buzzcut

Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

Calm down Blue Jacket fans, even if they end up sweeping the Bolts they still aren't winning the cup. 

Helluva game. The series ain’t over, but you gotta like the Jackets chances. If Bobrovsky can keep playing at this level, these guys are gonna be a tough out. 

1 minute ago, Olmec said:

Calm down Blue Jacket fans, even if they end up sweeping the Bolts they still aren't winning the cup. 

Has anyone said anything about winning the Cup? Nope. How about you let us enjoy this?

5 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Who had Islanders and Blue Jackets respectively both up 3-0 in their series against the NHL's juggernauts?

Be honest. 😋

Anyone that says BJ were going to win in 4 or 5 was lying out their ass (unless they were a BJ fan). 

Islanders honestly don't shock me. I had them as a dark horse in the playoffs. I'd be more shocked if it was Pittsburgh with the 3-0 lead. 

9 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

I still 100% expect Columbus to blow it.   

Reverse jinx?

This team though is going to need another solid 60-minute effort against a team stacked like TB. Kucherov will be back for G4.

The Lightning aren't going to just lay down for Columbus for the 3 count, even if they're trailing the series 3-0.

2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Has anyone said anything about winning the Cup? Nope. How about you let us enjoy this?

I'm just a person on the internet. Enjoy. 

But this team is a B+ player at best

On 4/7/2019 at 2:11 AM, AustinFomBoston said:

Much as I hate to say it, I think Tampa finally bucks that President's Trophy "Jinx" and wins it all this year. They're just too good right now. 

Calgary Fans have my condolences if we get an 04 Rematch.  

On 4/7/2019 at 2:25 AM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

The West looks to be the most intriguing; the East is almost already a wrap.

Lol

1 minute ago, Olmec said:

I'm just a person on the internet. Enjoy. 

But this team is a B+ player at best

Well, "person on the internet", this "B+ player" team is up 3-0 on the best team in the NHL. And they've outplayed the best team in the NHL in every aspect of the game. Make whatever you will of that. We're enjoying our team doing something its never done before. Sue us. B)

The only question left is do I use Boomer or Stinger for my avatar?

13 minutes ago, Olmec said:

We’ve never won a playoff series before. Kindly stfu. 

1 minute ago, Cosmic said:

The only question left is do I use Boomer or Stinger for my avatar?

My guess is a BASS listener would go with Boomer. 

I cannot think of a more comprehensively embarrassing thing to happen to a hockey fan team at any point in the last several decades. Maybe the '94 Red Wings losing in the first round to the third-year expansion franchise Sharks is up there with it, but even that was a seven-game series.

The 128-point Lightning, which even adjusted for point inflation in the post-lockout era is still the best point total in that time, are on the verge of being swept in the first round. Not eliminated; not knocked out in six like the Oilers did the Red Wings in '06, or Halak'd like the Capitals were in 2010 in a seven game series...swept. :censored: in' swept.

But I have to thank them, really. Because, thanks to this, I will literally never take a regular season hockey game seriously ever again in my life. How can I? There could not ever be a better indicator of how useless regular season hockey is, than what is currently unfolding.

(and don't :censored: in' dare hang a Presidents Trophy banner, either. There isn't a Lightning fan on Earth who will ever want to be reminded of this catastrophe.)

Frankly if Columbus pulls off the sweep it'd be almost as big as winning the Cup anyways; they could even raise a banner - "2018-19: UPSET THE STRONGEST TEAM IN 23 YEARS" :P 

13 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Anyone that says BJ were going to win in 4 or 5 was lying out their ass (unless they were a BJ fan). 

Going in, I was just hoping it wouldn't be too embarrassing. 

4 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

(and don't :censored: in' dare hang a Presidents Trophy banner, either. There isn't a Lightning fan on Earth who will ever want to be reminded of this catastrophe.)

Yeah... they probably should have done it in the regular season after they clinched.

24 minutes ago, Olmec said:

WE

DON’T

:censored:ING

CARE

ABOUT

WINNING

THE

CUP

1 minute ago, crashcarson15 said:

WE

DON’T

:censored:ING

CARE

ABOUT

WINNING

THE

CUP

All I care about is winning a series. Whatever happens next is what happens next. 

15 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I cannot think of a more comprehensively embarrassing thing to happen to a hockey fan team at any point in the last several decades. Maybe the '94 Red Wings losing in the first round to the third-year expansion franchise Sharks is up there with it, but even that was a seven-game series.

The 128-point Lightning, which even adjusted for point inflation in the post-lockout era is still the best point total in that time, are on the verge of being swept in the first round. Not eliminated; not knocked out in six like the Oilers did the Red Wings in '06, or Halak'd like the Capitals were in 2010 in a seven game series...swept. :censored: in' swept.

But I have to thank them, really. Because, thanks to this, I will literally never take a regular season hockey game seriously ever again in my life. How can I? There could not ever be a better indicator of how useless regular season hockey is, than what is currently unfolding.

It ain't over yet. If I had to bet on one team in this thing being able to come back from a 3-0 deficit, I'd put my money on your guys. But they need to wake up...and right quick.   

We'll all have a hearty laugh at the Lightning's expense until they sign Erik Karlsson, Artemi Panarin, and Joe Pavelski at league minimum.