Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

So we don't get our Penguins quad Sweep, and we don't even get 0-16. 😒

Shut up Taawwmmy.

I need a disco ball with a Blues logo on it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

In the last three SCF, we've seen teams in San Jose, Nashville, Washington DC, Las Vegas and St. Louis all earn their first SCF wins in their franchise histories.

So, does this trend continue for a fourth year? I don't know, both Columbus and Winnipeg are headed down the one-way track known as Cap [censored], but if I have to say one; I think it'd be Winnipeg.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

3 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

In the last three SCF, we've seen teams in San Jose, Nashville, Washington DC, Las Vegas and St. Louis all earn their first SCF wins in their franchise histories.

So, does this trend continue for a fourth year? I don't know, both Columbus and Winnipeg are headed down the one-way track known as Cap [censored], but if I have to say one; I think it'd be Winnipeg.

This is currently the fourth year.

2016 - SJS

2017 - NSH

2018 - WSH and VGK

2019 - STL

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Yup. 1-16 at least takes away the 0-16 monkey off their back.

Eh, the 0-12 to start off with feels like it almost doesn't count because of how screwed the western expansion teams were at that time. It was a far cry from what Vegas got to start with.

3 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

This has to be one of the worst Finals performances I've ever seen out of a team. 

Blues are lucky they scraped by in Game 2, otherwise they'd be in a 3-0 hole after a major ass kicking.  

I wouldn’t say they scraped by in game 2. They clearly played better than Boston in just about every facet of the game Tuuka just kept them in it until OT. 

Game 3 was a perfect microcosm of how a flawless Power Play can essentially turn an even strength game into a 5 on 4 advantage all the time.

St. Louis got punched in the gut, and kneed in the nuts, got their face rubbed in the dirt, and got spit on for good measure.

One can hope the Blues can find a way to come back in Game 4. Otherwise, this series is heading back to Beantown with Boston up 3-1. And, I don't think it'll be heading back to St. Louis if that's the case.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

St. Louis needs to figure out how to stay out of the box.  Period.  Seems like every time I looked Boston was on the PP and it's difficult to win when you're constantly shorthanded. 

On 5/22/2019 at 5:53 AM, charger77 said:

Trade for Marleau!

Are you talking real-life Sharks or in NHL 19? If it's the latter, I tried and if I remember correctly, the Leafs wanted Timo Meier and a first round pick for Marleau.

On 5/22/2019 at 6:18 AM, Maroon said:

Classy sentiments. In spite of how the last couple of games went, I think it was a very evenly matched series. I think the difference really just came down to the Blues depth and ability to withstand a hard fought series. I have no animosity towards the Sharks and wish them all the best in the future.

Now LET'S GO BLUES!

I'm rooting for the Blues as well. No hard feelings against them at all, but now please beat the Bruins. :)

Sorry for the delay in response, don't frequent this site as much as I used to.

Gotta think tonight's game is a must-win for the Blues. Even though they've already won a game in Boston this series, it's tough to see them winning two more elimination games there.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Bagel said:

Gotta think tonight's game is a must-win for the Blues. Even though they've already won a game in Boston this series, it's tough to see them wining two more elimination games there.

Absolutely a must win.

They're going to have to do it using some finesse, the ground-and-pound style they've been executing hasn't worked, and won't work against this Bruins team. See: Columbus - and I think they had a lot more skill than St. Louis does.

44 minutes ago, speedy said:

Absolutely a must win.

They're going to have to do it using some finesse, the ground-and-pound style they've been executing hasn't worked, and won't work against this Bruins team. See: Columbus - and I think they had a lot more skill than St. Louis does.

I realize no Bruins fan is going to say this right now, or would've said it at the time, but I did say it at the time and I'll reiterate it now - the Jackets-B's series was going to produce the Cup winner, one way or the other. We all knew Carolina was going to get curbstomped, especially if they got Boston. Neither of the last two from the West are bad teams, but neither would be favored either, I would think. I would've picked Columbus over either of those two teams as well.

Timestamp checks out.

spacer.png

Archived