Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

7 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

I hope Columbus chokes hard...

Too late. As Crash pointed out, we're playing with house money now. Not to mention, how, exactly, does a #8 seed choke? It's really not possible. If the Jackets lose in the next round, well, they weren't supposed to be there anyway. It's all gravy from here, buzzkill. 

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Seadragon76 said:

My problem, other then blowing my bracket to high hell? Nothing... My usual punching bag, Detroit, is nowhere to be seen here. So, since I need a punching bag... why not Columbus? They haven't won jack until now.

3ad039f9eece51a4f3383f404d7c9e4a.gif

6fQjS3M.png

2 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I’m glad to have an Eastern Conference equivalent of the Sharks around (even if they have a cup). You just need a reverse sweep and a bearded leader with an obsession with filthy play to complete the transformation!

It has to be to an in-state rival though. And the thought of the Lightning blowing a 3-0 series lead to the Florida G-ddamn Panthers makes me giddy.

First he gives us a Cup. Then he follows it up by sweeping Pittsburgh in the first round. 

If Barry Trotz ever pays for anything in D.C. again their citizens have failed him. 

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

My problem, other then blowing my bracket to high hell? Nothing... My usual punching bag, Detroit, is nowhere to be seen here. So, since I need a punching bag... why not Columbus? They haven't won jack until now.

Newsflash, no one gives a flying :censored: about your stupid bracket. "Looking for a punching bag" just makes you look like, no offense, a no-life loser that gets off on being an ass-hole. If that's what you're going for, congratulations, you've achieved it. I think you're better than this, but you do you, chief. 

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Pick on the Sharks! Lord knows I do.

Lost in the craziness is Long Island pulling off a sweep of its own. What a night for hockey. Congrats to all our Blue Jacket and Islander faithful.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just now, infrared41 said:

Newsflash, no one gives a flying :censored: about your stupid bracket. "Looking for a punching bag" just makes you look like, no offense, a no-life loser that gets off on being n ass-hole. If that's what you're going for, congratulations, you've achieved it. I think you're better than this, but you do you, chief. 

Thanks, but... yeah, I guess I just needed to lash out and well, sometimes that ends up with me doing and/or saying something stupid enough that I end up regretting it. Like now.

9 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Signature intentionally left blank

The only other collapse this compares with is the President's Trophy winning Washington Capitals losing to the Habs in 2010. That went seven though, and the Canadiens probably wouldn't have pulled it out if it wasn't for Halák going beast mode. Here we have the President's Trophy winners going out in a sweep to a team that utterly dominated them in all aspects of the game.

The '96 Wings lost in the Conference Finals. The '07 Patriots and '16 Warriors made it to their respective finals before blowing it. Tampa though? First round sweep. An utter embarrassment. Cooper needs to go and they need to seriously consider moving the captaincy off of Stamkos.

3 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

I guess I just needed to lash out

Why though? I'd get it if you were a Lightning fan, but you're not last time I checked. So why does Tampa's elimination illicit this reaction from you?

Archived