New York Jets unveil new uniforms

2 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

pJKQrjX.png

Distorted it in Photoshop to a flat rectangle.

Looks like it says 2019 Branding, and I do think it says new york above jets.

It kinda looks like the football covers the bottom part of the E and T in JETS.   So with that, let me be the first to introduce the 2019 New York JFTS !

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's cleaner than what they have now. It's really a shame the Jets have never had a logo that matches the quality of their name. "Jets" should be one of the easiest nicknames to get a cool logo out of. Instead, it's been wordmarks and one poorly drawn plane. Something like this concept would be so much better:

T1Gb67Q.png

11 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Well, it's cleaner than what they have now. It's really a shame the Jets have never had a logo that matches the quality of their name. "Jets" should be one of the easiest nicknames to get a cool logo out of. Instead, it's been wordmarks and one poorly drawn plane. Something like this concept would be so much better:

T1Gb67Q.png

No it wouldn't, that looks horrible.

43 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

T1Gb67Q.png

That's too complicated though. Their best logo for me was the 1978-97 one. Bring that back, add the jet shape of the J as pant striping and maybe jersey too if it works without looking tacky. Green over white at home, white over green on the road, blackout look for certain games, done.

That specific execution isn't what I would use but I like the creativity and how the elements integrate with each other. In the 78 logo the "jet" looks like an afterthought. And all the other Jets logos look like they were designed in a boardroom in 5 minutes. It's just always felt like a huge missed opportunity to me.

9 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

so awesome. 

The medium blue is probably because of the water color, if you go full navy at the base the program will be just all dark and unappealing. 

That could very well be.

Just realized, that Bills at Titans game was their final game with the Titans nickname. Sonny Werblin bought the team that off-season and changed their name to the JETS for their final season at the old Polo Grounds.  My Dad once told me that by the time the NL baseball NY Giants left there after the 1957 season for SF that Stadium was a real s**t-hole. Must of been horrible for the Titans/Jets to play there, as it's condition by that time was far worse than Ebbets Field in Brooklyn I had heard. Then again the Raiders had it even worse at their original Grounds before the Coliseum in Oakland was built.

14 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Here is a mock up I did real quick of what the new logo may be.

w4SZlQF.png

It gives the Jets logo what it always needed: a hamburger bun.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

1 hour ago, AgentColon2 said:

That looks all off balance. Hoping that’s just for a meeting header.

I agree with this.  The "New York" should begin at the left edge of the upper stroke of the J.  Instead, it is hovering over the empty space above the hook of the J.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

11 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

T1Gb67Q.png

No it wouldn’t be. They’re the New York Jets. A team that represents one of the world’s great cities. The locale, not nickname, should be the selling poing. 

Promoting “Jets” at the expense of “New York” is silly. 

14 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

No it wouldn’t be. They’re the New York Jets. A team that represents one of the world’s great cities. The locale, not nickname, should be the selling poing. 

Promoting “Jets” at the expense of “New York” is silly. 

Yep, exactly.

The Jets should have a fantastic "NY" mark that is as recognizable/enviable as the Yankees, Mets, (or Giants).

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Archived