Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

We'll all have a hearty laugh at the Lightning's expense until they sign Erik Karlsson, Artemi Panarin, and Joe Pavelski at league minimum.

Yeah, but we'll always have that one time Panarin was on the cover of the Economist. :upside:

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Yeah, but we'll always have that one time Panarin was on the cover of the Economist. :upside:

Overflowing with talent on the overflow feed.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Where does Steven Stamkos rank among the great springtime disappearing acts? I don't remember seeing him do too much in the 2015 Final. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

15 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

It ain't over yet. If I had to bet on one team in this thing being able to come back from a 3-0 deficit, I'd put my money on your guys. But they need to wake up...and right quick.   

Knowing you, I don't doubt your sincerity with these words...but you'll also surely understand why I'm not buying what you're selling, either. 

You know what, though? I got to see a team I root for blow a 3-0 series lead back in 2004. Boston fans were on the other end of blowing one of those in 2010 (which was a wonderful thing for one whole year, until they won the Cup in 2011, sweeping the Flyers in the process, and pretty much were allowed to forget that it ever happened); maybe it's time I get to experience the other end of a 3-0 comeback.

But I'm not about to express any optimism in it at the moment. Check back with me after Tuesday's game, that is, if I haven't already written my own handshake line post.

2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Where does Steven Stamkos rank among the great springtime disappearing acts? I don't remember seeing him do too much in the 2015 Final. 

I think I saw on HF the other day that he has one (1) even strength goal in his last 30 playoff games, and zero assists in his last 15 (updated for tonight). And, as far as the 2015 Final goes, you may remember him not scoring on a breakaway in Game 6 when it was still 0-0. Would've been nice if the Lightning were gonna have any chance of forcing a Game 7, but, nah. Wonderful memories of him not scoring and then Andrej Sustr giving a wide open path for Duncan Keith to score the eventual Cup winning goal. Yeah.

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, the admiral said:

It's gotta be up there, right? Stamkos hasn't scored a single point in this series. Then Kramerica posts this "one (1) even strength goal in his last 30 playoff games, and zero assists in his last 15 (updated for tonight)." There are people in Witness Protection right now who are easier to find. Hard to believe such a talented player has scored exactly as many points in this series as I have. 

BB52Big.jpg

Outside of my usual partisanship, it’s going to be so irritating how the most talented roster San Jose has had so far is going to be done by the end of the week. Yes, I could take the expected digs at Vegas and their fans, justifiably so, but sports are a great reminder that life isn’t fair and then you die. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

1 minute ago, Wings said:

We're probably getting a Caps-Knights rematch. 

The Capitals aren't even convincingly beating the Hurricanes. They're probably going to get demolished by the Islanders in the second round.

3 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Capitals aren't even convincingly beating the Hurricanes. They're probably going to get demolished by the Islanders in the second round.

As great a story as the Isles are in the first round I can see them falling on their faces in the next round. OITGDNHL. 

20 minutes ago, OMMF said:

Thanks for the permission?

Most times, it's best to quit while you're ahead. It's definitely best to quit when you never should have started in the first place. Unless, of course, you don't mind people watching jokes fly over your head. B) 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived