Jump to content

New York Jets unveil new uniforms


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

That just looks like a broken jet.  I honsetly don't know what all those pieces are meant to represent.

 

The simple design of the tail on the original of that logo cannot be improved upon.

It looks like a paper airplane.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

 

spacer.png

It strikes me as different for being different's sake.

 

Kinda like what many Nike uniform re-designs have been (alarm clock numbers, pleather striping on the shoulders, spiky/wonky numbers).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

You say “blech” I say “what a clean update of a classic mark.”

 

yeah, i lean toward  the latter, too. i'd be cool with that, provided they leaned out the oval a bit to make it look more like a football like it originally did when they introduced it in the '63.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

So as @andrewharrington pointed out...context matters regarding this stuff. Across the board when it comes to design, really. What works in Place A may not work in Place B.

 

Beyond that though? The re-emergence of people who fell like the NY Jets MUST have a cool and badass fighter jet motif raises an interesting point on how to best use a jet- be it a military or commercial jet- when designing a good logo for a sports team.

 

So let's look at some "fierce," "badass," and "cool" conceptual designs for both Jets teams, Winnipeg and New York.

 

  Hide contents

 


IEpE5Wz.png

 

 

XpgQXKX.png

 

YuKZqIc.png

 

2wrbB1g.png

 

 

ZJbGbl5.png

 

 

Full disclosure- I removed everything from these concepts save for the jets themselves, so that element could stand on its own.

Anyway they're all pretty bad, if you ask me. They all fall into the trap that plagued 90s/early 2000s design. Too many highlights, too many angles, too much detail. They all work as cartoon illustrations of fighter jets, but as logos? They're all too much. They don't work.

5

 

I agree with 99% of what you said, Cap. However, I want to stick up for the last design, as that is a really solid logo and shows a lot of restraint with the highlighting. Also, the second to last logo is supposed to be three jets in the shape of a maple leaf (originally a Winnipeg Jets concept); if you simplify that down to one jet and eliminate the trails, it's pretty close to the simplified designs you have in the second part of the post.

 

Let's also not pretend that some of the less-complicated logos are very good either. There's strength in simplicity, but there's also a reason why many of those marks are only pieces of the logo and not the logo itself. Hats off to the Memphis Express brand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just saw the draft caps 

1) I think they have an Expos type of pinwheel design.  Hard to tell from the 1 pic I saw. 

2) there’s a strange pattern around the base of the cap. It’s almost like laurels like in the old Greek olympics or something. Looked like a swarm of bugs to me. 

3) with the draft hats being released the jets logo may be leaked soonish. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, goforbroke said:

I just saw the draft caps 

1) I think they have an Expos type of pinwheel design.  Hard to tell from the 1 pic I saw. 

2) there’s a strange pattern around the base of the cap. It’s almost like laurels like in the old Greek olympics or something. Looked like a swarm of bugs to me. 

3) with the draft hats being released the jets logo may be leaked soonish. 

 

 

The draft hats seem really weird this year. Maybe not the best indication of what the Jets are planning.

spacer.png

 

That said, can you put my mind at ease and tell me those cheerleader uniforms aren’t representative of the new color scheme?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, tigerraven said:

So the Draft Hats are based on City Flags?

 

 

I mean, that’s probably the lone city where they flag shares elements with their respective NFL team’s logo. Or, rather, the team’s logo is based on elements of the city flag. However you want to look at it. Most city flags are too complex to pull something off like that, anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, FormerLurker said:

 

 

The draft hats seem really weird this year. Maybe not the best indication of what the Jets are planning.

spacer.png

 

That said, can you put my mind at ease and tell me those cheerleader uniforms aren’t representative of the new color scheme?

 

Interesting that the Saints don't have a contrasting bill while the other teams we can see clearly do. Or are those not also the draft caps in the background?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Interesting that the Saints don't have a contrasting bill while the other teams we can see clearly do. Or are those not also the draft caps in the background?

 

 

Those are different in the background. They are starting to leak out. Where is the appropriate thread to post them? Don’t want to hijack this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, FormerLurker said:

 

 

Those are different in the background. They are starting to leak out. Where is the appropriate thread to post them? Don’t want to hijack this one.

There probably isn't one yet. You can start it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • officeglenn changed the title to Jets new uniform speculation/leaks thread
  • IceCap locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.