TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets unveil new uniforms

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

That says more about you than anything.

 

Guess you don't live in a big city.

 

Yeah. Pretty sure it says I don't give a crap about city flags. The city I live in is plenty big. Chicago is the only city flag I can even picture without google. State flags are another thing, obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

 

Or Portland, Denver, New York, Pittsburgh, Montréal, Los Angeles, Seattle, and so on.

 

The only places on this list I haven't been are Portland and Seattle.

 

Honest to god have never seen New Yorkers repping NYC flags on any merch, Los Angeles is all about the California state flag, just like Denver is more about the Colorado state flag, as opposed to the city flag.

 

Don't want to jack this thread anymore with ugly flags though. Here's to a Jets leak coming this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell, the only STATE flags I can think of off the top of my head are Nebraska, Iowa, Colorado, Texas, and California, now I’m supposed to know CITY flags? Hell naw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe that’s a west coast thing? They’re decently prevalent out this way and kinda huge in the PNW from what I remember. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jn8 said:

Hell, the only STATE flags I can think of off the top of my head are Nebraska, Iowa, Colorado, Texas, and California, now I’m supposed to know CITY flags? Hell naw

Ohio? We've got probably the most famous state flag outside of Cali, Texas, and Colorado. Heck, it's in the Blue Jackets' logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

C'mon Jets. Leak something so this board can stop arguing about who does/doesn't notice city and/or state flags and what it may or may not say about them as people.

 

Nevermind, it's already too late:

 

Milwaukee's city flag has the same effect as the blair witch where if you look directly at it, you die. Luckily I've only seen it in reflections of car windows and lake Michigan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hijack it further, but here in LA, we definitely rep the California state flag a whole bunch.

 

I’ve never even seen the LA flag in person, anywhere. For good reason though, it’s effing hideous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gr3g3 said:

 

The only places on this list I haven't been are Portland and Seattle.

 

Honest to god have never seen New Yorkers repping NYC flags on any merch, Los Angeles is all about the California state flag, just like Denver is more about the Colorado state flag, as opposed to the city flag.

 

Don't want to jack this thread anymore with ugly flags though. Here's to a Jets leak coming this weekend.

Well there’s 4 New York teams that have its flags colors which many people wear so.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And a lot of New York City soccer fans have been wearing the flag since our club adopted their version three years ago...

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, insert name said:

Well there’s 4 New York teams that have its flags colors which many people wear so.....

The Islanders weren’t a NYC team when they adopted those colors.

 

But here’s the flag they most likely took the colors from lolspacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys keep talking about NYC flag but here’s the point, they took the NYC flag and adapted it to a cap... first changed the colors to Giants colors.  So right off the bat you lose any recognition of the famous orange and blue flag.  Then, the only element from the flag that I can tell is the laurels around the seal.  It goes around the base of the cap.   I don’t care HOW familiar you are with the NYC flag.. if you see red white and blue cap with a ring of laurels there is no way you would associate that with “ohhh I get it they took inspiration from the NYC flag”. There is no defining element to make that connection. ESPECIALLY if you don’t  see all the other Teams and caps in the series.  That’s what happened to me and I guarantee you would all feel the same way.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over on Jets Reddit someone has claimed to see them, described the following. Obviously this is a random Reddit account but they way he describes the names of the colors reads like it's from a press release.

 

"It’s a bold “NY”. The whole set is way more representative of New York City than it is the Jets branding, and I actually really like that. The black set is even a love letter to the “City that never sleeps”. The new colors are “Big Apple Green”, “Jet Black”, and “LimeLight”. It’s definitely different, it’s striking, it’s not like anything in the NFL, and to me looks like a team tired of playing second fiddle ready to, well, embrace the limelight. 

The numbers are probably my favorite part. Absolutely massive."

 

I asked him where did he get the names of the colors

 

"The press release. “Big Apple Green” is a deep shade of green that is rich but still appears to glow, “Jet Black” is exactly what it sounds like, and “Limelieght” is a bright neon green with an almost yellowish tinge to it."

 

Edit: I hope it's not true, sounds like there going heavy black and ignoring the white.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds a lot like Oregon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks VC15AP18 for that rumor! If this thread went any further down the rabbit hole of MLS jock tags I'm not sure I could've taken it anymore. 

 

And that description sounds very Nike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

Here’s two grains of salt to go with that bit.

spacer.png

It could all be crap but it's better then talking about city flags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VC15AP18 said:

Over on Jets Reddit someone has claimed to see them, described the following. Obviously this is a random Reddit account but they way he describes the names of the colors reads like it's from a press release.

 

"It’s a bold “NY”. The whole set is way more representative of New York City than it is the Jets branding, and I actually really like that. The black set is even a love letter to the “City that never sleeps”. The new colors are “Big Apple Green”, “Jet Black”, and “LimeLight”. It’s definitely different, it’s striking, it’s not like anything in the NFL, and to me looks like a team tired of playing second fiddle ready to, well, embrace the limelight. 

The numbers are probably my favorite part. Absolutely massive."

 

I asked him where did he get the names of the colors

 

"The press release. “Big Apple Green” is a deep shade of green that is rich but still appears to glow, “Jet Black” is exactly what it sounds like, and “Limelieght” is a bright neon green with an almost yellowish tinge to it."

 

Edit: I hope it's not true, sounds like there going heavy black and ignoring the white.

 

Sounds like BS! This goes against everything we know so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was also asked about the numbers and said:

 

"They’re modern. Supposed to look like skyscrapers."

 

"As far as Nike numbers go, they’re on the more tame side. They are just really really big."

 

The redditor who posted that info also posted in the Broncos subreddit about their draft hat incorporating the Denver flag, which is what we've seen here too so maybe he does have some source about the Jets jerseys.

 

He also posted the Raiders draft hat, which since they didn't have a city, is just the US flag.

 

lnG8mS9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds legit to me his favorite part would be the worst part for me these seem to be what I have came to expect... they are sick...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.