New York Jets unveil new uniforms

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

True - even the most solid-color sock teams wear additional white socks. 

FGC2HRYWYJHA5NS4NKZONALHDU.JPG

By rule I think half needs to be white, though obv by the pic the players seem to try to bend it as much as possible. 

Point is that any “official” graphic would show the uni complying to the rule. I think with the Det used for the original, those throwbacks are specifically designed to be solid sock. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank god they're fake because these would be super ugly as hell. There would be zero redeeming qualities about them. The numbers suck. The monochrome look sucks. The helmet sucks. The logo sucks. The color combo sucks. Everything about those last 2 reddit images suck. 

XM4KeeA.png

Man, I hope that leak is fake. The logo beginning at the front of the green helmet looks Eagles-ish. The satin finish on the green helmet looks dull. The logo doesn't look like a jet unless you use your imagination while KNOWING what to look for. There's no reference to any previous Jets look except the numbers (the only good part) referencing their 1970s script. It looks disconnected from the rest of their history. The pant stripes have the same thing as the helmet stripes, neither one looking like a jet. The green is too dark to properly contrast with the black trim. Ugh.

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Man, I hope that leak is fake. The logo beginning at the front of the green helmet looks Eagles-ish. The satin finish on the green helmet looks dull. The logo doesn't look like a jet unless you use your imagination while KNOWING what to look for. There's no reference to any previous Jets look except the numbers (the only good part) referencing their 1970s script. It looks disconnected from the rest of their history. The pant stripes have the same thing as the helmet stripes, neither one looking like a jet. The green is too dark to properly contrast with the black trim. Ugh.

I don’t think a team has to follow its history, New looks that contrast history are a common thing. Something I hope the jets do, they’re whole brand needs the refresh.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

I don’t think a team has to follow its history, New looks that contrast history are a common thing. Something I hope the jets do, they’re whole brand needs the refresh.

It still needs to look like a jets uniform though. That fake looks like an eagles knock off.

31 minutes ago, Gupti said:

Hmm, the execution reminds me a lot of something that Jesse Alkire would do.

In any case, there’s no way that they could get away with such an Eagles knockoff as this. Did anyone really think that Philly would just let this helmet fly?

FB6219-C0-2692-440-D-9-F2-A-D3217-C1848-

I was going to post the same thing. nfl properties has final say and I have to think they would veto that helmet design at the behest of the eagles or on their own.

2 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

They've used essentially the same logo font for their whole history - the script was just a stylized version of the rest. They've always focused on words in their identity - not that they can't have a jet logo, I hope they do, but it shouldn't be so abstract. I'm not saying they have to copy a previous look, but there should be some sense of continuity. 

That said, the fact that it's Photoshopped onto an old photo of Ezekiel Ansah makes me think there's no way it's legit.

2 hours ago, Gupti said:

In any case, there’s no way that they could get away with such an Eagles knockoff as this. Did anyone really think that Philly would just let this helmet fly?

Pun attended?

2 hours ago, Gupti said:

FB6219-C0-2692-440-D-9-F2-A-D3217-C1848-

Did anybody pick up on the collar shield having 100 in it? Does anyone know if that will be debuting on the unis? I hope that is also fake.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

Archived