New York Jets unveil new uniforms

26 minutes ago, Brian E said:

amusing item for the day: someone on facebook is trying to pass off @VC15AP18's concept as the real deal:

Jeez, I surely hope not, those suck, especially the mono black one!!

Not a fan of that wordmark logo either. 

I sure hope the J-E-T-S don't botch this, but I have a feeling they will. I'd hate to have to see those twice a year when they play the Bills.

I wish they'd just return to the late 60s / early 70s logo that was pointed and shaped like a football and mounted on about a 45° angle, and in Kelly Green, now those were cool.  Why they made it oval shaped like a rugby ball and switched to the Forest Green in 1998 was a big mistake to begin with, IMO. 

spacer.png

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, FormerLurker said:

The draft hats seem really weird this year. Maybe not the best indication of what the Jets are planning.

spacer.png

That said, can you put my mind at ease and tell me those cheerleader uniforms aren’t representative of the new color scheme?

Yeah you're right the few caps I saw were based on their indv flags and I didn't get the reference until seeing all of them.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

50 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

Yeah you're right the few caps I saw were based on their indv flags and I didn't get the reference until seeing all of them.

This is why the concept is so bad. You shouldn't have to see a group of hats to realize why they're designed a certain way. If someone was walking down the street in that Saints hat, I'd have to think most people would think it looked weird and wonder why there's 3 logos.

5 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

This is why the concept is so bad. You shouldn't have to see a group of hats to realize why they're designed a certain way. If someone was walking down the street in that Saints hat, I'd have to think most people would think it looked weird and wonder why there's 3 logos.

But if you’re from there, and you saw someone walking down the street in that Saints hat, you might think it looked interesting, it was a fresh change of pace, or appreciate the link to the New Orleans flag.

I don’t think you can really call the concept bad when you’re only looking at it from your perspective and not the perspective of the target audience.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

But if you’re from there, and you saw someone walking down the street in that Saints hat, you might think it looked interesting, it was a fresh change of pace, or appreciate the link to the New Orleans flag.

I don’t think you can really call the concept bad when you’re only looking at it from your perspective and not the perspective of the target audience.

Good point. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate the Browns version. Doesn't help when your logo is a stupid helmet. Still I can't see buying a hat with the Ohio flag on it either.

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Good point. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate the Browns version. Doesn't help when your logo is a stupid helmet. Still I can't see buying a hat with the Ohio flag on it either.

Oh, the Browns version is absolutely going to be awful, mainly because their logo is a picture of a helmet. That will make even the Ohio flag look bad, and it’ll be worse if they use the Cleveland flag as inspiration.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

13 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Oh, the Browns version is absolutely going to be awful, mainly because their logo is a picture of a helmet. That will make even the Ohio flag look bad, and it’ll be worse if they use the Cleveland flag as inspiration.

that said,  the bears one is going to be dopeeeee. the city of chicago's flag is so beautiful, it could make anything look good.

sig2024.png

The city flag idea is so awful, I can't believe it actually made through to production. Who the hell has any pride in their city flag? 

I honestly didn't even know what my own city's flag was. I had to google it...

28 minutes ago, Gr3g3 said:

The city flag idea is so awful, I can't believe it actually made through to production. Who the hell has any pride in their city flag? 

You've clearly never been to Chicago.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

39 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Or Portland, Denver, New York, Pittsburgh, Montréal, Los Angeles, Seattle, and so on.

I've been to a few of these places, i can only tell you what washington and chicago's look like. The state flag...at least in texas (bc texas) is the flag everyone associates with. City flags are not very popular here. I live in Houston and the majority of people wouldn't be able to tell you what the city flag looks like. 

3 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

I've been to a few of these places, i can only tell you what washington and chicago's look like. The state flag...at least in texas (bc texas) is the flag everyone associates with. City flags are not very popular here. I live in Houston and the majority of people wouldn't be able to tell you what the city flag looks like. 

This explains why that is pretty well, and is just a great watch in general.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

2 hours ago, Gr3g3 said:

That says more about you than anything.

Guess you don't live in a big city.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Speaking as a New Yorker, the City flag is everywhere and a lot of people know that the orange represents the Dutch/New Amsterdam origins. NYCFC has done a great job of incorporating the flag on their shirt, the corner flags, etc.

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, sozopol said:

Speaking as a New Yorker, the City flag is everywhere and a lot of people know that the orange represents the Dutch/New Amsterdam origins. NYCFC has done a great job of incorporating the flag on their shirt, the corner flags, etc.

spacer.png

There's only two things I hate in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch!

Archived