Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I realize no Bruins fan is going to say this right now, or would've said it at the time, but I did say it at the time and I'll reiterate it now - the Jackets-B's series was going to produce the Cup winner, one way or the other. We all knew Carolina was going to get curbstomped, especially if they got Boston. Neither of the last two from the West are bad teams, but neither would be favored either, I would think. I would've picked Columbus over either of those two teams as well.

Timestamp checks out.

That's actually what I thought at the time as well. 

With Toronto & Tampa out, I honestly thought Boston & Columbus were the best teams left in the whole playoffs. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yikes. What a change from Saturday night. I’ve never seen a more fragile forecheck than what I witnessed tonight from the Bruins. And their “whoopsie!” attitude when inevitably turning the puck over (Marchand, Pastrnak) and letting the Blues mount a rush is not that type of effort you’d expect in the SCF.

Better regroup going home.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I don't know what the hell the Bruins were on tonight, I swear everyone on the team was more surprised by the actions of their teammates than anything the Blues were doing. I saw more passes dink off the skates or stick of some guy who wasn't even looking. And getting chased all the way back to your own goal late in the game like that is awful.

The Bruins just can't show up two games in a row (Carolina doesn't count). This series is turning into the Blackhawks again. Lazy play hanging Rask out to dry, the first line just disappearing. I'll be shocked if the B's actually win the series.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

So far, this series has followed the pattern for the Blues that the last series did - L, W, L, W, with the first two on the road and the next two at home. 

They went to San Jose and clobbered the Sharks in Game 5. I don't think anyone can put a 5-0 beating on the Bruins at the Garden, but my suspicion is at this point that the Game 5 winner will also win Game 6. Get 'em, St. Louis.

spacer.png

I don't think the Blues will have any problem stealing another one on the road, the question is whether they can handle the pressure of what will either be a clinching or elimination scenario at home.  At any rate I expect this one to go the full seven.  Go Blues!

I will not hope until "Loss in 6" is out of play.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

18 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I realize no Bruins fan is going to say this right now, or would've said it at the time, but I did say it at the time and I'll reiterate it now - the Jackets-B's series was going to produce the Cup winner, one way or the other. We all knew Carolina was going to get curbstomped, especially if they got Boston. Neither of the last two from the West are bad teams, but neither would be favored either, I would think. I would've picked Columbus over either of those two teams as well.

Timestamp checks out.

17 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

That's actually what I thought at the time as well. 

With Toronto & Tampa out, I honestly thought Boston & Columbus were the best teams left in the whole playoffs. 

Can't decide if this makes it easier or harder to stomach.

PvO6ZWJ.png

This is a weird series because there's been no carry-over between games. St Louis looked like the worst team I've ever seen in the Finals in Game 3 and then the better team last night. 

Boston might be dinged up and their top guys didn't look engaged. I don't hate the Blues' chances here. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

58 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

This is a weird series because there's been no carry-over between games. St Louis looked like the worst team I've ever seen in the Finals in Game 3 and then the better team last night. 

Boston might be dinged up and their top guys didn't look engaged. I don't hate the Blues' chances here. 

There's not continuity between periods or even minutes. Before Boston's SHG last night, the Blues were controlling things so thoroughly 5-on-5, it looked like a Bruin might just drop dead from exhaustion in their own zone.

1 hour ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

While I still think Boston is going to win this series, the puck is in the Blues' favor. They have a golden opportunity to swing momentum completely in their favor and possibly win the series on home ice in Game 6.

Yes, they need to prove that game 3 was just a fluke.

Excellent!

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Both teams are ones that have been able to show resilience and bounce back after a loss in these playoffs. I think it's a factor of neither team really being clearly better than the other, the fact that they play not dissimilar styles, and they both are too good to simply lose steam and quit because of a preceding loss.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Archived