buzzcut

Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

So no Erik Karlsson or Tomas Hertl in the lineup for the Sharks in Game 6.  Should we just call the choke job complete tonight?

13 minutes ago, tp49 said:

So no Erik Karlsson or Tomas Hertl in the lineup for the Sharks in Game 6.  Should we just call the choke job complete tonight?

Wouldn't really call it a choke, more like throwing in the towel. 

The term "choke" is incredibly overrused.  Being up 3-0 and losing a series is a choke.  Running away with the Presidents Trophy and getting swept in the first round is a choke.

Losing the conference final 4-2 to a team that finished two points behind you in the regular season?  Not a choke.

Good :censored:ing riddance. 

A Stanley  Cup rematch 49 years in the making. Have we seen anything like this happen before? Will this be the longest championship rematch of all time? (Between meetings)

Alright, that’s enough from me. See y’all again next year when I’ll be back to mock the Sharks for being a buncha teal clad losers again. 

Go Blues. They’re definitely gonna get curbstomped, but go Blues. 

This is the first time in my lifetime that the Blues will be in the Stanley Cup Final.  I am not a young man.

Is this real life?

Eliminated shark do do do do do do

Eliminated shark do do do do do do

Well, I handled the Super Bowl pretty well I thought, so of course another one of my teams faces a Boston team in the finals because the fates have a sense of humor or like to test me.

Posted (edited)

Will the Blues be the 3rd different St. Louis team to lose to Boston in a championship series/game in this century? Or can they end the suffering against big bad Beantown

The only teams from St. Louis to never lose to Boston were the Browns and the football Cardinals

Edited by TrueYankee26

The yearly ritual:

Glub. Glub. Glub. Dead Shark. 

Just now, TrueYankee26 said:

Will the Blues be the 3rd different St. Louis team to lose to Boston in a championship series/game? Or can they end the suffering against big bad Beantown

The only teams from St. Louis to never lose to Boston were the Browns and the football Cardinals

Easy to do when you almost never made the playoffs.

1 minute ago, rams80 said:

Easy to do when you almost never made the playoffs.

It's like saying how interesting it is that the Celtics played the Lakers in the finals all the time but never played the other Los Angeles team.

For the Saint Louis Blues, it might be best going in with the mentality that there's still one opponent left.

The celebrating needs to come, only after Boston is defeated.

May whoever wins the Stanley Cup do so on the road, wearing the jersey they didn't needlessly mess up for change's sake. 🍷

A rematch 50 years in the making! 

Congrats Blues & here's to a great series!

My Dad was a huge Bruins fan when he was growing up, so this will be a great series to watch him. 

Also I never realized Boston & St Louis are the only cities to have played each other for the Championship of all 4 Sports. 

8 minutes ago, rams80 said:

Well, I handled the Super Bowl pretty well I thought, so of course another one of my teams faces a Boston team in the finals because the fates have a sense of humor or like to test me.

So.... We meet again...

Just now, mcj882000 said:

May whoever wins the Stanley Cup do so on the road, wearing the jersey they didn't needlessly mess up for change's sake. 🍷

Wow, That just made me realize how bad that Bobby Orr "Flying Goal" Photo would be if Bruins were wearing white.