New York Jets unveil new uniforms

3 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

I know a lot of people hated this concept, but I'd bet anything this is better than what they actually end up with.

spacer.png

If the thing on the helmet looked like a jet and not an Eagles ripoff, it would be a passable look.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

If the thing on the helmet looked like a jet and not an Eagles ripoff, it would be a passable look.

Too much black. Stripes are invisible on the sleeves. That just wouldn't look good at all.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

16 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I don't know if they specifically mentioned logos. But Teal (currently suspended member who has gotten sneak peeks at things in the past) has said the logo is slightly different, the green is lighter, and black is used as an accent and for alt jersey and pants. 

i only ask because i truly don't know. Was he a credible source when the Jaguars unis were coming out?

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

But in terms of the Jets, i think they would do themselves a great favor in going with a lighter green. Yes maybe the eagles are the kelly green team in our hearts, but after the SB win, they arent changing their colors up anytime soon. And when i think green in the nfl, the packers come to mind. The Jets are a perfect team to move to a light green (no not the seahawks light), but dare I say, kelly green. And if they roll out with green as the primary color and white/gray/black as the alternates, im on board. Theyre named after "jets" and those colors are reflected in real jets. As long as the unis have some kind of character to them but not gimmicky, they could look really good. What i like about the previous concept, is the idea of using identifying parts of a jet to make the design. The tail-fin looks really good. not on the helmet, but everywhere else. This team really could have the best unis in the league, or be worse than the bucs. Lets pray for the former

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

12 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

i only ask because i truly don't know. Was he a credible source when the Jaguars unis were coming out?

I don't remember him saying a lot about the Jaguars' redesign. Apparently he's been spot-on in the past regarding NBA uniform changes, from what I've read. 

16 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I agree. Would probably have to be styled just a bit more to look more like a streamlined jet and less like a paper airplane but I could see something like this. Again, based on the brand guideline leak. 

JetsPaperAirplane.jpg

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Other than saying “won’t be long now” he didn’t say a lot about the jags

I seem to remember him last year constantly asking if anybody has heard anything new in the NFL team threads, so I have a hard time taking him seriously this year in regards to potential NFL leaks. 

I have to take opportunity to call out @Teal   Ordinarily I wouldn’t care or say anything, but I’m really annoyed that he has been making up information and trying to pass it along as insider information.  So to everyone on these boards, please disregard everything he has posted regarding the new Jets identity. 

That is not to say he is incorrect about everything he has said, but if he is correct it is only by coincidence or assumptions that anyone could make without any insider info. 

The reason I’m saying this is because I actually know firsthand the lengths that the Jets and Nike have managed to keep the identity under wraps and avoid any leaks. They’ve done really good job (almost to a paranoid level) to avoid anyone outside of a very very few select people knowing the identity. People that I know personally that SHOULD know, don’t. People that You would very much assume have seen the identity and new logo, have only seen some of the samples from early on in the process but not at all the final look.   The bottom line is, Teal doesn’t know anything. He’s looking for some board credibility which he doesn’t deserve.  So please ignore everything on this thread from him. 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

For what it’s worth, the information I have is that the new look is a refresh/modernization.  There were some very edgy looks being tossed around early in the process, but supposedly where they have settled is more modern than the current look but much closer to conservative than some of the more drastic redesigns we’ve seen such as the Bucs.  The colors aren’t drastically different and It should be very well received.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Jets should just go Kelly green and white, with dark green trim, no black at all. Kelly green helmets and primary, white, and dark green jersey/pants alts. Metallic helmet like AAF Memphis.                                                                              But I doubt it...

23 hours ago, mjd77 said:

I know a lot of people hated this concept, but I'd bet anything this is better than what they actually end up with.

spacer.png

Is a jet's tail the one part of the plane that would make a good helmet logo by itself? And then it doesn't even look like a jet tail. Idk what it looks like. Maybe some type of drawing protractor?

Related image

Then then the jet tail logo going down the pants just doesn't make any sense to me.

16 hours ago, goforbroke said:

For what it’s worth, the information I have is that the new look is a refresh/modernization.  There were some very edgy looks being tossed around early in the process, but supposedly where they have settled is more modern than the current look but much closer to conservative than some of the more drastic redesigns we’ve seen such as the Bucs.  The colors aren’t drastically different and It should be very well received.

I could be wrong, but isn't that pretty much what teal said?

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Just found this on Fanatics. Seems odd that they chose to go with this logo.spacer.png

BRUVzjL.png

It looks like they just jammed two alternate logos together to fit thst space.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, McGlinchey23 said:

I thought Delaware was Eagles territory

In addition to that, there's 5 counties in Maryland that are solidly Redskins territory which this map has marked for the Ravens.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived