Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems that the more series upset Admiral and make him shake his cane, the more I enjoy the playoffs.  Please continue, everyone.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Really not taking anything away from Carolina and, in the abstract, not mad they won at all. Hard to say it wasn't deserved, either.

But, cripes, the Bruins now being the Cup favorites is not a world I wanted to be living in. As if the Lightning humiliating themselves to shreds wasn't enough, the nightmare postseason in my head is, slowly but surely, starting to play itself out in reality. 

spacer.png

When the Capitals went up 3-1 and on they way to a commercial break, Kenny Albert said "No miracles tonight" I went "Why would say that after what happened in San Jose last night?" Sure enough, Carolina was like, not so fast Kenny. Hurricanes were outmatched in the first 20-30 minutes of this game, then Justin Williams did what he does and the Canes took over.

Islanders, Hurricanes, Blue Jackets, Bruins: One of these teams will be in the Stanley Cup Final.

Sharks, Blues, Avalanche, Stars: One of these teams will be in the Stanley Cup Final.

---

Let's Go Blue Jackets!!

spacer.png

Who in God's name saw this coming?

Anyway, this set up nicely for the Islanders, but you can never look past the PLAYOFF CANES. I've been using it as a personal meme lately. Essentially PLAYOFF CANES is what you think it is– regular season they generally are mediocre. Playoff time they become world beaters OUT OF NOWHERE, as seen in 2002, 2006, and 2009. Anyway, take advantage of them being in a taxing series and go for the kill right away, Isles

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Holy :censored:. People complain about the Stanley Cup playoffs being bonkers, but this year they really are bonkers. If you go back 10 years the Cup Winners are the Capitals, Penguins, Blackhawks, Kings, and Bruins. Most of the time it's two good teams playing in the final. This year though? This is madness.

If ever there was a year for the Columbus Goddamn Blue Jackets to win the goddamn Stanley Cup........

PvO6ZWJ.png

12 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

So who had Columbus, Carolina, and Colorado all playing in round two? 

This has got to be the weirdest group of teams in a while. Only 2 teams have made the Stanley Cup in the past decade and only has won it. 

On the whole Vegas Pavelski Penalty thing, this is why I want Vegas people to shut up, especially Marchessault. Not only do you have no excuse to allow 4 power play goals in 5 minutes (Keep in mind, a power play goal in a normal 2 minute Minor happens like 20% of the time) they lost on a shorthanded goal in Game 6. They don’t have an excuses left. The Knights totally blew that series. 

In other, news, skies look clear for a Bruins cup. Except for the fact that the Bluejackets, Islanders, and Hurricanes (still super weird) are the only East teams left, and none of them scare me. That’s a problem. That normally means I should be scared. 

So, yeah, I’m worried about my B’s. Do you all feel the same?

P.S. THE CAPS LOST WOOOOOOO!!!

9 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

But, cripes, the Bruins now being the Cup favorites is not a world I wanted to be living in. As if the Lightning humiliating themselves to shreds wasn't enough, the nightmare postseason in my head is, slowly but surely, starting to play itself out in reality. 

Who knows? Maybe my Blue Jackets will end your nightmare. 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived