Jump to content

New York Jets unveil new uniforms


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

What whole thing? There’s literally no “thing”. 

 

I'm pretty sure these 2019 cheerleaders uniforms are kinda related to the actual team they're representing... The abundance of black, the addition of neon green, the skyscrapers theme.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Eh...the neon green looks pretty cool, but I don't think the Jets need it. I could really do without a non-gloss black helmet, though. I don't think a black helmet can look good unless the finish is glossy.

Scratch that, I forgot about the Riddell Blaze Bengals fashion helmet I got my friend for his birthday. It was black, with a satin finish I think? (I think the whole line is satin finish.) The stripes were bright orange and the facemask was orange chrome, though. The focus was very much on the stripes rather than the shell itself. In an instance like that, satin or even matte black can work.

 

...but only the Bengals could pull that off, and they obviously wear an orange helmet IRL. If the Jets go matte black...yuck. That thing better be green, and it better be either glossy or satin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Perhaps after agreeing to sign with the Jets, Anthony Barr was told what the new uniforms were going to look like and he was like "Nope. I'm out," and went back to the Vikings. Makes sense right?

 

spacer.png

This gif sums up this whole thread pretty much

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I sure hope not. Bland to the max.

 

Agreed. If we've learned anything from the Giants, Yankees, and Mets, it's that having a simple but recognizable "NY" on the hat/helmet is really unremarkable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

 

Agreed. If we've learned anything from the Giants, Yankees, and Mets, it's that having a simple but recognizable "NY" on the hat/helmet is really unremarkable.

Baseball aesthetics are different from football aesthetics. As for the Giants, they're about 35 years older than the Jets, with a lot more tradition. Plus, "Jets" is an exciting name that I feel should have some visual representation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Perhaps after agreeing to sign with the Jets, Anthony Barr was told what the new uniforms were going to look like and he was like "Nope. I'm out," and went back to the Vikings. Makes sense right?

 

spacer.png

Well, maybe?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Baseball aesthetics are different from football aesthetics. As for the Giants, they're about 35 years older than the Jets, with a lot more tradition. Plus, "Jets" is an exciting name that I feel should have some visual representation.

 

Down for some Jet-like stuff on the uniform and branding. 

 

Also down for an "NY" on the helmet that'll be seen as traditional before you know it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DeFrank said:

 

Agreed. If we've learned anything from the Giants, Yankees, and Mets, it's that having a simple but recognizable "NY" on the hat/helmet is really unremarkable.

Those are logos that have lasted for more than half a century. The Jets NY was something put together in the 2000s and rarely seen anywhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, insert name said:

Those are logos that have lasted for more than half a century. The Jets NY was something put together in the 2000s and rarely seen anywhere. 

 

This is the same flawed logic that says the Jaguars can't have uniforms as simple as the Raiders. 

 

The Jets will only be a team that doesn't have an "NY" logo that's existed for more than a half century as long as they don't commit to an "NY" logo for more than a half century.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DeFrank said:

 

Agreed. If we've learned anything from the Giants, Yankees, and Mets, it's that having a simple but recognizable "NY" on the hat/helmet is really unremarkable.

 

 

Idk if we should compare football helmet logos with baseball cap logos. The Dodgers' LA cap logo is iconic, but that doesn't mean the Rams and Chargers both need "LA" on their helmets. 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • officeglenn changed the title to Jets new uniform speculation/leaks thread
  • IceCap locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.