Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Eakin got him good with the crosscheck, his head was hitting the ice whether Stastny came in to finish it off or not. 

Yep. It's clear watching that gif that Pavelski's skates are both off the ice and he's falling straight back before Stastny even makes contact with him. He was going down hard.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

It was an awkward fall more than anything. It really should have only been a minor penalty for cross-checking but the refs made a reactionary decision based on Pavelski lying motionless on the ice bleeding. If he doesn't make contact with Stastny while falling, I think he gets back up no problem and there's most likely no penalty called. But that contact just twists his body into a really dangerous position. I didn't really see any malice or intent. It was just a really unfortunate incident.

With that said, Vegas has no excuse allowing 4 goals during that penalty kill.

Great comeback by the Sharks.

spacer.png

I’m very scared. So far this has played out exactly like Game 6, in that the Caps started good and then faltered as the game went on. My fingernails will be on the endangered species list after tonight. 

spacer.png

On 4/23/2019 at 6:47 PM, Lafarge said:

Any Islanders fans around? How does getting farther than Tavares feel?

Really damn good!

Fun fact, Pajama Boy met with 5 teams last year during the "talking period" (TOR, SJ, DAL, BOS, NYI) 4 of them are in the second round of the playoffs...🤣😎

I have a feeling this one is headed into OVERTIME.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

2 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

WHY must everything be difficult. I’m not ready for Game 7 OT. No one ever is. 

As a fan of no team, just playoff hockey, I can safely say I am ready for Game 7 OT.

It's where I sit.

The Hurricanes I could see that they want it more. But the Capitals are clearly the more talented team.

A blown 2 on 1 and at least another good chance that I spotted earlier, again they didn't get a good shot on net.

Man, unless the broadcast is reflecting it poorly, this crowd is really lame. I realize that this series probably should have ended in 5 or 6 but it's going to double OT in game 7. You gotta be amped up and letting the players feed off that enthusiasm.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, MiK said:

Man, unless the broadcast is reflecting it poorly, this crowd is really lame. I realize that this series probably should have ended in 5 or 6 but it's going to double OT in game 7. You gotta be amped up and letting the players feed off that enthusiasm.

They didn't get enough Parking Lot Pork

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Cup obviously didn’t take away the nervous energy Caps’ home playoff crowds are known for.

I took one period of torture - I won’t take another. Early start tomorrow, I’m going to bed. See you all in the morning - hopefully with good news. Some thoughts before I doze off:

-This game is a microcosm for the entire series. Caps start strong, fade bad down the stretch. Carolina wants it more and it shows in them dominating large stretches of play, but unable to fully capitalize. 

-Braden Holtby is the reason we are in a 2OT, for better or worse. Some pretty soft goals during regulation but very good in OT. 

-Not going to say the Caps don’t want it, but I don’t see the desperation from players like Ovi, Backstrom, and Niskanen that I saw last year. 

-How do Slavin and Pesce keep getting on the ice at the same time as Ovechkin? We have last change! Maybe I’m missing something, but it appears Todd Reirden still has a lot to learn. 

spacer.png

Ovechkin would have done Ovechkin things by now if he were going to. Even with Vegas out, we're still going to have a team of artless second-liners going too far.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived