buzzcut

Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

BJ's started out pretty flat, but lucky for them Bobrovsky didn't. 

Things really started to click for them the further on the game went, unfortunate (for them) B's we able to force OT. 

Really close game, looks to be a really fun series. 

I was just thinking, “hey Rask has been pretty good so far- 

2 goals in 13 seconds?

The 2nd one was awful. I can’t believe they let that up. 

But Coyle was pretty good. That OT goal was set up really good. Winning game 1 is pretty huge. Jackets are pretty tough though, I’ll give them that. Should be a pretty tight series. 6-7 games.

slowly coming to the realization that Boston is going to have all four championships at once and no please god no help me I want to get off the ride

10 hours ago, JG36 said:

I was just thinking, “hey Rask has been pretty good so far- 

2 goals in 13 seconds?

The 2nd one was awful. I can’t believe they let that up. 

But Coyle was pretty good. That OT goal was set up really good. Winning game 1 is pretty huge. Jackets are pretty tough though, I’ll give them that. Should be a pretty tight series. 6-7 games.

I'm a bonafide Rask hater, but what is he going to do with either of those goals? 

7 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Scheduling loss. 

Re Rest vs Rest -  Bob: Rest good. Team: Rust. They picked it up from the 2nd on though, started to look like the team that beat Tampa. Bob legitimately scares me the same way Price/Holtby do in terms of being able to single handedly swing a series.

37 minutes ago, speedy said:

I'm a bonafide Rask hater, but what is he going to do with either of those goals? 

Re Rest vs Rest -  Bob: Rest good. Team: Rust. They picked it up from the 2nd on though, started to look like the team that beat Tampa. Bob legitimately scares me the same way Price/Holtby do in terms of being able to single handedly swing a series.

The second goal especially, that was a weird deflection that happened to go in the 5 hole while rask was still setting for where he believe the shot was going before the deflection.

4 hours ago, speedy said:

In case you either don't know or didn't realize it - McCarthy was joking. "Scheduling loss" was an actual excuse used for the Red Wings losing a playoff game several years back on this website by...somebody. 

GFB, a far better poster than being the butt of such a joke would normally indicate.

Pff, Barclays Center. I believe the emoticon the Islanders meant to use was 😳 or maybe🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️

Now I don’t really wanna see the Bruins win this series, or the Cup, but man it felt good to see Charlie Coyle score the OT winner. Always been one of my favorite players, even if he was pretty bad the last couple of seasons in Minnesota. Glad he’s doing well in Boston, at least in the playoffs...

Hey, at least it's been 8 years since the Bruins last won. It's not like it's the Red Sox or Patriots winning again. Hell, my own team has won 2 Cups since Boston last won their's...

^That's much less than what a large portion of the league has gone through, though.

Only four teams have won a title more recently than the Bruins have.

5 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

In case you either don't know or didn't realize it - McCarthy was joking. "Scheduling loss" was an actual excuse used for the Red Wings losing a playoff game several years back on this website by...somebody. 

I got it. Just following up on a Rest/Rust debate we had a few days ago. Probably should’ve quoted that but I didn’t want to dig through the pile of Vegas hate.

This Islanders/Canes match is bananas.

Both teams are scary good.

2 hours ago, Quillz said:

Hey, at least it's been 8 years since the Bruins last won. It's not like it's the Red Sox or Patriots winning again. Hell, my own team has won 2 Cups since Boston last won their's...

Funny, that could be 3 different teams, yet there’s only been 7 cups since then.

The thing about the Bruins is that they are the least successful of Boston teams. Either way, I get why people are annoyed at the potential of another Boston championship.

However, I am one of few who aren’t opposed to a Quadruple crown of Boston titles.

This Isles game is one of the worst officiated games I've seen in a long time.

Really outstanding goaltending in this game

Either the Isles or Canes are going to win the Cup. Mark my words.

WOOO LETS GO SHARKS! 

Avs in 4, baby. Avs in 4.