Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, selby56 said:

Unreal goaltending from both sides in that first period. 

I dunno, besides that one fantastic save by McElhinney on Marchand, it's been pretty normal. Several of his sprawling saves were the result of the Bruins trying to make too many passes and flubbing the puck right to him. He's definitely played well, but unreal is a bit much.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Some good saves, but has anyone else got the vibe that commentators have been playing up rather routine saves this postseason? I mean, Emrick will play up Bergeron taking a leak between periods, but most commentators are reacting like they’re watching Hasek in his prime.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

6 minutes ago, Brass said:

Some good saves, but has anyone else got the vibe that commentators have been playing up rather routine saves this postseason? I mean, Emrick will play up Bergeron taking a leak between periods, but most commentators are reacting like they’re watching Hasek in his prime.

Definitely. I'm personally a fan of how astonished Patrick Sharp is of very obvious things. Tonight, he's astonished that a line with a Hall of Famer, a 100-point scorer, and one of the best young scorers in the league is making an impact this series.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Carolina ran into a literal brick wall in this series. That's the only thing you can say for the Hurricanes... granted, they had an amazing run. But, sometimes your luck just runs out.

Now, here's the tricky part for Boston: Do they want San Jose to take out the Blues quickly so they can keep this momentum going or do they want that series to go the distance and get rest for their banged up players?

This Bunch of Jerks made it a lot further than anyone thought they would. Proud of this team, it was one of the most memorable seasons I’ve experienced as a Hurricanes fan. The future looks bright. 

T1oYViW.png

10 minutes ago, tp49 said:

So the Islanders swept the Penguins, Got swept by Carolina who got swept by Boston.  Does this mean Boston will get swept by whoever comes out of the west?

Yes. By San Jose.

Carolina was just outclassed that entire series. It was the worst possible match up for them, and the best for The Bruins. I think nearly any other team (Islanders, Caps, Pens) would have been a tougher match up for them (no offense to Hurricanes).  

Now for America's worst nightmare, the Boston Triple Crown!

tenor.gif?itemid=4552944

Before the series a lot of the statboys' models had the Hurricanes winning that series because they generate a ton of shots, which the Bruins all limited to nowhere near the slot and it never even felt hard for them. I honestly think the Dom Luscycuczins and other advanced analytics people need to reconsider their predictive algorithms because they've been dreadful all playoffs, if not all season. 

:censored: Boston. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived