Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Columbus earned this. @McCarthy, @crashcarson15, @infrared41, and the rest of the Jackets fans here - congratulations. Take this ride as far as you can. Enjoy it. And, if you face the Bruins in the next round, for g-ds sake, beat them. Hopefully you don't face them, but do that much if you do.

(and, for the sake of authenticity, I don't want any "likes" on this post. For :censored: s sake, my 128-point team just humiliated themselves in the most incredible fashion in the last several decades of hockey. Abiding this one wish is the least you guys can do for me right now.)

spacer.png

McCarthy, infrared, congrats dudes. You’ve put up with this crap enough. Enjoy the rest of the ride. Thanks for engineering one of the biggest upsets in recent memory, one that made me care about another random EC series out of nowhere. 

Kramer, I’ve been in your spot too. It’s rough man - fight through and never lose hope that one day, your boys will pull through and get it done. Sports suck sometimes and that’s just how it is. 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, insert name said:

Is this the biggest upset in NHL history? A Presidents' Trophy wining team getting swept in the First Round has never happened before!

If I have my numbers properly remembered, the 1982 Oilers had 111 points and were eliminated in the first round by the 63-point Kings. That's a 48 point spread. But since more NHL teams (by percentage) made the postseason back then, such an upset was, feasibly, more possible.

More significantly, as I said on the front page, the 2010 Habs were 34 points worse than the Capitals. But that series went seven games, and ended the way it did because of one player - Jaroslav Halak. The Capitals were the better team and ran into some awful luck. You couldn't say any of that here. This was a four-game annihilation and the Jackets were better in every department of play. I would say the degree of domination more than makes up for the three-point difference.

spacer.png

fell in love with this stupid team when i was, like, 6 for some asinine reason

un:censored:ing believable, man

stick tap to the cincinnati/jackets contingent. this thing goes beyond this franchise for that half of ohio, and i’m so, so happy for them

6fQjS3M.png

First off to @McCarthy @crashcarson15 @infrared41 and any other Blue Jackets fans? Congratulations! I’ve seen you all suffer through some really bad hockey. You all deserve this and I hope my Leafs have the honour of playing your guys in the next round. 

As far as the Historic Tampa Bay Lightning President’s Trophy Regular Season Champions? This was an utter embarrassment. A total failure from everyone from the coaching to on-ice “leaders.”

I was salty that Stamkos opted to stay in Tampa rather than play for his hometown Leafs but I have to say. Bullet dodged. 

Jon Cooper? He is a :censored: ing joke. Combine this series with the latter half of the ECF last year? It’s a total failure when it comes to playoff hockey. He needs to go.

This Lightning team will never win the Cup with Cooper as the coach and Stamkos as the team captain. If Cooper is still the head coach tomorrow? They don’t deserve to win.

Congrats Tampa. You’re now Sharks-East. 

5 minutes ago, Brass said:

In all seriousness, hope infrared and McCarthy are enjoying the hell out of this.

Trust me, we are. @crashcarson15 too, I'm sure. I'm as happy for McCarthy as I am for the team. He's been a CBJ fan from day one. If any fan deserved this, it's him. 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived