New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

Yes. They showing "out with the old".

Interesting they showed Superman helmets amongst those getting refurbished. I thought I saw Arkansas State as well. By showing the paint sign they're possibly hinting at a new paint job rather than keeping them white. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

47 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Interesting they showed Superman helmets amongst those getting refurbished. I thought I saw Arkansas State as well. By showing the paint sign they're possibly hinting at a new paint job rather than keeping them white. 

I'm thinking the same thing re: "paint" - no other reason to throw it in there unless it's some kind of decoy. I was thinking they would leave it white but now I'm not so sure.

I just hope it isn't black or matte grey as shown in the video. If the helmet is green that means there's a color-swap version of the blurry crappy 2019 logo we saw earlier. 

I still feel like all signs point to this being terrible, though.

28 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I just hope it isn't black or matte grey as shown in the video. If the helmet is green that means there's a color-swap version of the blurry crappy 2019 logo we saw earlier. 

Any helmet painters here?  Any chance they have some sort of matte base prior to applying the gloss final color and clear coat finish?

Please???

It's where I sit.

Yeah, umm.. that video doesn’t show sh!t. All it is is a hype video to build suspense. They sent the helmets in to Riddell to get reconditioned. That’s it. The black and gray helmets are just other helmets sent in by other teams (colleges, high schools, etc.). Nothing new was shown in that video 

Like a couple have said above, this chapter of the story tells us more about change. They’re being re-painted for sure and i assume the matte gray is a primer for a dark color. That was no glance or random shot—they are showing us clearly here these helmets are matte gray (primer) in this process. The video does a good job at leading us towards the final answer without revealing anything too specific. The breadcrumb trail has been really well done so far. The only way these helmets come back white is if they’ve purposefully mislead people in the story they’re telling. I think that is highly unlikely 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I just can't see the Jets doing a black helmet. I mean it would be an unmitigated disaster even for us

The logo that was posted here that "leaked"...doesn't look like something that would go on a black helmet

We may be reading too much of what was in that video. Probably just what they were working on at the time and not any sort of Jets foreshadowing. 

14 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

I just can't see the Jets doing a black helmet. I mean it would be an unmitigated disaster even for us

The logo that was posted here that "leaked"...doesn't look like something that would go on a black helmet

We may be reading too much of what was in that video. Probably just what they were working on at the time and not any sort of Jets foreshadowing. 

this is a video put out by the Jets. its not a point and shoot IG story, they filmed this, edited it, and released it. there is story here they're trying to tell. just because they have a gray primer though, doesn't mean black paint. it could be green. it could be something crazy we haven't seen yet or a gradient. i will say though, if the gray primered helmets were not Jets helmets, this is a critical mistake in the video; in storytelling. i have more faith in the Jets creative team than this.

2 hours ago, Brian E said:

keep in mind that the jets helmet stripes are painted on, thus one reason for the reconditioning. but yeah, i think we're getting green helmets.

yes, they could have been sent out to be painted white. but i dont think thats likely given what they've put out so far or when using a gray primer, unless they've made a terrible mistake in the story. i also believe we're getting some sort of green helmet

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Does anyone have any authority on the average # of helmets that a nfl franchise would actually reuse from one season to another? If you start at 85 for camp and go down to a 53 man roster plus practice squad in the regular season, combined with roster churn I would think you would not have many suitable helmets that would meet league or player standards for the following season. My best guess is that you would maybe have 25 veterans that would want to keep their helmets season over season while the other remaining vets on the roster would opt for new at the start of each season. I understand the refurb/recert process is an essential part of the lower levels but there seems to be way too much perceived and real risk in not issuing new helmets each year unless a veteran player refused.

Archived