New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PittsburghSucks said:

The brown pants were added to the Browns set in 2006. They first appeared on field in 2008. That would be Reebok, not Nike.

I meant the pants they currently wear that say "Browns" down the leg

36 minutes ago, Gr3g3 said:

I meant the pants they currently wear that say "Browns" down the leg

They say in on the white & orange pants too. I absolutely hate it.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

11 hours ago, Vitalogy26 said:

Htown1141 yeah yours too! Vikings put that stripe quirk up on the sleeves and you used it down on the pants. 

Would it be too much to have that design feature on both the sleeves and the pants? I think it makes for a more cohesive design.

Yes, because on the pants it would either look like a jet nose diving into the ground (appropriate for the teams decisions, but not what you want as a visual) or looking like it’s launching from the ground like a rocket

On 7/30/2018 at 3:40 PM, daveindc said:

Well if this is their idea of fire, bring it on:

Is the helmet stripe on the concept Adams shared supposed to look like a jet trail? If so, I think that's pretty cool. Regardless - something like this with a small-to-moderate amount of black trim (if black comes close to replacing green as primary color it's too much) would be great IMO.

54 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Is the helmet stripe on the concept Adams shared supposed to look like a jet trail? If so, I think that's pretty cool. Regardless - something like this with a small-to-moderate amount of black trim (if black comes close to replacing green as primary color it's too much) would be great IMO.

No black trim, green and white need no help from a third color. They work perfectly fine together. I actually like the jets current modern Namath throwbacks, especially if they could fix the green or just change it to kelly green. But regarding the black trim, this 

sackers_252B5.jpg 

is 1000000 times better than this 

Boomer-Esiason-Jets.jpg 

4 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

So the Jets are thinking of returning to the Green Cowboys jerseys...strangely, I preferred the 90s version.

So did I.  I almost always hate "just add black" (Mets, Royals, Flames, Lions, etc.) but for some reason I really liked this change.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Some of you guys have been dropping "BFBS" regarding those early/mid 90's Jets uniforms like they were mono black with kelly green and white being reduced to accent colors. Those were my favorite NYJ uniforms. If Nike can control themselves and limit black to tertiary status, I would prefer an update to those over the 80's unis.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

3 hours ago, Eszcz21 said:

No black trim, green and white need no help from a third color. They work perfectly fine together. I actually like the jets current modern Namath throwbacks, especially if they could fix the green or just change it to kelly green. But regarding the black trim, this 

sackers_252B5.jpg 

is 1000000 times better than this 

Boomer-Esiason-Jets.jpg 

Disagree, I like the bottom better (minority opinion, probably). But I think the white jersey shared by Jamal Adams looks great as is, without black, so I'm torn.

48 minutes ago, ujju2 said:

Disagree, I like the bottom better (minority opinion, probably). But I think the white jersey shared by Jamal Adams looks great as is, without black, so I'm torn.

I believe the shade of green used in Adams' pic was brighter than any shade they've ever used IRL. That may be why it pops out at the viewer so much.

My suspicions:

• The team will look to differentiate themselves from the perhaps over-traditional Giants. 
  • Chrome will be involved.  Likely far too much of it.  They'll call it "Lombardi Silver" or some bullcrap.
  • They'll still likely keep things only moderately progressive in the design, which could unfortunately lead to a camel.  The helmet will likely be super distinct and overcooked, while the uniform will be nearly bland in comparison. 
  • Look for the green to get brightened up. 

None of this means anything, obviously.  Speculation.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

4 minutes ago, CS85 said:

My suspicions:

• The team will look to differentiate themselves from the perhaps over-traditional Giants. 
  • Chrome will be involved.  Likely far too much of it.  They'll call it "Lombardi Silver" or some bullcrap.
  • They'll still likely keep things only moderately progressive in the design, which could unfortunately lead to a camel.  The helmet will likely be super distinct and overcooked, while the uniform will be nearly bland in comparison. 
  • Look for the green to get brightened up. 

None of this means anything, obviously.  Speculation.

I hope you are very, very wrong lol

@CS85 if they call it “lombardi silver” or any varient, I will buy you the inevitable lombardi silver flaked draft day hat that comes out with the redesign.

In seriousness, I’ve always loved Kelly Green and Black together. It’s what made teams like the North Stars stand out a bit more. So I really wouldn’t mind them SPARINGLY AND CONSERVATIVELY, NIKE, YOU HEAR ME? using black as a trim.

Archived