buzzcut

Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

From a Stanley cup final in your expansion season to potentially being a team to choke a first round series to the San Jose Sharks, that would be harsh.. But end the Sharks franchise if they lose Game 7, shut it down.

If the Leafs lose another game 7 to the Bruins I do not know what to say other than Leafs really are cursed

12 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

If the Leafs lose another game 7 to the Bruins I do not know what to say other than Leafs really are cursed

At this point, I just assume every Canadian team is forever cursed until Gary Bettman brings back the Quebec Nordiques

9 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

At this point, I just assume every Canadian team is forever cursed until Gary Bettman brings back the Quebec Nordiques

So, forever

Reminscent of Fluery botching Nick Foligno's soft OT shot in 2014

18 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

to join @McCarthy’s “DIDN’T START 0-8” banner in the rafters

My dream is to one day replace that with an actual photo of an actual banner. 

13 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

From a Stanley cup final in your expansion season to potentially being a team to choke a first round series to the San Jose Sharks, that would be harsh.

And being a fan of the NHL is a harsh existence. Vegas fans haven't had that experience yet. It'd be good for them.

14 hours ago, MiK said:

Give it a rest dude. We get it.

I like Bucfan, I truly do, but this schtick is getting stale and then some. For a guy who claims he doesn't waste his time following San Jose, he sure comments an awful lot about their shortcomings in this thread.

I appreciate the Sharks making a series out of this and was excited to see Hertl write a check that his ass could actually cash, but they can't continue to get outshot 2-1 on the shots on goal. Especially against an up and coming squad in Colorado who already slayed one giant, the Sharks will need to prove they're more of the team in January that went on a seven game winning streak and not the team that limp-dicked into the playoffs and barely got home ice. 

29 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

And being a fan of the NHL is a harsh existence. Vegas fans haven't had that experience yet. It'd be good for them.

I will give Vegas this, at home they are a fast and compelling team to watch. And even if they are all bandwagoners, the T-Mobile crowd has put San Jose to shame. I really don't buy The Tank being this top-tier home ice advantage it may have been a decade ago. Will it be rocking tomorrow night, sure that's not the question. But compared to Calgary, Vegas, heck even the Islanders, the seventh man is severely lacking right now in Northern California.

All those niceities out of the way, welcome to Thunderdome Knights fans. Your asses are long overdue to pay back some of those receipts. 

42 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

I like Bucfan, I truly do, but this schtick is getting stale and then some. For a guy who claims he doesn't waste his time following San Jose, he sure comments an awful lot about their shortcomings in this thread.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It’s superstition, damnit! I have to keep the negativity going because if I don’t I’ll jinx them and they’ll lose a big playoff series and it’ll be ALL MY FAULT...

spacer.png

If the Sharks win game 7 they are clearly the favorites in the West but it's on them to prove it. 

24 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It’s superstition, damnit! I have to keep the negativity going because if I don’t I’ll jinx them and they’ll lose a big playoff series and it’ll be ALL MY FAULT...

Yeah, because as we all know, the Sharks have never lost a big playoff series so your “negativity schtick” is really working.

2 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Yeah, because as we all know, the Sharks have never lost a big playoff series so your “negativity schtick” is really working.

spacer.png

Speaking of crowds, Carolina’s has been pretty impressive through three games. Correct me if I’m wrong (I watched basically zero regular season hockey, and certainly not Carolina regular season), but isn’t this the team that’s constantly in relocation rumors cause, you know, no one shows up to the games?

9 hours ago, speedy said:

@Ice_Cap Welp, here we go..

That was....harsh.
Oh well. Constant drinking until Tuesday it is.

That no-goal was bologna. Why are you intending to blow the whistle if it’s clear the goalie doesn’t have control of the puck?

What the hell are you doing, Capitals? This series shoulda been over by now.