Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

I just wanted the Sharks to do is beat Vegas in round one and I would be happy, but once Pavelski was injured anything beyond the Sharks finishing Game 7 strong was icing on the cake.

Will I be disappointed if the Sharks get eliminated Tuesday or Thursday? Yeah. Partly because I know it might be a while before the get the chance to return to the Stanley Cup Final with all the Free agents they have when the season ends.

It's hard for me to shake the feeling that I'd rather the Sharks not win the cup this year as she people will say the Sharks didn't earn it and I would feel like I can't wear my Sharks gear anywhere but when I'm in San Jose.  

While I really want Jumbo to get a Stanley Cup, I truly think that is also icing on the cake in terms of his career.  He is one of the best passers of all-time and is a no doubt Hall-of-Famer. Don't get me wrong, I definitely want him and the Sharks to get a Stanley Cup, but plenty of greats never got one. We'll see what happens Tuesday and possibly Thursday. 

Also, Pierre's "Did you expect you were going to win like that today" question to the Blues player. WTF was that Pierre? One of the reasons Pierre disturbs me.

It also reminded me that just once in any of the major sports, I want a conversation to go like the following:

Sideline Reporter: So, you think you're going to win tonight?

Player of Winning Team: Nope, we stink, we'll be lucky if we keep it close.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only glimmer of hope today was the announcers says the team with the longest rest has lost in the Finals for the past six years. Let's go rust!

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

The only glimmer of hope today was the announcers says the team with the longest rest has lost in the Finals for the past six years. Let's go rust!

Each of the six previous winners were also pretty clearly the favorites as well.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

46 minutes ago, Lafarge said:

Each of the six previous winners were also pretty clearly the favorites as well.

I’m afraid I’ll have to ask you to leave, sir.

7 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Their regular sweaters - even with white numbers - are very good on their own.

I’d argue the white numbers look better than the yellow ones. Those blue jerseys are absolutely gorgeous. 

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

I’d argue the white numbers look better than the yellow ones. Those blue jerseys are absolutely gorgeous. 

I've gotten used to the white numbers, but they still don't look right to me.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I heard something about the Blues playing "Gloria" after wins. I thought that was really cool. Then I found out it was the Laura Branigan one and not the Patti Smith one. Withdrawn.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

15 hours ago, the admiral said:

I heard something about the Blues playing "Gloria" after wins. I thought that was really cool. Then I found out it was the Laura Branigan one and not the Patti Smith one. Withdrawn.

What do ya have against Laura Branigan?

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

19 hours ago, Mockba said:

I've gotten used to the white numbers, but they still don't look right to me.

I don't even think I've gotten used to them.  For some reason they really dominate the visual for me...they just are, I don't know, loud (which is ironic for a neutral shade).  It's a pretty significant downgrade for me.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

15 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

White numbers on blue look fine - see Tampa Bay & Toronto - but they just don't look like the Blues when they have that.

The white numbers make it look like they're a men's league team or a junior team wearing the Blues template. They need the yellow numbers. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived