Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

19 hours ago, ninersdd said:

Since 1999, the Hurricanes have made the same number of final 4’s as the Red Wings.

And potentially the same number of Cups pending the results of this season

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Normally, there’s a bunch of teams I can root for, and the one or two I don’t like end up winning. This year, it seems like every team I have a grudge with is still in the mix.

3 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Normally, there’s a bunch of teams I can root for, and the one or two I don’t like end up winning. This year, it seems like every team I have a grudge with is still in the mix.

Seems like the exact opposite for me, except for the Bruins.

Signature intentionally left blank

Jackets have trailed for most of the last two games now, and they’ve generally been outplayed during that time. Two straight third periods where Boston has come out and dominated them, despite the game state favoring Columbus pressure.

Not sure what suddenly went on here, but there’s just no sense of urgency here. They’re probably exhausted because this team functionally has three forward lined. Adam Clendening keeps making big mistakes because :censored: Nikita Kucherov.

6fQjS3M.png

I hate this Bruins team so much. They literally just stop playing every single time they take what should be a comfortable lead.

edit: Thankfully the first line decided to be great again and Charlie McAvoy died for our sins.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

McAvoy took one for the team. The Jackets beat the crap out of him after he fell on the puck, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do to win. Rask looked great... that is, until they scored 3 goals in 3 and a half minutes. But they had some good goals to counter Bobrovsky and his unreal saves. Pasta finally showed, Marchand as well. When the stars are shining, they can be the best team on the ice in any game. Sooo glad they didn’t blow that though, I was pretty worried when they started scoring. 

I know hockey players are tough blah blah blah, but if a goalie is writhing around in pain for that long, I don’t know what the hell Dallas was thinking keeping him in.

Archived