New York Jets unveil new uniforms

that concept is a beaut. lemme tell ya how great that look would be. Modern design, yet still classy. THATS how it's done. Unique enough to differentiate from the rest of the league, yet doesn't look bad in any way. (minus chrome i hope they dont go chrome, anodized look is ok on the helmet though). I do hope they have a custom uniform font, and because it's nike, they probably do.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, as someone who will see them play my team twice a year, I am most curious about the helmet color. Will it be White, Green, Black, or something else (like gun metal gray)?

The rest will be important for sure, but the helmet is the most visable item.

32 minutes ago, bobt said:

To me, as someone who will see them play my team twice a year, I am most curious about the helmet color. Will it be White, Green, Black, or something else (like gun metal gray)?

I dunno about that. The Browns have a great helmet (I like the brown mask) but the rest of the new set is a universally loathed dumpster fire.

But you got me thinking about how common it is for teams to have a great helmet but garbage uniforms (and vice versa).

3 hours ago, bobt said:

I saw a tweet from what I would consider a reliable source that said the new helmet is green. Perhaps @Tealcan confirm

19 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

I know it's not anything but the Jet logo with the NY and football at the bottom of this poster looks awesome! Would make a nice secondary market I think. 

Sorry to burst the bubble, but that jet logo is a concept by MVBdesign.

Here's the link: https://mvbrandofinodesign.wordpress.com/2014/12/04/new-logo-idea-for-the-new-york-jets/

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

57 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

Sorry to burst the bubble, but that jet logo is a concept by MVBdesign.

Here's the link: https://mvbrandofinodesign.wordpress.com/2014/12/04/new-logo-idea-for-the-new-york-jets/

It’s also pulled directly from the Winnipeg Jets’ logo with no credit given, for what that’s worth.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

jets just posted an 18-second video of the equipment staff packing up the helmets. for reference, it's below, though it doesn't show anything newsworthy. it does pique my interest in something though: if they were going to a different color shell, would they be "off to get a make over" (presumably a paint job), or would they re-manufacturer them? basically just wondering if this could be a clue at all to helmet color. forgive my ignorance, i really just don't know the process for football helmets. 

also a good time to try and ping @teal to see if he will shed some light on what color the helmet is ;)

sig2024.png

49 minutes ago, Brian E said:

jets just posted an 18-second video of the equipment staff packing up the helmets. for reference, it's below, though it doesn't show anything newsworthy. it does pique my interest in something though: if they were going to a different color shell, would they be "off to get a make over" (presumably a paint job), or would they re-manufacturer them? basically just wondering if this could be a clue at all to helmet color. forgive my ignorance, i really just don't know the process for football helmets. 

also a good time to try and ping @teal to see if he will shed some light on what color the helmet is ;)

I would assume new ones made? I think they go through a helmet or two a season. They might have implied a makeover of what they had for the message that the white shell is gone?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, Brian E said:

Helmets do, in fact, get repainted.. even if changing color for most teams.. although, at the NFL level, they would most likely purchase new helmets that are molded the correct color.. it's possible (and even likely)  that they would still send the old batch off though.. perhaps as part of a trade-in program, etc.. 

Point being, whether the shell is changing color or not, they have no reason to hang onto a full stock of white shells

2 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Helmets do, in fact, get repainted.. even if changing color for most teams.. although, at the NFL level, they would most likely purchase new helmets that are molded the correct color.. it's possible (and even likely)  that they would still send the old batch off though.. perhaps as part of a trade-in program, etc.. 

Point being, whether the shell is changing color or not, they have no reason to hang onto a full stock of white shells

I would think nfl and fbs would send in for reconditioning then sold or donated (tax write off!) to high schools as refurbished but I could be wrong.

Archived