and Bucs did barely more than a tweak.

I think the Dolphins counts? But even still, it's an evolution of an existing logo. 

All of this is to say I'd be kind of surprised if the Jets unveiled a real new logo. 

Geez I think it’s the Bucs skull/flag logo.

I don’t count teams returning to old logos.

Before that I think the Ravens.

3 hours ago, Gupti said:

Anyone got any links to any of these vaunted “leaks” that prove Teal’s clout? Like, highly specific info revealed before anyone else that can’t reasonably be guessed based on preexistent clues? I’ll believe it when I see it.

I really can’t stand vague, text-only “leak” statements like this. They serve us absolutely nothing if we don’t have any way of knowing if they’re real or not until, ya know, the uniforms are actually unveiled. These boards have been had way too many times by text-only leakers and it’s getting more tiresome with every speculation season. 

He said the Milwaukee Bucks 2018-19 City uniform was yellow. Nobody believed such a thing could even happen and guess what? The Bucks actually released a yellow uniform and it looked pretty decent too. That alone gives him some credibility.

bSLCtu2.png

2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

MOD EDIT: Don't pile on. It's not adding anything productive to the discussion.

So you're trying to discredit me?! Hurtful..

And I expect the same treatment to any and all posts that don't add anything productive.. (although a couple "likes" proved that it added some levity and humor to the discussion.. which are typically viewed as productive..)

5 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Just a quick glance, these are teams with logo changes in the past 25 years. I didn’t count tweaks or updates.

1993 Patriots

1996 Eagles

1996 Ravens

1997 Broncos

1997 Bucs

1999 Ravens

1999 Titans

2000 Rams

2013 Dolphins

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I, on the other hand, love all the leaks, lies, speculation, guesses, name calling, indignation, hand wringing, and nonsense.  It's what this board runs on.

Pretty much.

Look. Every year we get a few people who claim to have ALL OF THE SCOOPS. Usually either from Reddit or people who get their info from Reddit. And they're always full of crap.

Chrome Cowboys helmets.

Orange, grey, and white Broncos.

Jags in a teal version of UCLA's uniforms.

All of those "Colour Rush" leaks that never happened.

I just ignore all of the noise, really.

The only person who I believe at this point is @Teal because he proved to be reliable in the NBA thread. And given that the NBA and NFL are both supplied by Nike? I'm inclined to believe he's got some legitimate insider knowledge.

You know wh

22 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Pretty much.

Look. Every year we get a few people who claim to have ALL OF THE SCOOPS. Usually either from Reddit or people who get their info from Reddit. And they're always full of crap.

Chrome Cowboys helmets.

Orange, grey, and white Broncos.

Jags in a teal version of UCLA's uniforms.

All of those "Colour Rush" leaks that never happened.

I just ignore all of the noise, really.

The only person who I believe at this point is @Teal because he proved to be reliable in the NBA thread. And given that the NBA and NFL are both supplied by Nike? I'm inclined to believe he's got some legitimate insider knowledge.

You know what this thread needs?  That SoundOfThrowingPennies guy.

Archived