Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

The Lightning may have the most embarrassing series loss ever, but at least they have a Stanley Cup. Maybe the Sharks should move to Houston and win a couple titles like the previous Quakes did when they became the Dynamo.

Well, they did move to the area between Cleveland and Akron, which went about as well as one could expect. The North Stars proceeded to absorb the team, a la Cell. Of course, once the 1990s rolled around and the Gunds wanted to be in the Bay Area again:

The image of Android 18 unconscious and covered in Cell's puke is an excellent visual analogy for the messiness of the Sharks. 

1 minute ago, habsfan1 said:

I think Washington's gonna get back-to-back Cups.

It is starting to open up for them, isn't it? If the Bruins don't come back, then I believe that gives Washington home ice the rest of the way. 

Frankly, the chances of a Las Vegas-Washington rematch are higher than we probably care to admit.

spacer.png

Just now, Kramerica Industries said:

It is starting to open up for them, isn't it?

Yep. Penguins, Lightning, Blackhawks, all eliminated.

Crosby, McDavid, Kane, Toews, Stamkos, Kucherov, none will be in Round 2.

1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

It is starting to open up for them, isn't it? If the Bruins don't come back, then I believe that gives Washington home ice the rest of the way. 

Frankly, the chances of a Las Vegas-Washington rematch are higher than we probably care to admit.

Like home ice would matter, Capitals have dominated The Bruins for years. 

Yeah, I know regular season, but still. 

Watching these games have given me a little insight here... this year, it's really about throwing the regular season record out.

So far, of the four that have advanced to the 2nd round, the lower seed has advanced in three of the four series (The Islanders are the lone exception). In the other four series, the lower seed currently leads with, again, one exception in Washington.

It sure as hell makes for interesting television.

Can we just save ourselves the trouble and make it written law that the Bruins and Leafs must play 7 games whenever they play in the playoffs?

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived