New York Jets unveil new uniforms

7 hours ago, daveindc said:

Well if this is their idea of fire, bring it on:

Yeah, honestly with a lot of people, if you just present something on a nicer template i feel like they're more inclined to like it vs putting it on a 2d template like you'd see on wikipedia. 

But the Jamal adams set would be dope. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Chico said:

Found it. It was Eastern Michigan in 2017. Sooo much nicer than the current Nike Jets distaster. 

aVQwThV.jpg VEodlRW.jpgXiOfD6k.jpg

They literally copied the exact Jets uniform, but with wonky striping or the jersey and nothing on the pants

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

11 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

Yeah, honestly with a lot of people, if you just present something on a nicer template i feel like they're more inclined to like it vs putting it on a 2d template like you'd see on wikipedia. 

100% true. its the mock ups that often "sell" clients on proposed designs. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'm gonna miss the white helmet Jets if that's indeed the direction they're heading.  They could definitely stand to get away from the Green Colts look, but I don't know how easily I will adapt to a green helmet.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

11 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

But the Jamal adams set would be dope. 

There is nothing #FireEmoji about this set. It's completely boring, and lacks imagination or anything unique. People would get bored with this sooooo quick.

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

There is nothing #FireEmoji about this set. It's completely boring, and lacks imagination or anything unique. People would get bored with this sooooo quick.

1. It comes down to a matter of opinion.

2. Personally the seemingly vibrant green and consistent striping throughout this set is visually appealing. And the G/W/G/W color blocking is really well balanced. Also a fairly unique look and a helmet that would definitely stand out in that division. 

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

Disagree.

Bringing back a vibrant Kelly Green would make them stand out very much. Not everything needs the added "nike fire!". That's what creates things like a two-toned helmet, the Buccaneers & Titans number fonts, the Browns contrast stitching, and the Browns pants.

Personally I find the 80s set boring and the wordmark logo dumb. i like the new old look they've had for a while now.
IIRC, in (I think) 1994 they played and exhibition game against the Bears in which they wore a color-inverted version of the NYJ helmet which fascinated me. Am I completely crazy or was that a thing?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

16 minutes ago, tommytimp said:

Personally I find the 80s set boring and the wordmark logo dumb. i like the new old look they've had for a while now.
IIRC, in (I think) 1994 they played and exhibition game against the Bears in which they wore a color-inverted version of the NYJ helmet which fascinated me. Am I completely crazy or was that a thing?

Every team had a throwback look in 1994.  Although multiple helmets were allowed back then, the Jets opted to use the vintage logo on their green shells, creating this historically inaccurate look.

Aaron-Glenn-1994-Upper-Deck-SP-9-Rookie-

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

While I was very happy when the Giants and Jets brought back their classic uniforms within a few years of each other in the late 1990s, I think that the Jets' uniform has run its course.

I strongly dislike the Giants' 1980s/1990s helmet because it has a wordmark that is both too long and characterless.  By contrast, the Jets' 1980s/1990s wordmark makes for a good helmet logo because it is short enough, and also because it nicely incorporates a design element of a jet.

I'd like to see a full return of this set:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7_qZ7NRLBbXnFly0XDwBsO_AytKQufj0WtS1Vk9nQBbbdS6Et6w    Image result for jets 1982

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

16 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Except for the completely confusing non-striped pants.  Why get that close and blow it with the pants?

That was a throwback to what they wore in he early 2000's. I don't think that uniform had striped pants either. 

Image result for eastern michigan football 2000

So I was incorrect, at least when Wilson made the uniforms the pants had stripes. You can also see the bird logo was used instead of the football for at least one year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

28 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

While I was very happy when the Giants and Jets brought back their classic uniforms within a few years of each other in the late 1990s, I think that the Jets' uniform has run its course.

I strongly dislike the Giants' 1980s/1990s helmet because it has a wordmark that is both too long and characterless.  By contrast, the Jets' 1980s/1990s wordmark makes for a good helmet logo because it is short enough, and also because it nicely incorporates a design element of a jet.

I'd like to see a full return of this set:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7_qZ7NRLBbXnFly0XDwBsO_AytKQufj0WtS1Vk9nQBbbdS6Et6w    Image result for jets 1982

Probably an unpopular opinion but I've always thought that logo is boring and looks like a slapped-together high school logo. It's better than their current logo in that it's not ugly, (just boring) but I think the Jets have a lot of room to develop a truly standout logo.

On 7/30/2018 at 9:06 AM, KittSmith_95 said:

There's no way this jersey is gonna be a :censored: show.  

14 hours ago, Beer Barrel Man said:

I just hope Nike doesn't f it up with their "Nikeness". 

Have you two seen the Lakers thread?

8 hours ago, Gr3g3 said:

Disagree.

Bringing back a vibrant Kelly Green would make them stand out very much. Not everything needs the added "nike fire!". That's what creates things like a two-toned helmet, the Buccaneers & Titans number fonts, the Browns contrast stitching, and the Browns pants.

The brown pants were added to the Browns set in 2006. They first appeared on field in 2008. That would be Reebok, not Nike.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

22 hours ago, Vitalogy26 said:

There have been a lot of concepts floating around the boards with the old Jets script in kelly green. 

Wait, Oldschoolvikings, was that you that incorporated the 80s/90s “jet stripe” into your concept? 

If they can do that, they can have a great look without it looking like a first graders work, like joekono said

I think that was me

Archived