New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I believe it was brought up in this thread before, but all the Jets free agency signings have been put on Instagram in this poster style.

I definitely would not hate this as the basis of the new team branding. You got the commercial jets and the New York skyline in a old poster style, kind of like what I posted in this thread a handful of pages back.

And no black. Though we know the alternate (or color rush) will be black. I don't mind a small amount of black in the primary uni's but I really don't want it there. 

And Chris Johnson was wrong with that quote. The individuals you want to understand the best and please the most when it comes to uniforms...ARE YOUR FANS.

Sure it's great if the players like them. But these guys did not grow up living and dying (mostly dying...always dying) with the Jets. They'll play in whatever for $. Make sure you have something classic and beautiful for the people who will be there long after some journeyman who things the Jets uni's are "dope" has long moved on

I've just seen this whole drill before. It will be crazy, it will have shock value. It will sell initially. In 3-4 years people will be clamoring for something more traditional. Miami migrated back bit by bit. You're hearing it with Tampa now. The Browns are going back. The Jags unstupified

They haven't even come out yet, but I'm envisioning the end. Not an Islanders fan but as soon as the Fishtsticks were introduced I knew it wouldn't last. I knew the Browns duds were a short term thing. I just know with these. The code language...bold, dope, bad-ass. Those are words used by out of touch fools

33 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

And Chris Johnson was wrong with that quote. The individuals you want to understand the best and please the most when it comes to uniforms...ARE YOUR FANS.

I just know with these. The code language...bold, dope, bad-ass. Those are words used by out of touch fools

Out of touch fools = The Johnson Family.  I'm guessing all that talc went to their heads...

-------------

On a separate note with the state of the franchise the past few seasons, I wonder if the fans will ultimately call this the "crash and burn" set.

7 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Can you really make the claim, though, that Canada and the U.S. are at all similar in how they position and employ their military philosophies? What might be a rather innocuous tribute in Canada can all of a sudden be perceived in a very different light when you move it to the U.S. simply because of the foreign policy differences between the two countries.

That’s a different discussion for a different platform, though. Back to the scheduled programming.

It can be perceived however you want. It’s entirely up to the subjective view of the person looking at it. I’ve seen plenty of criticism at the Winnipeg Jets for “glorifying” the military. 

3 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I believe it was brought up in this thread before, but all the Jets free agency signings have been put on Instagram in this poster style.

I definitely would not hate this as the basis of the new team branding. You got the commercial jets and the New York skyline in a old poster style, kind of like what I posted in this thread a handful of pages back.

This shows that something simple like the Vikings would work quite well. A simple two stripe pattern on the sleeves that evokes a plane and two colors (green and white) on the jersey with maybe a touch of black. Simple number font in a single color or perhaps outlined in black.

Of course that's probably not what we're going to get.

11 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Sure it's great if the players like them. But these guys did not grow up living and dying (mostly dying...always dying) with the Jets. They'll play in whatever for $. Make sure you have something classic and beautiful for the people who will be there long after some journeyman who things the Jets uni's are "dope" has long moved on

I've just seen this whole drill before. It will be crazy, it will have shock value. It will sell initially. In 3-4 years people will be clamoring for something more traditional. Miami migrated back bit by bit. You're hearing it with Tampa now. The Browns are going back. The Jags unstupified

They haven't even come out yet, but I'm envisioning the end. Not an Islanders fan but as soon as the Fishtsticks were introduced I knew it wouldn't last. I knew the Browns duds were a short term thing. I just know with these. The code language...bold, dope, bad-ass. Those are words used by out of touch fools

agree with this, buuuuuuut...

chris johnson is also saying what his players want to hear, too. he's sort of positioned himself as a players' owner (he was the first owner to say he'd pay fines of anyone who chose to kneel for the anthem, he's much more prominently around the players in camp and at the facility, etc.). so keep in mind that, like anything that is said to the press by any executive, there's likely an agenda behind it.

as far as the coded language, bad ass and dope certainly seem to imply modern and gimmicky, but doesn't necessarily mean it will be. it's actually pretty remarkable that we're 8 days away from an unveil and we have virtually no idea what to expect. but as a famous monk once said: "won't be long now." 

sig2024.png

We keep talking about what kind of jet the Jets should use, but I have a feeling it will be a moot point.  Most NFL logo changes these days are updates of a current look.  I'm expecting something similar to what they have now, an oval with some variation of the word Jets and an NY in there. No jet logo to be found. Basically what we saw on that conference room table a few months back.

Look at the major changes from this century:

Atlanta Falcons (1990 - 2002)Atlanta Falcons (2003 - Pres)Arizona Cardinals (1994 - 2004)Arizona Cardinals (2005 - Pres)Carolina Panthers (1995 - 2011)Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)

Cleveland Browns (2006 - 2014)Cleveland Browns (2015 - Pres)Detroit Lions (1970 - 2002)Detroit Lions (2017 - Pres)Jacksonville Jaguars (1995 - 2012)Jacksonville Jaguars (2013 - Pres)

Seattle Seahawks (1976 - 2001)Seattle Seahawks (2012 - Pres)Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1997 - 2013)Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2014 - Pres)Miami Dolphins (1997 - 2012)Miami Dolphins (2018 - Pres)

Miami's changed a bit, but when was the last drastic logo change?  The '97 Broncos?  '99 Ravens?  It's been a while

90758391980.gif

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

We keep talking about what kind of jet the Jets should use, but I have a feeling it will be a moot point.  Most NFL logo changes these days are updates of a current look.  I'm expecting something similar to what they have now, an oval with some variation of the word Jets and an NY in there. No jet logo to be found. Basically what we saw on that conference room table a few months back.

Atlanta Falcons (1990 - 2002)Atlanta Falcons (2003 - Pres)Arizona Cardinals (1994 - 2004)Arizona Cardinals (2005 - Pres)Carolina Panthers (1995 - 2011)Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)

Cleveland Browns (2006 - 2014)Cleveland Browns (2015 - Pres)Detroit Lions (1970 - 2002)Detroit Lions (2017 - Pres)Jacksonville Jaguars (1995 - 2012)Jacksonville Jaguars (2013 - Pres)

Seattle Seahawks (1976 - 2001)Seattle Seahawks (2012 - Pres)Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1997 - 2013)Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2014 - Pres)Miami Dolphins (1997 - 2012)Miami Dolphins (2018 - Pres)

Miami's changed a bit, but when was the last drastic logo change?  The '97 Broncos?  '99 Ravens?  It's been a while

I'd say Rams in 2000 was the most recent drastic logo change.

2 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The triangle tells me there will most likely be some sort of jet representation somewhere, even if not an actual jet logo. Hopefully in a way reminiscent of the Concord silhouette.

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

I'd say Rams in 2000 was the most recent drastic logo change.

I think the one from that pictured group you could suggest was a significant change is Miami.  The sun keeps some continuity but the dolphin changes pretty drastically.

But yeah, I hadn't realized few really big logo changes the NFL has had in recent decades.  Regarding the Jets, I think they'll either simplify the current logo or do something inspried by the 1980s logo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

So given this theory and the new player graphics, maybe something like this quick rough mock up.

JetsRevise.jpg

Archived