New York Jets unveil new uniforms

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

My suspicions:

• The team will look to differentiate themselves from the perhaps over-traditional Giants. 
  • Chrome will be involved.  Likely far too much of it.  They'll call it "Lombardi Silver" or some bullcrap.
  • They'll still likely keep things only moderately progressive in the design, which could unfortunately lead to a camel.  The helmet will likely be super distinct and overcooked, while the uniform will be nearly bland in comparison. 
  • Look for the green to get brightened up. 

None of this means anything, obviously.  Speculation.

I could see chrome for the facemasks but....seems like the white on white w/ white facemask look was so well received that I can't see where else they'd work the chrome in

You can see already in the teams marketing they are using brighter green. And the fans have been wanting this for years as our look has steadily darkened from when Parcells re introduced the altered Namath era uni's to the Rex years where they got to an almost olive green. 

Talking to my ticket rep this look got great reviews

usa_today_10320824.0.jpg

856384596.0.jpg

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/1/2018 at 3:02 PM, MCM0313 said:

I believe the shade of green used in Adams' pic was brighter than any shade they've ever used IRL. That may be why it pops out at the viewer so much.

That would explain it. In any case, I absolutely love that shade of kelly green. I'm not a fan of "bland" shades of kelly green, generally speaking. Among my least favourite colours, actually. That is likely why I think it needs black to make it pop. I suppose the shade used in Adams' pic wouldn't need any black.

I will be somewhat shocked if they totally bring back the 80s uniforms, but do expect a return to Kelly green - probably something similar to the color rush jerseys. Then it just depends if they stick with the white helmet or go green as well. 

Maybe something similar to Ohio U from a few years back (except Kelly green):

Ohio-Bobcats-green-on-green.jpg

oh-12-whitegreen-robleifheit-vert-620x86

On 8/1/2018 at 7:28 PM, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Jets fans are pretty blue collar and no nonsense

What does this even mean?  Not just when it comes to the Jets, but you often hear people say "well, it's a blue collar town so they love the way team x plays".

Look in the stands, and it's mostly accountants or IT guys or business owners or other white-collar fans.  There's no NFL city that's primarily "blue collar" anymore, and I can't consider any player that makes millions of $ per year and goes home to a model and a 50,000 sq' mansion a "blue collar" guy, no matter how many instagram pics he posts of himself "putting in work" in the gym.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, mmajeski06 said:

I will be somewhat shocked if they totally bring back the 80s uniforms, but do expect a return to Kelly green - probably something similar to the color rush jerseys. Then it just depends if they stick with the white helmet or go green as well. 

I dunno. I really think they're gonna bring back the script in some form - and I hope they do.

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

What does this even mean?  Not just when it comes to the Jets, but you often hear people say "well, it's a blue collar town so they love the way team x plays".

Look in the stands, and it's mostly accountants or IT guys or business owners or other white-collar fans.  There's no NFL city that's primarily "blue collar" anymore, and I can't consider any player that makes millions of $ per year and goes home to a model and a 50,000 sq' mansion a "blue collar" guy, no matter how many instagram pics he posts of himself "putting in work" in the gym.

"You just don't get the bond that CITY X has with the team.  The fans are all lunch pail guys who either work at the mill or their father did before it was shut down.  They really appreciate how much the smashmouth football played by TEAM Y reflects the image of the town."

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Every time I read this post, I keep picturing a double green identity in my head with kelly green primary and some kind of darker shade of green as secondary with white.  Also, a green helmet in the same finish as the Vikings helmet would pair up well.

2 hours ago, mmajeski06 said:

Are matte helmets still in? The Ohio U uniform with the 80s Jets script would look pretty awesome

Just make the sleeves green and it would make a fine Jets unifrom. It's the only thing that separates them from the Colts. 

Also, the 1978 Jets in preseason (probably because the new jersey's weren't ready yet) did wear the Namath Era jersey's with the 70s-90s script. The only photo I know is in black and white.

RSF44181.jpeg?v=1497295056

XM4KeeA.png

23 minutes ago, insert name said:

Just make the sleeves green and it would make a fine Jets unifrom. It's the only thing that separates them from the Colts. 

Also, the 1978 Jets in preseason (probably because the new jersey's weren't ready yet) did wear the Namath Era jersey's with the 70s-90s script. The only photo I know is in black and white.

RSF44181.jpeg?v=1497295056

That looks perfect to me

I just want what they currently have with a lighter shade of green but I know it won’t be like that. 

What’s probably gonna happen, we’ll get a Nikefied modernization of the 80s jerseys but with “Jet Wings” sticking out of the arm stripes or something like that. Nike will come up with some stupid name to make it sound edgy and hip and I’ll just sit here pouting over how dumb the uniform looks until the day Nike’s contract runs out.

XM4KeeA.png

1 hour ago, Teal said:

So what is the general consensus here? A modern take on the retro look? A lighter green?

What are we thinking here folks?

The closer they can get to the pic Jamal Adams shared, the better.

Kind of surprised they didn't roll it out this year - 20 years since the last change, new QB - might cut into some of the Darnold jersey sales if people know something new is moving next year. Or do normies not really care about such things? 

On 8/2/2018 at 10:26 PM, mmajeski06 said:

Good predictions. And I'd be curious if they go with matte helmets

Archived