New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've long had a running suspicion that some of the stuff we've seen out of Oregon lately may well have been test runs for went we'll see out of the Jets--particularly the oversized numbers and inline number font. If that mockup above is anything close to the actual thing, it wouldn't surprise me one bit--and confirm said suspicions.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, Buc said:

I've long had a running suspicion that some of the stuff we've seen out of Oregon lately may well have been test runs for went we'll see out of the Jets--particularly the oversized numbers and inline number font. If that mockup above is anything close to the actual thing, it wouldn't surprise me one bit--and confirm said suspicions.

Arizona did this for two years but since the number font was skinnier no one's noticed it. I think we'd see something closer to that if they roll with this idea. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

26 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

@oldschoolvikings

1. looks like its one of Jesse's creations

2. its not a Nike presentation template. i'd be bewildered to find out they used a shot from the Lions shoot to present to the Jets

Yeah, I saw where the photoshop image came from, but aren't at least some of Nike's images reworked off old photos?  I seem to remember more than a few uniform publicity images for college teams where the pose and accessories were repeated. Also, I remember specifically when the Vikings current uniform images were debuted, I read about how they had photographed Adrian Peterson in a blank uniform, and later 'shopped the details over it, so that happens. 

I'm not saying I believe this is it by any means, I'm just thinking we can't say anything with absolute certainty.  Obviously there are a bunch of red flags and reasons to dismiss this "leak" but if it was put together by just "some guy", that guy is pretty damn good, and has even more random time to waste than me, which is saying something.

Also, what's got me curious is Teal, who has supposedly seen them, and is not the least bit shy about jumping in to shoot down anything as fake has been strangely quiet since this showed up.

-EDIT-  Whoops, should've read Jesse's tweets first, I guess.  That guy's pretty good.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, I saw where the photoshop image came from, but aren't at least some of Nike's images reworked off old photos?  I seem to remember more than a few uniform publicity images for college teams where the pose and accessories were repeated. Also, I remember specifically when the Vikings current uniform images were debuted, I read about how they had photographed Adrian Peterson in a blank uniform, and later 'shopped the details over it, so that happens. 

they do have templates they've built to show quick mock-ups, but from what ive seen and can remember, they're not built from anything/photo publicly released. at least not on the NFL side. ive seen schools photoshop some other photos themselves or use other templates anyone can find out there for their own purposes, but maybe Nike has for College unis?? all i can say for sure is i have never seen a legit NFL Nike uniform concept on anything you'd recognize (or that i recognize) from another shoot. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

8 minutes ago, Ben5 said:

Are we 100% sure of that, though?

Pretty much: http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/10/19/nfl-unveils-logo-for-100th-anniversary-season/

The logo will be worn on the front of every team’s uniform “near the neck area” during the 2019 season as well as being added to game balls.

I can't see the logo that was unveiled being condensed down to fit at the point of the collar. It wouldn't be legible enough, or really big enough for the league's liking. It's more likely to be near one of the shoulders, like the 75th patch was.

19 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Pretty much: http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/10/19/nfl-unveils-logo-for-100th-anniversary-season/

I can't see the logo that was unveiled being condensed down to fit at the point of the collar. It wouldn't be legible enough, or really big enough for the league's liking. It's more likely to be near one of the shoulders, like the 75th patch was.

The NFL 100 Style Guide shows the NFL100 logo on the color. Its altered slightly so it fits in the triangle shape, the shield is under the 100, but its the same logo. Sloppy mockup, but basically this:
100_zps50v2w9jm.jpg

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived