Rite of Spring 2019: The Chase for the Stanley Cup

buzzcut

1 hour ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Chara apparently has a broken how. :censored:. 

Bruins aren't going to win if he has to miss any games. 

That's rough. As much as I dislike the Bruins, most of it comes from Marchand how insufferable I feel a large contingent of Boston sports fans have become recently. I like that big, goofy Slovak. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winner of game 5 wins the Cup. If the Bruins win, it will be same ol' Blues and LOL another Boston title. If the Blues get the W, Blues become the Capitals and get redemption for all of the playoff defeats and a huge Hurricane winds called sighs of relief from Montreal, Toronto, Buffalo, New York, and pretty much any Boston hater in the Milky Way.

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Winner of game 5 wins the Cup. If the Bruins win, it will be same ol' Blues and LOL another Boston title. If the Blues get the W, Blues become the Capitals and get redemption for all of the playoff defeats and a huge Hurricane winds called sighs of relief from Montreal, Toronto, Buffalo, New York, and pretty much any Boston hater in the Milky Way.

Nothing's over until one team wins four.

12 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Chara apparently has a broken how. :censored:. 

Bruins aren't going to win if he has to miss any games. 

Yeah, I disagree. Chara is 40, and not the Tom Brady type 40 - more of the beer league guy named Jim type 40. He's not the game-changer he used to be, and is more so just the vocal leader of the at this point. Bruins will definitely miss his voice, but his play can be replaced and maybe even upgraded.

5 hours ago, speedy said:

Yeah, I disagree. Chara is 40, and not the Tom Brady type 40 - more of the beer league guy named Jim type 40. He's not the game-changer he used to be, and is more so just the vocal leader of the at this point. Bruins will definitely miss his voice, but his play can be replaced and maybe even upgraded.

You really think that one (or a combination) of Kampfer, Lauzon, or Vaakanainen are going to be an upgrade over Chara? That’s a pretty ballsy bet.

Chara may not be able to move, but he still has elite stick handling and poke checking ability, as well as tons of playoff experience. Just because we lucked into McAvoy and Carlo being thrown into the fire and being studs doesn’t mean it’s going to happen again.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

2 minutes ago, Lafarge said:

You really think that one (or a combination) of Kampfer, Lauzon, or Vaakanainen are going to be an upgrade over Chara? That’s a pretty ballsy bet.

Chara may not be able to move, but he still has elite stick handling and poke checking ability, as well as tons of playoff experience. Just because we lucked into McAvoy and Carlo being thrown into the fire and being studs doesn’t mean it’s going to happen again.

Ballsy, sure. But not so ballsy I’m ready to call the series. Carlo took a while to get to this point, McAvoy was a stone cold killer out of the gate. He’s a freak.

Again, I haven’t seen a thing from Chara on the ice that I couldn’t do without. Nothing he does is at an elite level anymore let’s be honest and that’s fine, he’s freakin’ 40. He was never a Torey Krug type puck carrier but his breakout passes leave A LOT to be desired - he’s playing a Julien game in a Cassidy world. Trust me, I love the guy, but if he misses time it’s not the end of the world. I’m guessing Kampfer would get the nod - don’t love it, don’t hate it.

This could all be pointless, though WEEI is saying he’s got a realistic shot at playing tomorrow. Personally, I doubt it.

Good news is Grz practicing this morning, non-contact jersey, but practice is a step forward.

41 minutes ago, speedy said:

Ballsy, sure. But not so ballsy I’m ready to call the series. Carlo took a while to get to this point, McAvoy was a stone cold killer out of the gate. He’s a freak.

Again, I haven’t seen a thing from Chara on the ice that I couldn’t do without. Nothing he does is at an elite level anymore let’s be honest and that’s fine, he’s freakin’ 40. He was never a Torey Krug type puck carrier but his breakout passes leave A LOT to be desired - he’s playing a Julien game in a Cassidy world. Trust me, I love the guy, but if he misses time it’s not the end of the world. I’m guessing Kampfer would get the nod - don’t love it, don’t hate it.

This could all be pointless, though WEEI is saying he’s got a realistic shot at playing tomorrow. Personally, I doubt it.

Good news is Grz practicing this morning, non-contact jersey, but practice is a step forward.

Yeah, those are good points. A big part of me is still scarred from the whole Kaspars Daugavins experiment in game one of 2013, so I’m wary of anyone coming in as an injury replacement.

I’d be absolutely shocked if Chara plays tomorrow. You just don’t come back from a broken jaw two days later unless you’re an insane person. It would be in Bloody Sock/Pierce Pooping Himself (I don’t care if it didn’t really happen, it’s real in my heart) level of injury comeback lore.

Grz being back would be massive for this series. Having one guy with little playoff experience is one thing, potentially 3 (if the Bruins run seven defenders as rumored) is terrifying.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

7 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I’m at least as good as Mike Milbury. 

Unless you've beaten someone with their own shoe, you are better than him. :)

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

1 hour ago, Lafarge said:

Yeah, those are good points. A big part of me is still scarred from the whole Kaspars Daugavins experiment in game one of 2013, so I’m wary of anyone coming in as an injury replacement.

I’d be absolutely shocked if Chara plays tomorrow. You just don’t come back from a broken jaw two days later unless you’re an insane person. It would be in Bloody Sock/Pierce Pooping Himself (I don’t care if it didn’t really happen, it’s real in my heart) level of injury comeback lore.

Grz being back would be massive for this series. Having one guy with little playoff experience is one thing, potentially 3 (if the Bruins run seven defenders as rumored) is terrifying.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but The Blues seemed to have played A LOT better when Bruins run multiable defensemen, that's what scares me. 

Getting Grzelcyk back would be a nice consolation though. 

I don't expect Chara to play unless it goes 7. 

40 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but The Blues seemed to have played A LOT better when Bruins run multiable defensemen, that's what scares me. 

Getting Grzelcyk back would be a nice consolation though. 

I don't expect Chara to play unless it goes 7. 

The two games the Bruins lost they spent at least half the game with only five defensemen due to the injuries to Grz and Chara. That fatigue clearly showed at the end of both games.

I imagine the seven defenseman plan will be twofold. First, in case one of them is utter garbage, you can bench them without dropping to five. Second, in case of injury, you’ve got full pairings still.

And hey, maybe one of the first two lines will finally score a point at even strength this series!

4 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I’m at least as good as Mike Milbury. 

Pierre McGuire isn’t even in your zip code. 

spacer.png

Seems like Chara is playing tonight. 😲

Don't care how feel about Bruins or their fans, you gotta admit that's some tough ass :censored: to go out & play less than 2 day after breaking your jaw. 

If Bruins win this, it will be right up there with Schillings bloody sock game. 

If the Bruins win the Cup, just give the Conn Smythe to the entire defense. They're the reason the Bruins have made it this far.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived