buzzcut

Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

59 minutes ago, Quillz said:

New England Revolution?

You'd be hard pressed to find many people in Boston who'd call the Revolution a major sports teams. You rarely if ever see ads for the team, sports bars rarely have any revolution related memorabilia anywhere. To be perfectly honest, Boston cares infinitely more about its college hockey teams than it does the Revolution.

13 minutes ago, Lafarge said:

You'd be hard pressed to find many people in Boston who'd call the Revolution a major sports teams. You rarely if ever see ads for the team, sports bars rarely have any revolution related memorabilia anywhere. To be perfectly honest, Boston cares infinitely more about its college hockey teams than it does the Revolution.

I know that the Revolution exist, but to be it’s just a way to get money out of Gillette when the Pats are in the off-season. I don’t care about them and couldn’t name a single player.

The Revolution would likely be a lot more respected if they weren't The Buffalo Bills of MLS. 

They could have had a dynasty concurrent with The Patriots, but unlike The Pats, The Revs choked away every championship.  

A few running thoughts here:

This is :censored:ing awful hockey to watch and also why I didn’t want any part of the Bruins. This series was always going to be a scrap, and that was always going to benefit Boston.

I want this series to be over, so I don’t have to listen to Mike Milbury do more Bruins games.

I’m afraid this is gonna be like the Penguins series two years ago for the Jackets, which is an incredibly frustrating series where they’re not really much worse than the opponent at all, but are going to go down 3-0 and either get swept or gentleman’s swept.

It's over for Columbus. It was fun while it lasted.

The Bruins aren't the Lightning.

The Bruins playing lazy is going to prevent them from winning it all. They literally haven’t had a good 2nd period once this playoffs.

The first line has been embarrassing.

The Blue Jackets really seemed to come to life the last half of that period.

My wife said "our coach doesn't look like he knows anything about hockey. He looks like an economics professor that bid to coach one game for charity."

1 hour ago, crashcarson15 said:

I want this series to be over, so I don’t have to listen to Mike Milbury do more Bruins games.

You should’ve heard Emrick and Milbury last year when we beat the Penguins. I think they were in mourning for six games. 

Patrice Bergeron is garbage. You can sit there and say how hems “earned respect” or some other BS, he’s been complete trash in these playoffs and lost the game because he was lazy. 

Cant wait for everyone to blame Tuukka for the Bruins not winning the Cup when the first line forgot how hockey works.

2 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

It's over for Columbus. It was fun while it lasted.

The Bruins aren't the Lightning.

IT WORKED! 😁

SERIES TIED 1-1!!

That was rough, ugly, nerve wracking, and a huge win for the Jackets. They had to take this one. 

Hoping for the Jackets. Please be good on home ice. So sick of Boston. (Can you blame me as of 2018? The Dodgers and Rams keep giving them championships).

4 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

That was rough, ugly, nerve wracking

Aren't the playoffs fun! 😋 🙂

That was an exhausting game and I don't even care who wins.

I have a feeling this is going to be another 7 game series. 

And it really shouldn't be. If Begeron & Pastanark ever showed up, this series would be over in 4 or 5. 

Tuukka is always the guy people blame, but he's actually been pretty damn good these playoffs. When Charlie Coyle is carrying your ass, you know you're in trouble. 

Also doesn't help that Bobrovsky is just too good right now. 

This might be the only real chance for the Sharks to win the Cup. They had no real shot at beating the Pens in 2016. It's the Sharks so you would think something has to go wrong. 

As I said, I only casually watch hockey. But one thing I just found out was they did not revert to the pre-1993 playoff format like I thought they did beginning in 2014, as non-division rivals can meet in the second round. I actually preferred that older setup, even if made the playoff matchups more predictable. But on the other hand, the current structure rewards stronger divisions.

2 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

IT WORKED! 😁

SERIES TIED 1-1!!

Oh so now my style is en vogue...