New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Chico said:

Take a look at the book on the desk. Could be the new color and logo?

ktzVSsl.png

That looks like the current logo...with the same italicized font they've been using for years.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I had a dream last night that I was at a sports store in a mall and they had just gotten a shipment of the new Jets helmets and t-shirts. Along with, bizarrely, some stuff with other similar and even related logos used by colleges and high schools. Maybe even some fan concepts. Anyway, the new script was like the Winnipeg Jets script but not in cursive, and the helmet was white, with no stripes and that script over a football on the sides. I was underwhelmed, much as I expect to be when I see the real thing.

28 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

It looks like it *might* say "new york" in small letters above "jets", but it's really hard to confirm anything from that angle. 

thats probably the top of the NY behind the JETS word mark. 

I live in Atlanta, and went to high school with Buster Skrine's sister. I ran into him on Monday at a CVS, and talked to him for a second. I asked if he saw the new uniforms, and he said" yeah, they're pretty dope, but a little flashy for my taste." So, interpret that how you like. Not claiming inside info, just a genuine tidbit I thought might help here.

On 2/5/2019 at 4:47 PM, Chico said:

Take a look at the book on the desk. Could be the new color and logo?

ktzVSsl.png

It looks to me like the 1998-2018 logo in the Color Rush shade of green. 

2 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

I live in Atlanta, and went to high school with Buster Skrine's sister. I ran into him on Monday at a CVS, and talked to him for a second. I asked if he saw the new uniforms, and he said" yeah, they're pretty dope, but a little flashy for my taste." So, interpret that how you like. Not claiming inside info, just a genuine tidbit I thought might help here.

Do you know his opinion of the uniforms he's been wearing? That might give some context to what exactly his taste is.

So thinking about all the new (rumored) information over the past couple of days, is this what we're headed for:

A brighter green, but not quite the Kelly green of the 80's.

The current JETS wordmark with the 80's streaking jetstream above it, placed in an oval with black outlines?
The Jets wordmark on the chest?
EL0i34L.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised by the jetstream logo running down the middle of the helmet, creating a white arrow/'V' towards the front of the helmet and a line down towards the back.

For the uniforms, I'm imagining a lot of black outlines or piping, with white shoulder caps/sleeves, maybe even black TV numbers, black side panels, and some cutoff striping on the pants. I even thought about 'NEW YORK' being in the Jetstream in the logo behind the Jet. and then started thinking about that running down the legs as well. Then I lied to myself and pretended Nike would never do that.

I'm still nervously anticipating some dumb, oversized military stencil numbering with black drop shadows that will make the Bucs alarm clock font look like a classic.

The unveiling will probably take place on the USS Intrepid as well.

* Everything in this post is just a ridiculous worry, but at least takes grains from the bits of rumors out there *

4 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

You get an A+ in tactfully presenting your information to the class.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

10 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Do you know his opinion of the uniforms he's been wearing? That might give some context to what exactly his taste is.

10 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Lol, no I didn't get that far in the conversation. Just kept it simple and had a quick chat, then we went our separate ways.

8 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

You get an A+ in tactfully presenting your information to the class.

Thank you! Buster's a cool dude, and he seems to like whatever the final uniform is. So I wouldn't anticipate anything too outlandish. "Flashy" for him could've simply meant big numbers, too bright of a green shade ..etc. Guess we'll know for sure in a month or so.

15 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

thanks for the info, dude! any little tidbit helps.

sig2024.png

11 hours ago, schlim said:

So thinking about all the new (rumored) information over the past couple of days, is this what we're headed for:

A brighter green, but not quite the Kelly green of the 80's.

The current JETS wordmark with the 80's streaking jetstream above it, placed in an oval with black outlines?
The Jets wordmark on the chest?
EL0i34L.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised by the jetstream logo running down the middle of the helmet, creating a white arrow/'V' towards the front of the helmet and a line down towards the back.

For the uniforms, I'm imagining a lot of black outlines or piping, with white shoulder caps/sleeves, maybe even black TV numbers, black side panels, and some cutoff striping on the pants. I even thought about 'NEW YORK' being in the Jetstream in the logo behind the Jet. and then started thinking about that running down the legs as well. Then I lied to myself and pretended Nike would never do that.

I'm still nervously anticipating some dumb, oversized military stencil numbering with black drop shadows that will make the Bucs alarm clock font look like a classic.

The unveiling will probably take place on the USS Intrepid as well.

* Everything in this post is just a ridiculous worry, but at least takes grains from the bits of rumors out there *

this is kinda what i was inferring, too. i was thinking more something like this:

jets-guess.png

sig2024.png

2 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

Thank you! Buster's a cool dude, and he seems to like whatever the final uniform is. So I wouldn't anticipate anything too outlandish. "Flashy" for him could've simply meant big numbers, too bright of a green shade ..etc. Guess we'll know for sure in a month or so.

Heh, it can be so tricky to tell what players and the general public mean when they use the same terms that we do. There was that Chargers player that said that their mono-navy look was “traditional,” and ive seen folks say the same about the Pats current set. Just different contexts and such.

1 hour ago, Gupti said:

Heh, it can be so tricky to tell what players and the general public mean when they use the same terms that we do. There was that Chargers player that said that their mono-navy look was “traditional,” and ive seen folks say the same about the Pats current set. Just different contexts and such.

That would be me about the pats set, but it was in terms of the home and road uniform sets are what they have traditionally worn with the current set for nearly 2 decades, not that the style was traditional.

Archived