Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

2 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Hey Washington,

You guys DO realize there's a game going on, right?

Apparently not. Outhustled and outplayed in every facet tonight. Hope Reirden lights into them tonight and tomorrow. 

Also, the loss of Michal Kempny looms large. Christian Djoos looked like an AHLer tonight. 

spacer.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About the only thing that went right for the Caps tonight was that Ovi knocked out a 19 year old kid in a fight. Outside of that, they were garbage. Hot stinky garbage.

Better fix that or else Game 4 might be same song, different day.

They didn't even bother to show up; they probably blew their load when Ovie clocked the Canes rook, and played like hollow husks the remainder of the game.

They were already down 1-0 when the fight occurred, and it's the only highlight of the entire night. A game to forget, but a good coach uses games like this as teaching moments.

They dragged your face through the mud and absolutely humiliated you. Don't give them another chance to do that.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

1 hour ago, Lafarge said:

Bergeron and Pastrnak might as well not even dress if they're going to play like they did tonight. Absolutely abysmal effort from the Bruins overall.

You stop that right now. I think Bergeron has earned a little more respect than that. Pastrnak, sure.. that dude is MIA.

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

I want Mitch Marner's babies.

Go Leafs go!

Love you too.

Man...... he is special. Curious to get your take on the officiating for game 3. I thought it was awful on both sides - soft calls against both that I didn’t really agree with. Maybe they were trying to set a tone after the roller derby game 2, either way I hope they find a nice balance for #4.

He once exchanged a grey sweatshirt for a darker grey sweatshirt.

When waitresses ask "soup or salad," he says "i unno."

He traded world peace for the Maple Leafs losing.

He is...the least interesting man on the board.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

What I want more than anything in the world is for the Leafs to lose and the Isles to win. Imagine the look on He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named’s face.

EDIT: There would be no look on his face. Man is so robotic.

I'm starting to get the feeling that we're hurtling towards an Isles/Leafs ECF that'll result in the complete destruction of everything from Suffolk County to Sudbury.

53Ocz8U.png

You're on to something. This could be a Putin psyop to make us think there's discord among the proud Russian people. They've got us right where they want us. Maddow is blackboarding it out as we speak.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, speedy said:

Curious to get your take on the officiating for game 3. I thought it was awful on both sides - soft calls against both that I didn’t really agree with. Maybe they were trying to set a tone after the roller derby game 2, either way I hope they find a nice balance for #4.

I'm in agreement. Officiating was sloppy and inconsistent, but I got the sense they were trying to send a message. I'm hoping that it's a trial and error situation and that game four will see them calling it with some level of consistency.

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

He once exchanged a grey sweatshirt for a darker grey sweatshirt.

When waitresses ask "soup or salad," he says "i unno."

He traded world peace for the Maple Leafs losing.

He is...the least interesting man on the board.

You forgot “He eats his hot dogs plain”

I always wonder what it does to the dressing room when some kid shows up out of college or junior who hasn't been there all year and gets thrown right into the playoffs. The Avs don't seem to mind. 

The Blue Jackets are trying to get Vladislav Gavrikov over from Russia right now, which would help since their bottom 3 defenseman in game 3 were some people named Scott Harrington, Dean Kukan, and Adam Clendening, but I also worry that the delicate chemistry, lightning in a bottle if you will, THANKS, that's working right now will be negatively affected. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

23 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I always wonder what it does to the dressing room when some kid shows up out of college or junior who hasn't been there all year and gets thrown right into the playoffs. The Avs don't seem to mind. 

The Blue Jackets are trying to get Vladislav Gavrikov over from Russia right now, which would help since their bottom 3 defenseman in game 3 were some people named Scott Harrington, Dean Kukan, and Adam Clendening, but I also worry that the delicate chemistry, lightning in a bottle in you will, THANKS, that's working right now will be negatively affected. 

I was gonna make a post about this, because I think it's so odd that this happens somewhat frequently in hockey -- either a dude from college/juniors or someone coming over from Russia, right at the start of the playoffs to join the team.

I guess it's a byproduct of the weird nature of hockey roster rules, but still.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived