buzzcut

Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

Recommended Posts

2009.

I still hold a grudge.

(Also I miss the Whale)

 

Go Bruins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruins toughest match-ups are definitely behind them (Columbus, Toronto).

They've also been fortunate to avoid other extremely unfavorable matchups for them (Capitals, Lightning). 

 

Hurricanes getting swept in the ECF would be the perfect payback for Tom Dundon killing the AAF.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AustinFomBoston said:

Bruins toughest match-ups are definitely behind them (Columbus, Toronto).

They've also been fortunate to avoid other extremely unfavorable matchups for them (Capitals, Lightning). 

 

Hurricanes getting swept in the ECF would be the perfect payback for Tom Dundon killing the AAF.
 

 

🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6-1... woof.

 

Maybe Carolina can their mojo back at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Bruins toughest match-ups are definitely behind them (Columbus, Toronto).

They've also been fortunate to avoid other extremely unfavorable matchups for them (Capitals, Lightning). 

 

Don't get ahead of yourself, the Capitals were up 2-0 as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

 

🙄

Yeah, I know there were a lot of other factors than just him. But he's still very much apart of it. 

 

4 minutes ago, Lafarge said:

Don't get ahead of yourself, the Capitals were up 2-0 as well.

Sure, I just mean the Hurricanes don't scare me as much Toronto or the BJ's did. 

Still a series, and the Bruins have blown even a 3-0 series lead before. 

 I just think Carolina has been the most favorable matchup the Bruins have had so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Choreographers never prosper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Yeah, I know there were a lot of other factors than just him. But he's still very much apart of it. 

 

Sure, I just mean the Hurricanes don't scare me as much Toronto or the BJ's did. 

Still a series, and the Bruins have blown even a 3-0 series lead before. 

 I just think Carolina has been the most favorable matchup the Bruins have had so far. 

 

I agree, I think the Bruins are clearly the more talented team. But hockey is fickle, so I'm never going to not be worried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's over for the Canes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

It's over for the Canes.

 

It looked over when the Capitals routed them 6-0 in game 5.  I'm not counting them out until they lose at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Carolina gets wrecked in Game 3, on home ice, I don't think the series will be heading back to Boston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

If Carolina gets wrecked in Game 3, on home ice, I don't think the series will be heading back to Boston.

 

I don't think it is anyway. People who might want to compare this to the first round, realize that those first two games ended 4-2 (with an ENG) and 4-3 in OT. Close games that, especially the second one, could've gone the other way easily. Carolina was also still playing on that "playoff push" buzz. It's often said that a sweep can be a dangerous way of winning a playoff series when it comes to what happens down the road because it's too much down time. Carolina went six days between games after they finished off the Islanders. Their buzz has disappeared and, lets be perfectly honest, they're playing a much better team. More high-end talent, more depth, and a hell of a lot more experience. The Bruins were probably no worse than the third most likely team to win the East, and the two teams in front of them were knocked out in the first round (:censored: you, Lightning). None of this is a surprise.

 

Losing 5-2 and 6-1 isn't one of those things that "but we got home ice" solves. Besides, the Bruins are 4-2 away from home this postseason. They've actually played better hockey in the prior two rounds away from home than they did at the Garden. 

 

This was never gonna be close. If the Hurricanes make me look imbicilic later on, I'll take it. I don't expect that to happen, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isles sweep Penguins.

Canes sweep Isles.

Bruins sweep Canes.

Sharks sweep Bruins.

 

You guys owe me ten bucks if I'm right. Each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

Isles sweep Penguins.

Canes sweep Isles.

Bruins sweep Canes.

Sharks sweep Bruins.

 

You guys owe me ten bucks if I'm right. Each.

Well it’ll be the Blues sweeping the Bruins, so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a good sign for the Hurricanes when the shot total isn't heavily skewed in their favor, which is like their entire thing and the entire reason the statboys love them so much. If Mrazek isn't sharp they're toast. 

 

SIGH. What could've been for the Blue Jackets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Not a good sign for the Hurricanes when the shot total isn't heavily skewed in their favor, which is like their entire thing and the entire reason the statboys love them so much. If Mrazek isn't sharp they're toast. 

 

SIGH. What could've been for the Blue Jackets. 

 

 

No doubt in my mind they'd be up 2-0 right now as well. Rask doomed Columbus, outside of that it was a terrific match-up that could've gone either way. 

 

Mrazek needs to take a seat. He certainly made some great saves yesterday, but he also let up some really, really bad goals. Curious to see who's between the pipes tomorrow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one we should all be mad at is Toronto for laying a dud in games 6 and 7. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bucfan56 said:

The one we should all be mad at is Toronto for laying a dud in game 7. 

 

And game 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.