TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets unveil new uniforms

jesus christ this is the NFL...we are suppose to know who a team is, from their uniform and or colors...we don’t need the team name on the chest!

As a Jets fan, I like them and honestly might buy one/ask for one for a gift at some point.

I really do think the hot takes on either side will die down pretty quickly. These are not nearly as offensively bad as the Nike OG Jags, the Browns nor the Bucs and I think these will slide into the rest of the NFL and everyone will move on, unlike the Jags, the Browns and the Bucs.

I’ve lost interest in the sport over the years  but now this is like the final nail in the coffin. Jets I grew up loving are dead. 

Shelves are missing something. Just bare material. They have used their new NY secondary logo and there'd have been no need for  a New York workmark above the numbers

Either that or flip the script. NY on the helmets and the old JETS font on the shoulders. 

I'm surprised they got away with placing the swoosh so far up on the shoulders. 

Small tweaks could put this up there as a Better set. 

I like them. Hated the old look so big upgrade here for me. New green is 100x better than that drab olive color they previously used. 

Favorite combo is green/white/green

image.jpg

White on green looks a lot better with the high white socks.

The Jets were one of the most successful mix and match teams in the league and now that is seemingly dead. What a shame

For the second season in a row, we have a white helmet team change the helmet color to that of their jersey so that they can go monochrome. At least a white helmet provides some contrast.

I always thought this was one of the best same color jersey/pant combos in the league with a solid color balance:

merlin_144990570_5722e5dd-380d-4fab-956d

But now he have basically another Eagles set. Why do these teams refuse to pair black jerseys with any other pant color? Props to the Ravens for mixing in white and purple pants with their black jersey. There is nothing original or exciting about a plain black uniform and plenty of teams do it. It seems like any team that Nike rebrands loses their identity (which was fine to begin with) and becomes another version of a different team (just like the Titans last season who now look like HOU or SEA)

I know I might be in the minority but I really like the black unis (and I'm a Giants fan). Like the white the most but really don't like the Green. Should not have the black outlines. Kind of funny how the Jaguars need black outlines yet the Jets don't. Should do a little outline swap.

I actually think these are great. It’s a bit understated, but with some of the bat:censored: zany trash Nike has put out over the years (Bucs, Titans) the Jets should consider themselves lucky.

The new primary logo misses the mark pretty badly for several reasons. It’s actually a decent sized downgrade from their current logo because you can tell they wanted to go in a new direction, but it almost feels like they felt obligated to keep the oval. I like that they didn’t force it onto the helmet and decided to do something different, at least. 

Speaking of the helmet, I LOVE the new helmet. The green is great and I actually think having the wordmark on the helmet is a nice touch. It’s simple, but I really think it works. 

This is is the first time in awhile where a pretty well established team has changed their look and it’s actually turned out to be an improvement IMO. I’m a big fan of their old look, too. 

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Why another thread?  Just confusing.

It’s the moderating team’s policy for big unveilings to split off a new thread once the jerseys are unveiled.

The speculation threads often end up at more than 100 pages (this one did), so we don’t want to make it too overbearing for anyone who’s coming in now that hasn’t been following that thread since the start. There’s also a nice, clean break typically — it’s a fundamentally different discussion when the speculation ends and the unveiling starts.

Eh. 

The black isn't black which makes it look like someone didn't know how to wash them and let them fade. The white with green pants looks good. Green? Eh. 

I don't care for the city name on the chest or the black alternates, but the rest of the look... I love it! The entire AFC East now looks great, and if the Dolphins ever adopted their '60s throwbacks full-time that would be even better. I'm already imagining how good a Bills-Jets matchup is going to look next season as long as the Jets stay away from the black unis for those games.

In the last two years, I would say we've gotten two pretty good upgrades (Jaguars, Jets), a good slight modification (Dolphins) and one major downgrade (Titans). That's pretty good considering how badly Nike has screwed up a few other teams. Hopefully the Browns will return to a nice traditional look next year and fingers crossed that the Rams don't screw up by making any drastic changes either.

14 minutes ago, TheFallenHaveRisen said:

I think this does a good job of combining the 80's/90's identity with the Namath/current identity

How

3 minutes ago, bowld said:

I like them. Hated the old look so big upgrade here for me. New green is 100x better than that drab olive color they previously used. 

Favorite combo is green/white/green

spacer.pngThis looks neither drab nor olive, but the fact that lighting had to be correct, the green jersey had it's own share of issues, and they could never figure out the shoulder stripes always held this set back.. it's a shame that it wasn't salvageable before a whole new look was needed, because I'm not sold on the new look at all..

This looks great. My only problem might be the kinda wonky block font but even then it's not too bad.

In terms of combinations, I kind of want to see what the black set would look like with green socks, so it's G/B/B/G. I think that might look good and at the very least break up the leotard look (or is it yoga pants, I forget where the CCSLC ended up on that).

I do think the black jerseys and black pants should only exist on their own. I don't see them mixing in well with the green and white jerseys or pants.

Have The Jets ever used Black? 

I keep looking at the Black Alt and all I keep thinking about are the Eagles. 

Overall I'd say they're just ok. Though I liked the old ones better (plus I always had a thing for teams that had emblem patches like the Jets & Jags) 

Only thing I'd change is the Helmet, I'd rather they have gone with a matte finish like The Vikings. 

1 minute ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Have The Jets ever used Black? 

I keep looking at the Black Alt and all I keep thinking about are the Eagles. 

Overall I'd say they're just ok. Though I liked the old ones better (plus I always had a thing for teams that had emblem patches like the Jets & Jags) 

Only thing I'd change is the Helmet, I'd rather they have gone with a matte finish like The Vikings. 

spacer.png

44 minutes ago, Lafarge said:

I’m really sorry that these Jets uniforms killed your parents. My Condolences.

But at the time of the killings, the uniforms were being brainwashed by the Russians, so they really shouldn't be blamed.

4 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

In terms of combinations, I kind of want to see what the black set would look like with green socks, so it's G/B/B/G. I think that might look good and at the very least break up the leotard look (or is it yoga pants, I forget where the CCSLC ended up on that).

I do think going with the black jerseys and black pants should only exist on their own. I don't see them mixing in well with the green and white jerseys or pants.

I wanna see G/B/W/G and G/B/G/B.. I can live with the BFBS alt if they don't insist on going mono black all the d*mn time.. let the black details in the uniform carry the black a bit if you're going to force it on us.. don't try to justify things by throwing as much black as possible at us